Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you like Better: Morales or Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too close. Both gave us great fights, and still have some more to give. Did you see his most recent fight Vs. Jose Arias for Barrera he won by TKO in 2nd? Or Willie Limond, Francisco Lorenzo, and Jose Alfaro he got a draw with Maidana in my head. GO EL TERRIBLE AND BABY FACED ASSASSIN!

Comment

I like both. I lean a little towards Barrera because the outcome of their three fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Both.

I struggle to see how Marquez is as great as Morales and Barrera personally. I think Morales and Barrera are quite clearly greater than Marquez.

In terms of who I like, I like Morales much much more than I like Barrera or Marquez.

I probably like Barrera and Marquez about the same.
        Marquez is still the only one who is fighting at as high a level in the later part of his career as he did early on. Thats gotta count for something.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
          Marquez is still the only one who is fighting at as high a level in the later part of his career as he did early on. Thats gotta count for something.
          Good point.

But even then, I still really struggle to see an argument for Marquez being as great as Morales or Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            when barrera and morales were into the thick of building their respective resumes and climbing weight classes, marquez was well preserved by arum on the top rank freezer...

it was only when golden boy got hold of him that he started to constantly fight the guys that matter... around this time, barrera and morales were approaching the twilights of their prime...

i think that explains why JMM has better longevity...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
              when barrera and morales were into the thick of building their respective resumes and climbing weight classes, marquez was well preserved by arum on the top rank freezer...

it was only when golden boy got hold of him that he started to constantly fight the guys that matter... around this time, barrera and morales were approaching the twilights of their prime...

i think that explains why JMM has better longevity...
              I think it had more to do with him changing his agressiveness as far as longevity goes. The reality is also that they never really gave him his chance to enter the big three competition back then. I think he beats Barrera at any point in their careers. If there is a fighter that straps them up against all comers its those Marquez Bros.

Comment

Working...
              X