No announcement yet.

Most famous boxer ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most famous boxer ever?

Who is the most famous of all time? There are a few boxers that everybody seems to know, and it seems like I hear Tyson's name everyday. Whether it be an old episode of fresh prince, a song, reference to him in a movie, or whatever.

Obviously he's my pick, what do you guys think, out of the 5 listed? If other, select that and explain.
    Mike Tyson
    18.27%
    Muhammad Ali
    75.96%
    Joe Louis
    0.96%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    3.85%
    Manny Pacquiao
    0.96%

Ever? Ali, easily.

Comment

I know people who don't know Muhammad Ali. Few and far between, yes, but they're out there. Everyone knows Tyson, even if it's as "that guy who bit that other guy's ear off." I think it's gotta be Iron Mike with Ali as a very close second.
      Last edited by BigStereotype; 03-29-2010, 09:40 AM.

Comment

ali wins.
        if he had not changed his name, i think tyson would win easily.

Comment

Muhammad Ali, by miles. That guy was and probably is the most famous guy in the world, definetely was in his boxing heyday.

Comment

Muhammad Ali, The Greatest.

In 2nd is "Iron" Mike Tyson.

Comment

Ali easily, with Tyson, De La Hoya, Manny, and Louis coming in that order.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Who is the most famous of all time? There are a few boxers that everybody seems to know, and it seems like I hear Tyson's name everyday. Whether it be an old episode of fresh prince, a song, reference to him in a movie, or whatever.

Obviously he's my pick, what do you guys think, out of the 5 listed? If other, select that and explain.
                Wasn't Riddick Bowe on Fresh Prince. Was Mike on there too?

Comment

lol.....this is not even debatable.......Muhammad Ali is not only the most famous boxer but probably in the Top 3 most famous Athletes Ever.........also, Dempsey was huge in his day

Comment

iron mike. ali CLOSE second.

Comment

Working...
                    X