Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 1993, was there a bigger fight than Lewis vs Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    Lennox/Bowe was the worst possible fight that couldve been made.

Lennox was a nobody in 1993 and he is only champion because he took a belt out of a trash can. Lennox would get brutally KOd by John Ruiz 10 times out of 10. I would let Bowe and John Ruiz nail my sister because they are both real men, and not scared cowards like Lennox Lewis.
    Cut the sarcasm my friend.

Comment

around that time, i would expect a Foreman vs Tyson fight to be in the talk. It'd be one helluva show IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
        around that time, i would expect a Foreman vs Tyson fight to be in the talk. It'd be one helluva show IMO.

During that time frame Tyson was in prison and Foreman was working his way back up after losing to Holyfield. He also lost to Morrison near or around the time a Lewis-Bowe fight should have come off.

Comment

It would've been nice to see Lennox fight Bowe, Foreman, Ruiz, Byrd and W.Klitschko. Had Kirk Johnson not pulled out, Lewis would've retired without fighting either Klitschko, despite Wlad calling him out in Mar, 2001. And a rematch with Mercer would've been nice as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            It would've been nice to see Lennox fight Bowe, Foreman, Ruiz, Byrd and W.Klitschko. Had Kirk Johnson not pulled out, Lewis would've retired without fighting either Klitschko, despite Wlad calling him out in Mar, 2001. And a rematch with Mercer would've been nice as well.
            How do you know this?

Comment

Chavez-Whitaker? I was barely functioning in 93, so I couldn't tell you the climate, but those are the only two names that spring to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                Chavez-Whitaker? I was barely functioning in 93, so I couldn't tell you the climate, but those are the only two names that spring to mind.
                At Heavyweight?

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                  How do you know this?
                  Because he didn't fight Vitali until Johnson pulled out with short notice. And he retired soon after (despite being offered insane amounts of money.) I choose not to believe that he retired because of Vitali. Are you saying he did?

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post

Im only talking heavyweights my friend. Here is a link to the 1993 rating coming out of 92'. If you notice there is no Dokes or Ferguson rated AT ALL in the 90's, while Lewis is rated #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                      Because he didn't fight Vitali until Johnson pulled out with short notice. And he retired soon after (despite being offered insane amounts of money.) I choose not to believe that he retired because of Vitali. Are you saying he did?
                      Had he beaten Johnson easily though he may have chosen to fight either K bro. Its a possibility that can't just be written off in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X