Dempsey vs. Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read it again, clown

Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
    I know that Wills wasn't going to break Dempsey's ribs - he wasn't even going to hear the final bell. And Dempsey had grown into a national hero.
    Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
    It's hard to know what will happen unless a fight actually happens.
    but again, there's no way of knowing.

Wrecked your entire trolling scheme because you're a certified moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
      No fighter is considered an ATG by peers unless they are very special. Johnson was one of those fighters. Just as I condemn revisionism with Dempsey and Marciano I do so with Johnson. All three exhibited top notch abilities and characteristics that are expected of ATG fighters. Johnson of the three was a very crafty fighter. Fleischer called Johnson the “brainiest” of all hwt champions.
      Don't agree with you regarding our discussion of Dempsey, but I do respect you for posts like this. Green K again when I can.

Comment

• Understand the entire time line, the history, and you will come to the same conclusion as everyone else over the past 100 years. Dempsey was no was liable regarding Wills not getting a title shot.

It’s the same conclusion Wills himself enunciated years later.

Comment

Understand the entire time line, the history, and you will come to the same conclusion as everyone else over the past 100 years. Dempsey was no was liable regarding Wills not getting a title shot.

It’s the same conclusion Wills himself enunciated years later.
          Again, some of that is spot on. My concern is with something very specific. Why did Dempsey break a valid contract if he really wanted the fight. His reasoning was shown to be complete BS. When it comes to that specific instance, there is absolutely no one to blame but Dempsey.

Comment

No fighter is considered an ATG by peers unless they are very special. Johnson was one of those fighters. Just as I condemn revisionism with Dempsey and Marciano I do so with Johnson. All three exhibited top notch abilities and characteristics that are expected of ATG fighters. Johnson of the three was a very crafty fighter. Fleischer called Johnson the “brainiest” of all hwt champions.

Nat Fleisher!?!?!?

Well why didn't you say something sooner?

We shouldn't even debate things on this forum. We should just reference Nat Fleischer's position on the topic.

It's not like "appeal to authority" is a logical fallacy or anything...

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Don't agree with you regarding our discussion of Dempsey, but I do respect you for posts like this. Green K again when I can.
              I admire your uninhibited groupie love, but dobut be too crushed if you're not the type he takes back to the tour bus.

But he has to accept that he brought your infatuation upon himself since he defended the overrated Black guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by tranvestite'ny View Post
                you're a certified moron
                Yup. Why else would I be taking to you.

Don't dodge the question: you think Wills is on par with Dempsey and Leonard?
                Upon what footage are you basing your opinion that he wasn't a bum?

Evidence. Let's see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
                  I admire your uninhibited groupie love, but dobut be too crushed if you're not the type he takes back to the tour bus.

But he has to accept that he brought your infatuation upon himself since he defended the overrated Black guy.
                  Your trolling is boring and worthless. Sort your life out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zmerai Khan View Post
                    Yup. Why else would I be taking to you.

Don't dodge the question: you think Wills is on par with Dempsey and Leonard?
                    Upon what footage are you basing your opinion that he wasn't a bum?

Evidence. Let's see it.
                    If you need evidence that Harry Wills wasn't a bum, you shouldn't be discussing boxing. Sort your life out.

But to play your little game, who has a better resume? Harry Wills or Jack Dempsey?

Try not to embarrass yourself again.
                    Last edited by travestyny; 11-27-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• Unless you come up with Dempsey’s entire testimony you don’t know what those reasons are. You have a judges opinion which is not enough. If you TRUELY were interested in the truth you would not jump to the worst case conclusion. Thus yor comments can only be interpreted as a purposeful slam against Dempsey. Also your interpretation of what occurred with Dempsey drawing and recanting the color line is completely off base. Complete distortion of the history.

Comment

Working...
                      X