No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
    I was part of Don George's camp, any thoughts on his performance?
    Honestly, he proved that he had no business fighting on HBO. He was outclassed by an ordinary prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Haha, ever the Nostradamus.
      It's a gift

Comment

• Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
        I was part of Don George's camp, any thoughts on his performance?
        he fought a very smart fight and didnt run into anything big, but i dont think he took the risk necessary until the end of the fight, and he then he got tagged for it. there's probably an insurmountable gap in class.

rodriguez never threw his best shots (his body work and his uppercuts. he threw one or two.) he does have power. not one punch power, but enough to get your going with either hand.
        when he opens up with that type of offense he is wide open and gets caught, but he also puts guys away. i've seen edwin fight live many times, for whatever that is worth.

i think we can credit george's level of experience and his power for rodriguez' not opening up. george fought a good fight rodriguez is in the process of changing his style under shields. he's never been a jabber like that. he's a few fights away from turning the thing into a real weapon, but at least he stuck it out there. he was not doing a lot otherwise, at least not in his normal tradition. he's usually much more offensive.
        Last edited by New England; 03-25-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Molina DQ

I'm just wondering what others are thinking about Carlos Molina being DQ'd late in a fight that he was winning? Of course everyone agrees that it was a ****ty thing to happen. But was it the right course of action?

A lot of the boxing media is (typically) indignant about it, but to me if you don't enforce that rule then you shouldn't have the rule. The cornerman was so flagrantly breaking it would have been a joke to ignore it. If the rule calls for an automatic DQ for that violation, then you either call it or change the rule.

Opinions?

Comment

• i just heard word that bert sugar died.

RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I'm just wondering what others are thinking about Carlos Molina being DQ'd late in a fight that he was winning? Of course everyone agrees that it was a ****ty thing to happen. But was it the right course of action?

A lot of the boxing media is (typically) indignant about it, but to me if you don't enforce that rule then you shouldn't have the rule. The cornerman was so flagrantly breaking it would have been a joke to ignore it. If the rule calls for an automatic DQ for that violation, then you either call it or change the rule.

Opinions?
              That's what I thought too. But a lot of people are very angry about the DQ.

I also don't understand the mindset of his corner. Why would they do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post

Opinions?
                The bell rang pretty close to the moment that Molina went down, and it wasn't a blatant big shot putting Molina down, his corner may have thought it was a slip or push down. It was a confusing situation, Molina should not have been disqualified for what happened. Warn the corner harshly, let the fight keep going.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  The bell rang pretty close to the moment that Molina went down, and it wasn't a blatant big shot putting Molina down, his corner may have thought it was a slip or push down. It was a confusing situation, Molina should not have been disqualified for what happened. Warn the corner harshly, let the fight keep going.
                  I personally agree with your sentiment and in applying it in the right context. But if the rule says "automatic disqualification", where does that leave you? Ideally the rule can be rewritten so that the referee has at least some discretion.

Comment

• jorge linares has been exposed... for the final time, i think... (can be wrong though)

Comment

• They robbed abril

they should have taken his shoes and trunks if they were going to steal from him

they stole a W. gross. he beat the TRASH out of rios.

he beat the GAHHbage out of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X