No announcement yet.

Pea, Roy or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Floyd won, but let's not act like he totally dominated Pacquiao.

He didn't. He out landed him and didn't look nearly as good as he should have against a guy with no jab and the ability to cut off the ring.

Which is why I cringe when people mention Pac as his greatest win.

Dominating prime Toney, beating prime and undefeated JCC > outpointing post KTFO Pacquiao.

The fight still wasn't close at all.

And I would say Chavez wasn't prime in 93.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      eh?

You serious? You actually think Pac could have won that fight? Did you watch it? Are we talking about the same fight?

Floyd vs Pacquiao right? Not Lloyd vs Drakiow.

Comment

Pea and Roy were both far more talented than the Cherry-picker Floyd!!

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
          Your point? One year I was off and I guess I don't know anything about boxing, ey? I guess you told me. LoL. Anyway, Pea was 33 when he faced a prime Oscar, 35 when he faced a prime Tito. My point has already been proven. Pea's place in history is WAY higher than both. Hopkin's was not in his prime when Roy fought him. Toney was BUT Toney didn't even train for Roy and he lost an uneventful affair. Why didn't Roy go after him at all in that fight? Roy was no killer, that's why. The really special ones want to hurt and humiliate you nomatter what. As for Floyd, he lost to Castillo in the first fight, got touched up by Corley, Agustus, Judah for five rounds, Hoya, Cotto, Maidana, and Manny. Pea would've never struggled with a 40 year old Mosley, a washed up Cotto, a limited Maidana, etc. I could go on and on. I'll stop there. Roy and Floyd are beneath Sweet Pea. Roy doesn't even have fundamental skill at ALL. He's all flash and athletic gifts.
          You said 33. Someone told you 35. You then made another post writing 34. I pointed out that after being corrected once you came up with a new mistake. This does not prove your knowledge of boxing, but your lack of reading skills and ability to concentrate. Your following non sequiturs (which you call arguments I d guess) confirm that. Hence I am not going to bother replying.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenge Myself View Post
            Pea and Roy were both far more talented than the Cherry-picker Floyd!!
            Thank you. Would you care to explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Oh he's serious
              Still suckin those floydy nuts eh Dan? How they tastin' with the lack of testosterone and all?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                When I posted my opinion I stated that I did not want to prod a hornet's nest..that meant basically that the gangstalking idiots like you would understand code for, lets not go there and fvc up a good thread. Your an azz who cannot acept a difference of opinion its that simple. I won't be censored because of a lack of maturity, its that simple.

The problem with you and Dan and others is not that you think Floyd won, but the need to harass people with a different opinion. Its childish and ******, grow up.

Comment

When it comes to overall ability I would place Roy above Whitaker and Mayweather. When it comes to resume and longevity I would place Floyd above Roy and Whitaker. Although Whitaker is the only one of the three to win a gold medal the other two were clearly robbed at the olympics.

Overall I would say the list goes like this

Roy Jones Jr.
                  Floyd Mayweather
                  Pernell Whitaker

Floyd being the one and only undefeated five division world champion has to be taken into account.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    Still suckin those floydy nuts eh Dan? How they tastin' with the lack of testosterone and all?
                    Wow.

You didn't strike me as childish.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      When I posted my opinion I stated that I did not want to prod a hornet's nest..that meant basically that the gangstalking idiots like you would understand code for, lets not go there and fvc up a good thread. Your an azz who cannot acept a difference of opinion its that simple. I won't be censored because of a lack of maturity, its that simple.

The problem with you and Dan and others is not that you think Floyd won, but the need to harass people with a different opinion. Its childish and ******, grow up.
                      I didn't respond to you. I responded to another poster and one I respect greatly.

And if you say ****** things people are going to comment about it. That's just what happens.

Comment

Working...
                      X