No announcement yet.

What is more impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I absolutely disagree. Not having to travel isn't proof of a rigged tournament. Do you have any proof the refs and judges were on his side, or is that just your opinion.

Now this is a fixed tournament.

https://www.sportscasting.com/don-ki...unscathed/?amp
    I read the article you posted, I don't see what is wrong with Don King's United States Boxing Champion tournament.

It looked to be much like Frankie Crabo and Blinky Palmero's IBC from the 1950s.

Even the article itself admits that all Don King wanted was exclusive deals with the best boxers in every weight class.

In prize fighting that sounds to me like business as usual.

You two guys are seeing too many conspiracies, that are there.

Comment

The best fighter is always supposed to win. Most times it happens, sometimes it doesn't.
      so are you agreeing with me. that the promoter conspired to make sure ward wins as long as he doesnt get ko

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
        so are you agreeing with me. that the promoter conspired to make sure ward wins as long as he doesnt get ko
        Not at all. There is absolutely no proof of this. Only your speculation.

Comment

Not at all. There is absolutely no proof of this. Only your speculation.
          revisionist history

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
            revisionist history
            Lol, how do you figure? You offer no proof, only your personal opinion.

Comment

Lol, how do you figure? You offer no proof, only your personal opinion.
              Sound familiar? Seems to be a thing in these here parts.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                Sound familiar? Seems to be a thing in these here parts.
                It does seem to becoming a trend.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                  I read the article you posted, I don't see what is wrong with Don King's United States Boxing Champion tournament.

It looked to be much like Frankie Crabo and Blinky Palmero's IBC from the 1950s.

Even the article itself admits that all Don King wanted was exclusive deals with the best boxers in every weight class.

In prize fighting that sounds to me like business as usual.

You two guys are seeing too many conspiracies, that are there.
                  At least 11 people had unearned rankings and several boxers were found to have won fake fights that never happened.

Comment

At least 11 people had unearned rankings and several boxers were found to have won fake fights that never happened.
                    LOL -- Right, business as usual!

Have you ever looked up Don King's promotion history? -- He went from promoting two fourth rate cards as charity events for a Cleveland hospital straight into the Rumble in the Jungle.

From a two-bit charity fight to the biggest paying fight to date.

How the hell did he pull that rabbit out; only in America!

For all his wrongs, and there are many, he is an amazing cat.

https://boxrec.com/en/promoter/413070?&offset=375

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
                      LOL -- Right, business as usual!

Have you ever looked up Don King's promotion history? -- He went from promoting two fourth rate cards as charity events for a Cleveland hospital straight into the Rumble in the Jungle.

From a two-bit charity fight to the biggest paying fight to date.

How the hell did he pull that rabbit out; only in America!

For all his wrongs, and there are many, he is an amazing cat.

https://boxrec.com/en/promoter/413070?&offset=375
                      I agree, he is Amazing. But my point was this is what a rigged tournament looks like, not the Super six.

The Life and crimes of Don King is an excellent book if you want an in depth look at his rise from nothing to his ability to finagle million dollar fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X