Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most famous boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EASILY Mike Tyson or Muhammad Ali. Tie for #1 in my opinion because I think if you ask anybody in the world they'll know MIke Tyson for being this mean nasty devastating Heavyweight puncher and/or for his craziness outside the ring. And when you mention boxing Muhammad Ali is probably the most obvious and common name to come out of ANYBODIES mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
      Who is the most famous of all time? There are a few boxers that everybody seems to know, and it seems like I hear Tyson's name everyday. Whether it be an old episode of fresh prince, a song, reference to him in a movie, or whatever.

Obviously he's my pick, what do you guys think, out of the 5 listed? If other, select that and explain.
      Muhammad Ali is the most famous athlete in the history of the world. If you go to a village in Africa, they will know Ali and Michael jackson. Everyone else on your list would not even be recognized. Whoever voted Tyson has got to be kidding me. Maybe the most famous rapist of all time.

Comment

There is no other choice but Ali. Everyone else is a distant second.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SILVA View Post
          Muhammad Ali is the most famous athlete in the history of the world. If you go to a village in Africa, they will know Ali and Michael jackson. Everyone else on your list would not even be recognized. Whoever voted Tyson has got to be kidding me. Maybe the most famous rapist of all time.
          tyson fan here, but this line was too funny.

i have to say a rapist would go more than just 3 years in the jail, they didnt had a 100% proof that he did it.

but omg... im still laughing

Comment

I'd say Tyson over Ali because everybody knows who Ali is, but they don't know anything else. People know Tyson was an agressive fighter, they know he bit Evander Holyfield (even if they don't know who Evander Holyfield is), and everybody knows what he looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones In Exile View Post
              lol.....this is not even debatable.......Muhammad Ali is not only the most famous boxer but probably in the Top 3 most famous Athletes Ever.........also, Dempsey was huge in his day
              Ali probably is the most famous athlete ever.

Babe Ruth and Michael Jordan also come to mind.

Comment

the better thread question would have been top 10 p4p most famous boxers of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
                  Ever? Ali, easily.
                  Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  Muhammad Ali, by miles. That guy was and probably is the most famous guy in the world, definetely was in his boxing heyday.
                  Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
                  Ali easily, with Tyson, De La Hoya, Manny, and Louis coming in that order.
                  Originally posted by *RAZOR RUIZ* View Post
                  iron mike. ali CLOSE second.
                  Muhammad Ali easy

Comment

Originally posted by AmericanYeti View Post
                    I know people who don't know Muhammad Ali. Far and in between, yes, but they're out there. Everyone knows Tyson, even if it's as "that guy who bit that other guy's ear off." I think it's gotta be Iron Mike with Ali as a close second.
                    If Muhammad Ali was able to talk he would easily be more famous than Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingbuff View Post
                      If Muhammad Ali was able to talk he would easily be more famous than Tyson.
                      I have to agree with this.

I was just thinking about it the other day.

He's in numerous songs, in reference in movies and tv sitcoms, etc.

I would say it's Tyson but wouldn't argue that it's a tie with Ali. They're both incredibly famous.

Comment

Working...
                      X