Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do many (not all) people consider Earnie Shavers the hardest puncher of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Duran KO'd a horse, what could Shavers KO?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Always a chance of that . . . I don't know of such dealings but I never say an absolute no when dealing with what prize fighters will say or do.

I know Ali tried to get Foreman out of retirement by offering him a rematch if he Forrman would take care of Norton first. Foreman refused. So the story goes..
      I can see that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

I fear I see an ego bias in those assessments.

Holmes got off the floor from Shavers which in his mind makes him look heroic - Holyfield needs to explain to himself why Bowe stopped him.

But who knows - guess I am adverse to quotes.
        In my mind it makes Larry look heroic!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          If Duran KO'd a horse, what could Shavers KO?
          If Duran actually did that which, having kept horses I highly doubt , it was a pretty nasty and shabby thing to do don't you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Recounting something while hammered on bathtub gin in not reliable. Put the bottle down and your glasses back on.
            - - U seem to have an unerring familiarity with bathtub gin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivich View Post

If Duran actually did that which, having kept horses I highly doubt , it was a pretty nasty and shabby thing to do don't you think?
              "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Abraham Lincoln
              Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

• Why there is a whole industry of people who treat punching power like it's an unknowable mystical power you're born with that can't be taught, measured, or quantified in any way is beyond me. It's third grade physics. Most the guys y'all are interested in knowing about are on film. The question - who is the hardest and most devastating puncher of all time - is knowable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                  Why there is a whole industry of people who treat punching power like it's an unknowable mystical power you're born with that can't be taught, measured, or quantified in any way is beyond me. It's third grade physics. Most the guys y'all are interested in knowing about are on film. The question - who is the hardest and most devastating puncher of all time - is knowable.

Yeah, really as Beavis used to say on B&B. Why are people still debating this topic? It's pretty easy as to why people consider anywone a hard puncher. He punched people and they fell down. Sometimes, they didn't get up. The reason why he isn't one of the best though is because, like I said before, those knockouts weren't usually against the best opponents he fought, besides Ken Norton, if you check his record. Next f****n question.
                  Marchegiano Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post

Yeah, really as Beavis used to say on B&B. Why are people still debating this topic?
                    - - U watched that show? Was U in 3rd grade?

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - U watched that show? Was U in 3rd grade?
                      I was, abouts, I reckon.

Comment

Working...
                      X