Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Be Real, Floyd Mayweather Would've Beaten Sugar Ray Robinson If They Fought

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
    What about the "Fight of the Bumble Bee" sparring session of Greb? Its laughable.
    Have you seen Loughran, Gibbons, Tunney, Flowers and Notfolk fight? Greb beat those fighters. Is that laughable?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Have you seen Loughran, Gibbons, Tunney, Flowers and Notfolk fight? Greb beat those fighters. Is that laughable?
      Im just saying, If you posted a clip of Cotto sparring like that it would be a big joke even in the prestigious history section. Am I right? No one in 2011 would train like that and we all know it.

Comment

Im just saying, If you posted a clip of Cotto sparring like that it would be a big joke even in the prestigious history section. Am I right? No one in 2011 would train like that and we all know it.
        We also know that NO ONE in 2011 would dare fight as often as Greb and against the same type of comp. Am I right?

Comment

• training videos can be misleading. example...

just looks hilarious. but Calzaghe is still one of the better fighters of the last 10 years. or we could look at Mayweather losing in sparring against Spadafora.

point is, even those full training videos are incredibly misleading. tie in the fact that Greb was goign easy against an old man, that youre only seeing 40 seconds of video, that the video quality is bad, and that most of the actual sparring clip was actually just them kind of grappling and Greb wasnt throwing even close to his hardest punches...well, get my point?

you can even see Greb laughing in that 40 second clip.

that being said, I NEVER predict any hypothetical match involving Greb. I simply cannot pretend that I know he would win a match(unless he was faced against some obviously worse competition) without seeing him actualy fight.

Comment

Only problem is he's playing around, not training.

Comment

What about the "Fight of the Bumble Bee" sparring session of Greb? Its laughable.
              Its a sparring session between friends how can you judge Greb on that? anyway Greb didnt fight like that according to boxing historians and experts he had an overwhelming swarming style similar to henry armstrong and unending stamina, one fighter described fighting Greb as if fighting an octopus

Comment

• Originally posted by Steak View Post
                training videos can be misleading. example...

just looks hilarious. but Calzaghe is still one of the better fighters of the last 10 years. or we could look at Mayweather losing in sparring against Spadafora.

point is, even those full training videos are incredibly misleading. tie in the fact that Greb was goign easy against an old man, that youre only seeing 40 seconds of video, that the video quality is bad, and that most of the actual sparring clip was actually just them kind of grappling and Greb wasnt throwing even close to his hardest punches...well, get my point?

you can even see Greb laughing in that 40 second clip.

that being said, I NEVER predict any hypothetical match involving Greb. I simply cannot pretend that I know he would win a match(unless he was faced against some obviously worse competition) without seeing him actualy fight.
                I have pretty much said exactly this before.

Comment

• Nobody ever told me it was a joke before. Now I get it. Jab you're right, nobody has that many rematches anymore. Try doing what Calzaghe did and you can see where it could help endurance. It would make your arms like jello right after so its no where near as ridiculous.

Comment

i found the sparring session to be an impressive display of parrying blocking slipping tieing up defense on the inside and picking shots, theres also some pretty decent footwork on display as well.

have you even watched the sparring video or do you just deem anything thats in black and white waste of time?

or do you just know nothing of the sport of boxing, in which case why do you even waste your time watching it?

this is greb against philly jack o'brien...im sure cotto would look much worse against 44-47 yo SRL reguardless of the style cotto fights with.....cotto would be younger so im sure he could outlast SRL but for a 45 second - 1 min clip SRL is going to clown on him hard.

for a self proclaimed student of the game you really dont know that much about it.
                    Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 05-26-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• No. Lets be really honest.

It would be a 50/50 fight. It could literally go either way. SRR was a big WW but Floyd's intelligence is quite possibly bar none in the ring. So it would be a very tough fight to call.

SRR
                      SRL
                      FMJ

All three guys could beat anyone from any generation p4p and if not it would be a razor thin controversial loss.

Comment

Working...
                      X