Collapse
No announcement yet.

History today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone with a brain knows Floyd who is a genius in that ring will and Should be favoured, i'll leave bigging him up to u guys for now though and im just gonna give my man Miguel Cotto HIS props....

Cotto has only TWO losses. One to a proven cheater that was avenged and one to Pacquaio (a PED user? I wont go there!) when he had no trainer! Was still clearly in the recovery process from the Tony loss and had to cut extra weight in another of these stupid draining catchweight fights.

Going into the Mayweather fight Cotto has his Mojo back, after exorcising the ghosts of the Margarito defeat in his last fight, winning by TKO, and getting back to winning ways. Since the Pacquaio loss he has had 3 fights all for titles and all wins, none going the distance. He believes he is Back and he is at full confidence again. Im also very impressed with his new trainer Diaz from what admittedly little ive seen. This Mayweather fight is being fought at 154lbs, advantage Cotto - he is the naturally bigger man and wont have to deplete himself cutting weight. Migs will be the physically stronger man in the ring come May 5th and that could count, Mayweather can bring pressure but even if he does its not done with volume punching which seems to be Cotto's biggest achilles heel. Floyd also one would imagine must have his mind on his impending jail sentence, it cant be ideal training for a world title fight with that hanging over your head...

Stylistically Floyd is a handful for anyone Cotto included but Miguel brings some problems of his own to the table for Mayweather. A strong jab, shot out accurately and with excellent timing. A Vicious Hook to the body. Physical Strength. An ability to cut the ring off expertly should Money get on his bike and finally imo the right blend of patience and fire.

Fighting Mayweather is the ultimate, its Cotto's shot at eternal glory, he will come prepared and will come to win. This imo is a two horse race

Comment

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      Everyone with a brain knows Floyd who is a genius in that ring will and Should be favoured, i'll leave bigging him up to u guys for now though and im just gonna give my man Miguel Cotto HIS props....

Cotto has only TWO losses. One to a proven cheater that was avenged and one to Pacquaio (a PED user? I wont go there!) when he had no trainer! Was still clearly in the recovery process from the Tony loss and had to cut extra weight in another of these stupid draining catchweight fights.

Going into the Mayweather fight Cotto has his Mojo back, after exorcising the ghosts of the Margarito defeat in his last fight, winning by TKO, and getting back to winning ways. Since the Pacquaio loss he has had 3 fights all for titles and all wins, none going the distance. He believes he is Back and he is at full confidence again. Im also very impressed with his new trainer Diaz from what admittedly little ive seen. This Mayweather fight is being fought at 154lbs, advantage Cotto - he is the naturally bigger man and wont have to deplete himself cutting weight. Migs will be the physically stronger man in the ring come May 5th and that could count, Mayweather can bring pressure but even if he does its not done with volume punching which seems to be Cotto's biggest achilles heel. Floyd also one would imagine must have his mind on his impending jail sentence, it cant be ideal training for a world title fight with that hanging over your head...

Stylistically Floyd is a handful for anyone Cotto included but Miguel brings some problems of his own to the table for Mayweather. A strong jab, shot out accurately and with excellent timing. A Vicious Hook to the body. Physical Strength. An ability to cut the ring off expertly should Money get on his bike and finally imo the right blend of patience and fire.

Fighting Mayweather is the ultimate, its Cotto's shot at eternal glory, he will come prepared and will come to win. This imo is a two horse race
      To be fair though Cotto's last 3 wins.

Margarito - Past it.
      Foreman - Injured.
      Mayorga - Was losing against any top class opponent.

I'll give you 5 to 1 odds on the fight. 100mil?

Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
        To be fair though Cotto's last 3 wins.

Margarito - Past it.
        Foreman - Injured.
        Mayorga - Was losing against any top class opponent.

I'll give you 5 to 1 odds on the fight. 100mil?
        Done deal my man

Margarito - was past it but all the problems he presented to Cotto he did second time also, style wise he was a nightmare.

Foreman - Getting pummelled from the start.

Mayorga - ............

On the other hand u can play it that way with Floyd too

Ortiz - Soft in the head
        Mosley - Ancient
        Marquez - Out of his weight class

Just playing devil's advocate there, i do realise Cotto hasnt exactly faced a murder's row lately but in his defence he faced a legit champ in Foreman who Pac wanted none of. Mayorga was a ticket seller and good prep for Margarito. Margarito was all about revenge and it had alot of people thinking Cotto would lose. He was also coming back of a stoppage loss to Pacman

I give Floyd alot of credit for his Ortiz win, Mosley i thought had a shot but Marquez i cant.

Comment

Done deal my man

Margarito - was past it but all the problems he presented to Cotto he did second time also, style wise he was a nightmare.

Mayorga - ............

Ortiz - Soft in the head
          Mosley - Ancient

Just playing devil's advocate there, i do realise Cotto hasnt exactly faced a murder's row lately but in his defence he faced a legit champ in Foreman who Pac wanted none of. Mayorga was a ticket seller and good prep for Margarito. Margarito was all about revenge and it had alot of people thinking Cotto would lose. He was also coming back of a stoppage loss to Pacman

I give Floyd alot of credit for his Ortiz win, Mosley i thought had a shot but Marquez i cant.
          Ok, to top it all off if Cotto KO's him I'll give you 1000 million.

Just to confirm you're 100mil to my 500mil. + Bonus stated above.

Comment

Done deal my man

Mayorga - ............

Ortiz - Soft in the head
            Mosley - Ancient

I realise you're playing Devil's Advocate but comparing Margarito, Mayorga and Foreman to Mosley, Ortiz and Marquez is just simply wrong.

Cotto's in for a beating come May 5th.

Comment

• Mayweather will win a wide UD imo,it wouldnt shock me if he stopped Cotto though,who is overrated on these boards

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                Mayweather will win a wide UD imo,it wouldnt shock me if he stopped Cotto though,who is overrated on these boards
                Cotto is one of my favorite fighters but I expect Floyd to put an exclamation point on this fight and stop him late.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                  Cotto is one of my favorite fighters but I expect Floyd to put an exclamation point on this fight and stop him late.
                  Jab, how do you think the fight would have turned out at 140 or 147 after the Floyd-Hatton fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                    Jab, how do you think the fight would have turned out at 140 or 147 after the Floyd-Hatton fight?
                    I think Floyd would have always beaten him. I remember saying that in the AOL days. But I think back then Cotto had an unwavering confidence that would have served him better. I think at 140 Floyd would have beat him worse than 147.

Comment

• What a fight that was between Cunningham and Hernandez. Great stuff! Disappointed by how wide the judges scorecards were. I thought it would have been a 2 point difference or something. no way 6 points.

Comment

Working...
                      X