No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    What are you talking about? That is always Manny's response when asked about future opponents. Sure if someone like Jimmy Kimmel asks him directly if he'll fight Floyd, he'll say yes. Winner take all? Sure. His answers may be the same if it were Wladimir Klitschko being mentioned.

You and I can only speculate on what happens in private meetings between Team Pacquaio and Top Rank. It is very possible that Manny is happy with the direction of his career and the money he is making and prefers his promoter to handle these details. This allows him to focus on the actual fighting and his busy social calendar. If anyone is playing dumb it is Pacquiao. Unless he isn't.
    Come on, man.

There is simply no way that Pacquaio after all his experience doesn't know that it's Bob Arum that works for him.

He say's that because Bob Arum ultimately makes his fights for him. It doesn't mean he can't stand up and say 'I want that fight'.

He absolutely knows this, it would be silly to think he didn't. He's not an idiot.

Pac has put his foot down before, he needs to do it now where it matters.

He's not going to, though. I've made my mind up with all the bull**** Arum has come out with the past week and especially today that he obviously doesn't want the fight and in result neither does Pacquaio.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 01-11-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• I find it weird how Arum, Konzc and Roach all state it's Manny who makes the final decision, while Manny himself claims Bob Arum makes the decision.

I'm not one to point fingers, especially in the history section where my boxing knowledge is outclassed significantly, but you would have to be really naive to believe Manny does not decide who to fight.

If he wants Mayweather, he gets Mayweather. Thats what it's like being such a valuable commodity as he is to top-rank.
      The "i do what my promoter wants me to do" is a pure marketing ploy in order to deflect criticism. He's an aspiring presidential candidate ffs.

Comment

• Its flat out embarrassing trying to explain why this fight hasn't happened yet too a casual fan, This shiet would never happen in the UFC OR ANY other sport for that matter, if this fight fails to happen imo it hurts Both guys legacy's

For what its worth my personal feeling is that most of the hold up blame is on Team Pac and as far as the fight goes (should it happen!) my pick is Floyd Mayweather and im Very confident of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
          Its flat out embarrassing trying to explain why this fight hasn't happened yet too a casual fan, This shiet would never happen in the UFC OR ANY other sport for that matter, if this fight fails to happen imo it hurts Both guys legacy's

For what its worth my personal feeling is that most of the hold up blame is on Team Pac and as far as the fight goes (should it happen!) my pick is Floyd Mayweather and im Very confident of that.
          Take it you're the one getting all the questions from your mates as well.

Comment

• Any thoughts on the outcome of the Ortiz-Berto rematch? Although Berto won his last fight his defense was terrible and he seemed to be wide open. For this reason I think Ortiz will stop him this time. Opinions?

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              Any thoughts on the outcome of the Ortiz-Berto rematch? Although Berto won his last fight his defense was terrible and he seemed to be wide open. For this reason I think Ortiz will stop him this time. Opinions?
              I expect Berto to try and box and spoil, unsuccessfully, and Ortiz to win an easy decision. Berto looked awful against Zaveck, and he already looked out of breath when the fight was stopped. The wildcard of course is whether Ortiz decides to lay a stinker when we don't expect it.

It would be nice to get a great fight, but I personally thought the first fight was overrated. The second half was boring, Berto just clinched every chance he got and Ortiz won pretty much every round.

Comment

Any thoughts on the outcome of the Ortiz-Berto rematch? Although Berto won his last fight his defense was terrible and he seemed to be wide open. For this reason I think Ortiz will stop him this time. Opinions?
                Don't think it's going to be a good fight, Ortiz UD.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  I expect Berto to try and box and spoil, unsuccessfully, and Ortiz to win an easy decision. Berto looked awful against Zaveck, and he already looked out of breath when the fight was stopped. The wildcard of course is whether Ortiz decides to lay a stinker when we don't expect it.

It would be nice to get a great fight, but I personally thought the first fight was overrated. The second half was boring, Berto just clinched every chance he got and Ortiz won pretty much every round.
                  Yeah I agree. Berto's stamina has been terrible lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Take it you're the one getting all the questions from your mates as well.
                    Lol Sure am buddy!

Annoyingly though EVERYONE seems to have an uneducated opinion on who is at fault and who will win, ***** on boxing in general even though they have never seen a fight in years or one not involving Hatton or Calzaghe! I dont know about cricket so u know what i do - choose not to comment!

On Berto vs Vic Ortiz - Im all over that one, i expect a very good fight. Berto will try and box, fail at that and then we have another shoot out with Ortiz coming out on top for a UD. Ortiz is rarely if ever in a bad fight...

Comment

I think Berto is tailor made for Ortiz.

I see people saying Berto will try and box but Berto really doesn't have the ability to box like that and win. He's not a boxer nor does he have the ability.

He doesn't really have a style. He reminds me of a really poor version of a later Mosley. He flicks out a ****ty jab and then throws a big right hand and clinches then that's it, rinse and repeat.

He has good speed, good power, but just no real style, No defense, bad footwork, not a great chin, terrible stamina and so forth.

He's just not a good fighter. I don't overly rate Ortiz but he's much better than a guy like Berto.

In the first fight, his only way of fighting wasn't working so he just lay on the ropes most of the time, bamboozled when his only gameplan didn't work.

Sure, he landed a good shot in the 6th, the only real time his gameplan actually worked but other than that, for me, he lost most of the rounds and fight.

I just think the same things going to happen, outside of one big shot, Berto won't win. He's not going adjust, that's not what he does. I both fighters will come out and do the same thing as last time and the same kind of thing will happen.

Ortiz UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X