No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
    Think I'm about slow on hearing about this one but I've only just fount out Paul Williams is fighting Lara, thoughts ?, this is an excellent fight, cannot wait.
    It's gonna be explosive and exciting as hell but Williams should beat the ***** out of him. Should stop him but even if he does show a little hesitation or hurt from the brutal KO loss I think he should still win a comfortable decision if not stop him late.

Cintron is fighting Molina who everybody thought got robbed against Lara, winners should fight each other to see who should get a rematch with Sergio. Althought I'd love to see Cintron-Cotto scrap it out too.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      Think I'm about slow on hearing about this one but I've only just fount out Paul Williams is fighting Lara, thoughts ?, this is an excellent fight, cannot wait.
      I Despise it when fighters get written off after a loss but if im honest i think Williams is gonna have trouble coming back from that Martinez KO...

I like Lara to win
      Last edited by The Surgeon; 06-10-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

• Unless Williams confidence was totally shattered in his last fight than Lara should be in over his head. Not only is there a big gap in size, but against top notch competition as well. Williams UD.

Comment

• Anyone think Ortiz could upset Mayweather? I dont see it personally,floyd may be a slow starter but i think once he finds his rhythm he will put on a clinic,Ortiz showed heart against Berto but he was landing his own shots consistently and i cant see him doing that against pbf,i hope its more competitive than i think it will be though

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
            Anyone think Ortiz could upset Mayweather? I dont see it personally,floyd may be a slow starter but i think once he finds his rhythm he will put on a clinic,Ortiz showed heart against Berto but he was landing his own shots consistently and i cant see him doing that against pbf,i hope its more competitive than i think it will be though

I like Ortiz, but he is a second rate fighter in comparison to Mayweather. He'll be out boxed and stopped late, I'd put ALL my points on it. Im no fan of Floyd, but look for him to make a statement in this fight.

Comment

Anyone think Ortiz could upset Mayweather? I dont see it personally,floyd may be a slow starter but i think once he finds his rhythm he will put on a clinic,Ortiz showed heart against Berto but he was landing his own shots consistently and i cant see him doing that against pbf,i hope its more competitive than i think it will be though
              Its as good a fight as Floyd could have made and Ortiz has as much of a chance as the next guy, He's southpaw, can bang with both hands and at any range, he's young, fit and bull strong, is fast and after the Berto win will be full of confidence.

That said he's getting picked off with right hands all night and stopped late

Mayweather just seems to operate on a higher level

Comment

• What do you attribute a stoppage to? Ortiz lack of chin/defense, or Mayweather turning on the offensive style like he used to at 130 and 135?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                  Its as good a fight as Floyd could have made and Ortiz has as much of a chance as the next guy, He's southpaw, can bang with both hands and at any range, he's young, fit and bull strong, is fast and after the Berto win will be full of confidence.

That said he's getting picked off with right hands all night and stopped late

Mayweather just seems to operate on a higher level
                  I literally could not agree more. We have exactly the same take. Ortiz has promise but Mayweather is just too good.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Smash View Post
                    What do you attribute a stoppage to? Ortiz lack of chin/defense, or Mayweather turning on the offensive style like he used to at 130 and 135?
                    IMO, Floyd will break Ortiz down mentally. He has already proven to be a psychological master, and Ortiz proved in the Maidana fight that he is flawed. If Victor is able to stay as focused as he did against Berto this could be a hell of a fight. But I look for Mayweather to start getting in Ortiz's head long before the fight starts.

Comment

There is more chance of hell freezing over.

Ortiz, although a legit fight for Mayweather, stands next to no chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X