Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greatest1942 View Post
    False

You stated

Personal" choice as No1 but in reality Langford does not and never has made the Top 10,it is universally accepted over the last 60yrs that the term P4P was coined for Ray Robinson as he was the greatest fighter of all time and voted such by Boxing Historians at the IBHOF & BWoA"

Read the above in bold.Now you are retracing your words.You are not going to win this one by editing your posts or saying you didn't say what you did.
    i have repeatedly shown you list after list yet you keep going on and on by missconstuing my reply to suit your ****** little agenda... SHOW ME ONE LIST THAT HAS LANGFORD RATED AHEAD OF ROBINSON
    Last edited by JAB5239; 10-21-2010, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
      Here is what Blackburn thought of his fights with Langford

http://news.google.co.uk/newspapers?...langford&hl=en
      good read, thanks.

Comment

You want me to accept your sun's list as a historians list...When does a newspaper became a historian?

And about me posting a list where Sam is ahead of Robinson in p4p settings, no I don't know of any historians who have done so.

I never said also I did have such a list. What I said was that lots of historians rank him in their top 10. I have him in my top 10 due to my own reasons. YOU STATED THAT HE IS NEVER IN ANY TOP 10 LISTS...OKay...I gave you three sources where he is fine? You gave a false information and I rectified it fine...see your quotes above.
        i have put up lists for you ,i have put up archive news clippings about what Jack Blackburn said of his meetings with Langford, i have put up a video of Historians telling who they feel was P4P the greatest but you cannot accept it, you have tried to twist and turn my words to suit your agenda of trying to claim i have lied, which is simply not true and the reality of it all is that YOU YOURSELF know it is not true, so either put-up or shut-up.. show me a ****in list which rates Sam Langford ahead of Ray Robinson or show me 10 lists which have Langford in them because most i have ever seen do not rate him in them as a P4P great.

Comment

i have put up lists for you ,i have put up archive news clippings about what Jack Blackburn said of his meetings with Langford, i have put up a video of Historians telling who they feel was P4P the greatest but you cannot accept it, you have tried to twist and turn my words to suit your agenda of trying to claim i have lied, which is simply not true and the reality of it all is that YOU YOURSELF know it is not true, so either put-up or shut-up.. show me a ****in list which rates Sam Langford ahead of Ray Robinson or show me 10 lists which have Langford in them because most i have ever seen do not rate him in them as a P4P great.
          You said that sam is not top 10 P4P but backing off and you are now backing off and telling a lie now. Insults won't cover that off.

I can accept Sugar Ray as #1, I repeadtedly said if anyone has him there its fine with me, personally I disgress. May be your brain doesn't register the fact?

No need to get upset. Few know about Sam , but unlike you they don't post garbage.

Never mind Sonny, just for everyone who is reading your tirade, find me the quote where I said most historians rank Sam ahead of Sugar. I have repeatedly said that I accept Robbie as #1...If you or anyone ranks him so I am fine with it...Poet here says he has Robbie at #1 so what? He is entitled to it..My personal choice is otherwise. I have repeadtedlt told you that Sam is top 10 P4P which you said he wasn't.

What does that Jack Blackburn interview say, he fought on equal terms with Sam? I have no doubt he could..He fought Greb too and greb didn't blow him away too. Jack Blackburn also stated that Sam was the best of all the old timers...

Sugar Ray had trouble with lots of fighters too.So what..go ahead and have him at #1 I have no problems...just don't post **** about a fighter you know nothing off.

Comment

You said that sam is not top 10 P4P but backing off and you are now backing off and telling a lie now. Insults won't cover that off.

I can accept Sugar Ray as #1, I repeadtedly said if anyone has him there its fine with me, personally I disgress. May be your brain doesn't register the fact?

No need to get upset. Few know about Sam , but unlike you they don't post garbage.

Never mind Sonny, just for everyone who is reading your tirade, find me the quote where I said most historians rank Sam ahead of Sugar. I have repeatedly said that I accept Robbie as #1...If you or anyone ranks him so I am fine with it...Poet here says he has Robbie at #1 so what? He is entitled to it..My personal choice is otherwise. I have repeadtedlt told you that Sam is top 10 P4P which you said he wasn't.

