Holyfield vs Tyson
    Holyfield vs Lewis
    Lewis vs Tyson
    Thanks for the list of fights i can go watch on YT right now :P

Comment

PACMAN by KO. Mayweather will be going down come May 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by brand404 View Post
        What i cant figure out is why people like to say May/Pac are now not as good as they once were but i am confused, arent they at the top of their sport and all comers so far have felt their wrath (sans Pac's brutal knockout by Marquez)? If both fighters were losing as other fighters are then i can understand why people would bring this up but from what i see both are still the best.
        I think a simple eye-test reveals that Floyd doesn't have the reflexes and speed as he had just a couple of years ago. Pac does not appear to be that devastating a combinationpuncher as he was as well.

Still its a great fight and a MEGA-event. The first genuine superfight of the internetage. A shame this isn't fight III between the two, but the matchup is still highly intriguing. Orthodox vs southpaw. Great defense vs great offense etc.

Comment

Originally posted by brand404 View Post
          What i cant figure out is why people like to say May/Pac are now not as good as they once were but i am confused, arent they at the top of their sport and all comers so far have felt their wrath (sans Pac's brutal knockout by Marquez)? If both fighters were losing as other fighters are then i can understand why people would bring this up but from what i see both are still the best.
          Mayweather a few years back would not be touched by madianna...It would be like the Baldimere fight. And I doubt Pac would touch him up. Floyd has been getting touched up and Manny's athletascim has become more relavent as father time pounces!

I think this fight is now a toss up but prime for prime Floyd had the legs to avoid and catch Pacman at will. Cotto and others have been getting to Floyd in ways that probably never would have happened when Floyd was prime.

Comment

Surely this fight is the most expensive fight so far in the history of boxing. WTF

Comment

Originally posted by shadow_mp8 View Post
              Surely this fight is the most expensive fight so far in the history of boxing. WTF
              This fight will shatter every money record in boxing. Of course if you adjusted for inflation things might be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                This fight will shatter every money record in boxing. Of course if you adjusted for inflation things might be different.
                Ppv wasn't what it was either, back in the day. Nor a 24/7 for Muhammed ali to spout off on

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                  The verdict will be controversial and leave Mayweather's "0" in tact.

From a historical standpoint, at this phase in their careers, it means nothing, or next to it. They are both past their best. It will determine who was better between the two in 2015, who had the most left.

I can't even get up for this fight.

This fight should have happened 6 years ago.
                  Not sure if I entirely agree with this.

Most people will agree that the greatest box match in history was Thrilla in Manila and watching it today, it is still as brutal and epic as it must have been back when it took place in the 70s.

I bring this up because both Ali and Frazier were past their primes and not as good as they once were, but that did not stop them from putting a real war of attrition.

It is because of Ali vs Frazier 3, it does not bother me one bit that they waited this long to fight because we can all agree both Manny and Floyd are equally past their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by TMNTForever View Post
                    Not sure if I entirely agree with this.

Most people will agree that the greatest box match in history was Thrilla in Manila and watching it today, it is still as brutal and epic as it must have been back when it took place in the 70s.

I bring this up because both Ali and Frazier were past their primes and not as good as they once were, but that did not stop them from putting a real war of attrition.

It is because of Ali vs Frazier 3, it does not bother me one bit that they waited this long to fight because we can all agree both Manny and Floyd are equally past their primes.
                    Let me put your post into perspective here. Check out the age of the fighters:

Frazier-Ali I: Frazier was 27. Ali was 29.
                    Ali-Frazier II. Ali was 31. Frazier was 30.
                    Ali-Frazier III. Ali was 33. Frazier was 31.

Mayweather will be 38 and Pacquiao 36.

When Ali was 38 he fought Larry Holmes. Frazier had his final fight at 37 and drew against a journeyman.

In other Words Ali and Frazier fought each other while in their physical primes. Mayweather and Pacquiao is well past that date.

Comment

I have a feeling that Pacman will pull this out.

Comment

Working...
                      X