Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
    ye i think he gets stopped somewhere around the 9th

cant think of a more likely outcome than the 9th myself

macklin is a tough cookie, though, and it should be a fun fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      cant think of a more likely outcome than the 9th myself

macklin is a tough cookie, though, and it should be a fun fight.
      Ye it will be fun Macklin wont go down without a fight but their is a difference in class,Martinez is much better than Sturm thats for sure

Comment

• I think Macklin might get a flash Knock down.

But I doubt that aswell.

Don't see him winning.

Comment

• Just read Scott Quigg is signed to fight Rendall Munroe!!!

THAT is a F.I.G.H.T! Who do u guys think takes it? Brits in particular...

Im expecting Macklin to bring the pressure and fight his heart out but Sergio is so quick and moves so well i think he makes Matthew miss alot and makes him pay for it. Also lets face it Martinez is cracking hard at this stage and as tough as Macklin is i will be surprised if he makes the final bell.

Brook is gonna put a beating on Hatton, no question.

Im not sold on Kell entirely and i feel as good as Martinez is he is still a bit overrated but they are quite simply better fighters than their opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
            Just read Scott Quigg is signed to fight Rendall Munroe!!!

Im expecting Macklin to bring the pressure and fight his heart out but Sergio is so quick and moves so well i think he makes Matthew miss alot and makes him pay for it. Also lets face it Martinez is cracking hard at this stage and as tough as Macklin is i will be surprised if he makes the final bell.

Im not sold on Kell entirely and i feel as good as Martinez is he is still a bit overrated but they are quite simply better fighters than their opponents.

agreed on brook. i like the power and the explosiveness. he reminds me a bit of berto with a more technique. less speed, but the same sort of acceleration on the punches.

hatton's certainly in with the best fighter he's seen not named canelo. i think the main difference between the two fights will be the speed of brook. if brook is fast enough he can pick hatton off when he does let his hands go. if he's looking to survive it wouldnt surprise me if hatton makes the distance. if he's looking to go in there banging it might actually end up being a decent fight. hatton has a decent chin and he's tough in terms of lasting, if not trying to fight back.

brook will impress me if he gets hatton out of there. i already like the kid. he can box.

sergio and macklin should be a good fight! i dont think matt macklin is there to tap gloves and hug it out . if anybody is getting picked off tomorrow with hard punches it's macklin with maritnez' sharpshooting.
            should be a boxing lesson and one sided, but entertaining none the less.

and i'm looking for edwin rodriguez and don george to steal the show.
            rodriguez is never going to be as good as i had hoped by the look of things, but he's a very physical fighter with a great style for TV. his fight with george should be very rough. edwin doesnt always get out of the way of punches. i'm picking rodriguez via stoppage.

seen him live more than once. he really brings it. george will fight right back. it could be a classic.

and on the bold :
            i have no idea, haha! i've heard of the quigg bloke once or twice. should i mark the calendar?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
              Just read Scott Quigg is signed to fight Rendall Munroe!!!

Now we are talking,it will be a WAR!

Very tough fight to call,props to both for making it happen,im already excited for this one,il have to try and make a predction closer to the fight date

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I think Macklin might get a flash Knock down.

But I doubt that aswell.

Don't see him winning.
                Haha, ever the Nostradamus.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                  agreed on brook. i like the power and the explosiveness. he reminds me a bit of berto with a more technique. less speed, but the same sort of acceleration on the punches.

hatton's certainly in with the best fighter he's seen not named canelo. i think the main difference between the two fights will be the speed of brook. if brook is fast enough he can pick hatton off when he does let his hands go. if he's looking to survive it wouldnt surprise me if hatton makes the distance. if he's looking to go in there banging it might actually end up being a decent fight. hatton has a decent chin and he's tough in terms of lasting, if not trying to fight back.

brook will impress me if he gets hatton out of there. i already like the kid. he can box.

sergio and macklin should be a good fight! i dont think matt macklin is there to tap gloves and hug it out . if anybody is getting picked off tomorrow with hard punches it's macklin with maritnez' sharpshooting.
                  should be a boxing lesson and one sided, but entertaining none the less.

and i'm looking for edwin rodriguez and don george to steal the show.
                  rodriguez is never going to be as good as i had hoped by the look of things, but he's a very physical fighter with a great style for TV. his fight with george should be very rough. edwin doesnt always get out of the way of punches. i'm picking rodriguez via stoppage.

seen him live more than once. he really brings it. george will fight right back. it could be a classic.

and on the bold :
                  i have no idea, haha! i've heard of the quigg bloke once or twice. should i mark the calendar?
                  Well..... According to Matthew Hatton Brook was BETTER than even Alvarez! Both Hatton and Macklin lost like men and conducted themselves with class afterwards, props to them.

Brook just took apart a European championship fighter without leaving 2nd gear, he NEEDS world class opposition Now! Impressive stuff, STILL not entirely sold on him for some reason though!
                  I missed Rodriguez, good fight?

Scott Quigg is the NUTS mate! Im a big fan, Rendall Munroe is a big lad at the weight though and obviously world class with a lot of experience and a great engine. Big step up for Young Quigg

As great a Fight as it will be and (Yes mark the Diary!) THE best fight in the UK is Quigg vs Carl The Jackal Frampton! Those guys are both so talented and this is a genuine rivalry thats been brewing a minute now! Last night Frampton smashed some no hoper then called out Quigg big time, Quigg in the studio working was licking his lips - They Both want it and feel the better fighter!

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    Now we are talking,it will be a WAR!

Very tough fight to call,props to both for making it happen,im already excited for this one,il have to try and make a predction closer to the fight date
                    DELIGHTED with this one too mate! Ballsy move from team Quigg going after Rendall but without breaking it down my initial feeling is Quigg will win. I rate him highly. I'l make a proper prediction after giving it some real thought and taking in some of the build up...

Comment

• I was part of Don George's camp, any thoughts on his performance?

Comment

Working...
                      X