No announcement yet.

The fights on tommorow Rocky Marciano vs Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fights on tommorow Rocky Marciano vs Mike Tyson

So with that being said, try to imagine this to be true. You all bet 1000 bucks on it. Who are you picking. Odds will be 50/50 for simplicity

my personal prediction is Rocky weathers the fast barrage that comes at him early, get’s stung pretty good but comes back hard and strong from the mid rounds onwards, stopping mike anytime from round 9 onwards. Similar to the Holyfield match only the punches hurt more.

the basis of this is because Marciano has shown his ability to come back very strong after getting hit, he has shown his ability to survive. And shown his ability to punch hard and frequently in the later rounds. These are all things that troubled Mike the most.

what troubles Rock is slickness and counter punching. Neither of these Mike has or will do. The issue of closing the distance for Marciano won’t be evident in this fight as Mike won’t be hard to find.
    Rocky Marciano
    20.00%
    Mike Tyson
    80.00%
    Last edited by them_apples; 05-22-2024, 11:28 AM.

Tyson would probably overwhelm Rocky. Rocky was a greater fighter but I’d pick Tyson h2h

Comment

Tyson would be too big, fast, strong. His head movement, combinations, vicious uppercuts and aggression would be too much for Marciano. I see a stoppage in mid-rounds. That's not to say it's an easy fight for Tyson, he takes some hooks and right hands himself but I think Rocky takes too much punishment and the ref waves it off with Rocky losing on his feet by the 8th round.
      Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        Tyson would be too big, fast, strong. His head movement, combinations, vicious uppercuts and aggression would be too much for Marciano. I see a stoppage in mid-rounds. That's not to say it's an easy fight for Tyson, he takes some hooks and right hands himself but I think Rocky takes too much punishment and the ref waves it off with Rocky losing on his feet by the 8th round.
        If Marciano is still there after eight rounds, watch-out. Tyson becomes 50% of what he was after seven rounds. Marciano likes to go into the deep end of the pool and see who showed up 'more ready.'

But to beat Tyson (or at least last the distance with him) you had to make him miss in the early rounds or you didn't surrive. Not exactly Maricano's forte.

It's a 'no bet' fight.

I'd be afraid Marciano would be overpowered early; I would be afraid Tyson would screw me over by not showing up mentally and look like crap.
        Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 05-22-2024, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

If Marciano is still there after eight rounds, watch-out. Tyson becomes 50% of what he was after seven rounds. Marciano likes to go into the deep end of the pool and see who showed up 'more ready.'

But to beat Tyson (or last the distance with him) you had to make him miss in the early rounds or you didn't surrive. Not exactly Maricano's forte.
          It's a bad style match-up for Rocky who would be going toe-to-toe and giving up 35 pounds against a natural HW who has been hit by bigger punchers.

Comment

Mike weighed no more that Louis did the night he fought Rock. Rocky will have no issues w mikes size and will be the stronger fighter imo

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              Mike weighed no more that Louis did the night he fought Rock. Rocky will have no issues w mikes size and will be the stronger fighter imo
              A tiny, little Marciano will be giving away 30+ pounds of muscle - but will be the stronger man!

Will we ever see an end to these absurdities?

Comment

Not to resurrect a dead horse here, but why so many comments about size & weight? I thought the consensus around here, especially after Fury v Usyk, was that size was not a factor in the outcome of a fight- or that being bigger was actually a detriment.

--Tongue firmly planted in cheek--
                them_apples them_apples likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
                  Not to resurrect a dead horse here, but why so many comments about size & weight? I thought the consensus around here, especially after Fury v Usyk, was that size was not a factor in the outcome of a fight- or that being bigger was actually a detriment.

--Tongue firmly planted in cheek--
                  No doubt, look at my last comment - I said Louis weighed more than a prime Mike the night Rock fought him, and he outmuscled him with ease. Not saying this is the best version if Louis by any stretch, but if we are specifically talking about Marciano being too small people don’t really seem to look at things objectively. Marciano was freakishly strong

Comment

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

A tiny, little Marciano will be giving away 30+ pounds of muscle - but will be the stronger man!

Will we ever see an end to these absurdities?
                    one trained for Marathons one trained to keep weight on.

Tyson Fury was 260 and Usyk was 223 (and blown up). This is the modern era. When will you understand that in boxing, weight is just one small factor among many.

Comment

Working...
                    X