Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you like Better: Morales or Barrera?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morales is a ****in warrior. You hit him, he wants to hit you back even harder. Repeat that hundreds of times during the round for 12 rounds and thats why I ****in love him haha.

Comment

If u love boxing u love both these guys, they are everything thats good about this great sport! For me tho its El Terrible, he's my boy

Comment

barrera for me...

Comment

Barrera is a badass. The first 4 rounds of him against jmm are some of my favorite boxing rounds. On the Flip side Erik's my boy, and after his performance against Maidana I have to go with Erik.

Comment

Originally posted by Toney616 View Post
            Barrera is a badass. The first 4 rounds of him against jmm are some of my favorite boxing rounds. On the Flip side Erik's my boy, and after his performance against Maidana I have to go with Erik.
            Not much discussed but a quality fight - it was similar to Hearns/Leonard II(without the knockdowns) very entertaining.

Morales, but it's close, obviously. Barrera was definitely "the HBO fighter", in my view; you only have to listen how totally lacking in objectivity Lampley(who I have a lot of time for) and co were in the third Morales and Marquez fights'.

Comment

I got a feeling everybody got respect for Barrera on boxing forums. And many I've spoken to actually like him better than Morales, even though they like both. Myself I prefer Erik coz he looks more humble, naturally because he comes from more humble background than Barrera. Sadly, its always been a big part of the rivalry and animosity between the two and its STUPID.

I enjoyed Barrera's dismantling of cocky mofo Hamed and also the way he beat Kennedy McKinney, another cocky guy. But if you ask me who I think is better p4p, I'd say Morales is. He beat Junior Jones and Pacquiao, Barrera lost to them. He also schooled guys like Paulie Ayala and Jesus Chavez, 2 very skilled fighters. Barrera has also beat many good fighters, but his cryptonite were fast guys with power like Jones and Manny.
              Last edited by Pastrano; 05-28-2011, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                Not much discussed but a quality fight - it was similar to Hearns/Leonard II(without the knockdowns) very entertaining.
                I agree. I like the intensity that Barrera fights with. He seemed to lose a bit of focus later on in that fight though. lol at him knocking down jmm and getting a 8-10 round
                Morales, but it's close, obviously. Barrera was definitely "the HBO fighter", in my view; you only have to listen how totally lacking in objectivity Lampley(who I have a lot of time for) and co were in the third Morales and Marquez fights'.
                The Maidana fight tilts it in Erik's favor for me. Dude fought on skill and heart alone.

Comment

Youre right. Even in the first Morales-Barrera fight everybody was hugging Barrera's nuts. Lederman the senile fool scored it unbelievably wide for Barrera!

Comment

In fairness, the fights were absolute hell to score and my scores change every time I watch them. I also think Lederman is decent enough and gets more right than he does wrong.

Comment

In fairness, the fights were absolute hell to score and my scores change every time I watch them. I also think Lederman is decent enough and gets more right than he does wrong.
                      I scored it for jmm by 2 points

Comment

Working...
                      X