No announcement yet.

Camacho as a sfw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camacho as a sfw

I think and believe Macho coulda beaten almost any of the greatest super featherweights in history. He was at his peak at 130. He had better power, better reflexes and even better speed than at higher weights. And his chin was ofc unbreakable. Thats why I think he could handle Arguello's power and Azumah's assault well. Not saying he would beat them for sure, but he could.

Take a look at this stunning ko:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3tWY...eature=related

tale ofm the rape for that fight says theyr lws, not sfw

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
      tale ofm the rape for that fight says theyr lws, not sfw
      Youre right but nvm.

Comment

Camacho could beat Arguello(very even fight) but he would lose badly to Azumah.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
          Camacho could beat Arguello(very even fight) but he would lose badly to Azumah.
          What did Azumah have that Macho didn't? He only hit maybe a little harder, but the speed which was his trademark would have no effect against even faster Macho. Same with skills, Nelson had nothing on him.

Comment

Camacho would beat Azumah, but it would be a tough fight for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
              Camacho would beat Azumah, but it would be a tough fight for him.
              - -Nah, as a young man @ 130 with a nose free of the candy that came with the $$$, Macho had speed, footwork, and a natural fighting nuance that can't be taught.

Invincible!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                - -Nah, as a young man @ 130 with a nose free of the candy that came with the $$$, Macho had speed, footwork, and a natural fighting nuance that can't be taught.

Invincible!
                Personally like to believe that, but Azumah went almost the full distance with the great Salvador Sanchez, and definitely learned something.

Comment

I don't know where this notion that Nelson was unbeatable came from...Its a great thread topic and frankly Camacho was one of those rare athletic gifted guys on the level of a Whitaker, Jones, Robinson, Ali, etc.

Camacho hit the mach level where speed=power as a lightweight... Heck I would give it Camacho prime versus Floyd at 130 and I know a lot of people don't think so. That one could go either way, but Camacho was inchoate a little more able with speed and reaction.

Camacho was raised in my hood BTW and he was a guy who boxed as a kid, grandpa took him to the gym...that sort of thing, he developed instincts, and then became professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
                    Personally like to believe that, but Azumah went almost the full distance with the great Salvador Sanchez, and definitely learned something.
                    - -And he got mucho props for that fight, but I never got his moniker, The Professor. His main asset was relentless blunt force trauma and titanium chin with barely and ounce of nuance.

Camacho would have him spinning him like a top in spite of Zoomy having the better career and discipline.

Comment

Working...
                    X