What does that Jack Blackburn interview say, he fought on equal terms with Sam? I have no doubt he could..He fought Greb too and greb didn't blow him away too. Jack Blackburn also stated that Sam was the best of all the old timers...

Sugar Ray had trouble with lots of fighters too.So what..go ahead and have him at #1 I have no problems...just don't post **** about a fighter you know nothing off.
            Few know about Sam... laughable

you never said its ok if others rate SRR as No1

where is the garbage ive posted.. "The video?

will now put you on my ignore list because you know nothing whatsoever about boxing and you have repeatedly tried to contort and twist this thread around to suit your own agenda, but to claim no one knows who Sam Langford is s the biggest ****ing howler ive ever read on this or anyother boxing forum..
            Last edited by JAB5239; 10-21-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Would you have Langford in your top 10 Sonny?
              I've always said that if there was a better fighter than SRR then I never saw him and i've seen a fair few in my time.
              Without turning into one of the new "if he's in black and white he can't fight" Langford like Greb does suffer a bit by not having a lot of film of him. I would have SRR as number 1 but Langford and Greb are def in top ten

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                Would you have Langford in your top 10 Sonny?
                I've always said that if there was a better fighter than SRR then I never saw him and i've seen a fair few in my time.
                Without turning into one of the new "if he's in black and white he can't fight" Langford like Greb does suffer a bit by not having a lot of film of him. I would have SRR as number 1 but Langford and Greb are def in top ten
                GJC i have no doubt whatsoever that Sam Langford was an unbelievable fighter and a true ATG would i have him in my P4P top 10 list.. No i think my list would consist of fighters post 1940 that there is film footage of and taken alongside their achievements i would make my list, The same goes for Harry Greb.. This Topic is about Ray Robinson being P4P No1 fighter of all times an opinion which is universally held, when the criteria for that position was drawn-up by Boxing Historian's from the IBHOF & BWoA Ray Robinson received 27 of the 30 votes, which tells you `it wasn't even close`.

Comment

GJC i have no doubt whatsoever that Sam Langford was an unbelievable fighter and a true ATG would i have him in my P4P top 10 list.. No i think my list would consist of fighters post 1940 that there is film footage of and taken alongside their achievements i would make my list, The same goes for Harry Greb.. This Topic is about Ray Robinson being P4P No1 fighter of all times an opinion which is universally held, when the criteria for that position was drawn-up by Boxing Historian's from the IBHOF & BWoA Ray Robinson received 27 of the 30 votes, which tells you `it wasn't even close`.
                  I have no argument with Robinson being number one it is ceratinly my view and pretty much the majority I have seen. I have seen some very good arguments by knowledgable people for say Greb being rated over him but like I say my view is SRR.
                  My feeling has always been he is nailed on number one pfp now lets look at the others.
                  Bit like Ali in the HW's.

Seems you and Greatest1942 pretty much agree but are arguing lol

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                    I have no argument with Robinson being number one it is ceratinly my view and pretty much the majority I have seen. I have seen some very good arguments by knowledgable people for say Greb being rated over him but like I say my view is SRR.
                    My feeling has always been he is nailed on number one pfp now lets look at the others.
                    Bit like Ali in the HW's.

Seems you and Greatest1942 pretty much agree but are arguing lol
                    The guy kept burning my head out with ****** posts which he had twisted & contorted, then was asking me to put up Boxing Historian's lists that did not have Langford in them... The Topic is about Ray Robinson being P4P the No1 fighter which the video shows yet that clown kept going on and on and on with nothing to argue or go on about, i had already said to him that he was entitled to his opinion in that he rated Langford as No1 yet 27 of 30 historians from the IBHOF & BWoA had voted Robinson as No1 but he was not having it at any cost but wanted me to do the homework of trying to prove those guys wrong

Comment

Had there been more footage of Langford or any of Greb we might be having a different conversation though.

Comment

Working...
                      X