No announcement yet.

I never knew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never knew

I never knew Jack Johnson and Stanley Ketchel were friends before and after their fight. The two even went gambling together after their fight. I had know their fight was in essence a staged fight until Ketchel dropped Jack, but I also recently read that Ketchel was supposed to originally fake being ko'd but wasn't sure he could pull it off so asked Johnson just to knock him out.

https://boxingnewsonline.net/the-sto...ined%20friends.

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    I never knew Jack Johnson and Stanley Ketchel were friends before and after their fight. The two even went gambling together after their fight. I had know their fight was in essence a staged fight until Ketchel dropped Jack, but I also recently read that Ketchel was supposed to originally fake being ko'd but wasn't sure he could pull it off so asked Johnson just to knock him out.

Yeah makes sense he took a shot at taking Johnson out then if they were buddies

its too bad ketchels footage is so bad, would love to see his real style

also bold font gives me no artifacts
    Last edited by them_apples; 03-23-2024, 12:16 AM.
    JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Ketchel was trying to win from the get go,Johnson was content to outpoint him and carry him along.I think Johnson's kd was faked, watch it in slow motion Jack seems to be falling before the punch lands.

Comment

- - The whole reason why U ain't ever belonged to AOL as their friendship was talked about quite frequently.

Yup, it's DUH all over yet again for U...

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Ketchel was trying to win from the get go,Johnson was content to outpoint him and carry him along.I think Johnson's kd was faked, watch it in slow motion Jack seems to be falling before the punch lands.
          - - Tried to ride the punch unsuccessfully, indeed, Mo' Duh Moments yet again abounding in abunDunce on this forum...

Comment

Fight always looks like ketchell was trying and jack was carrying. He helps him stay on his feet at one stage. Also ketchell looks pretty badly beaten up for most of it.

Comment

What other fights were faked with Johnson being the winner??? If he willing to fix one, surely there must be others. That is if you believe it.

Comment

Probably a few. Everyone did it occasionaly, especially if not being filmed.

One night Charles Burley and Holman Williams got bounced from the ring by the referee for dogging it. People were booing and throwing shlt at the ring.

Both were of course top tier fighters who usually brought it, but from time to time you got to make a deal. You were in Chicago last week and you're going to be in Philadelphia next week, so maybe this week in Cincinnati you got to rest a bit. It's a tough game, especially when barn-storming for meal money.

If your go around saying your guy is pure than you really have not study this game's history? You're a fan boy. (This remark is not aimed at anyone in particular.)
                Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 03-25-2024, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - The whole reason why U ain't ever belonged to AOL as their friendship was talked about quite frequently.

Yup, it's DUH all over yet again for U...
                  Lmao.....you're a moron. You sure do like to talk about AOL a lot. Where they your glory days? I hope not. Because I do remember you weren't any more liked nor respected there than you are on boxingscene. Have another drink, you bloated drunk..

Comment

Lmao.....you're a moron. You sure do like to talk about AOL a lot. Where they your glory days? I hope not. Because I do remember you weren't any more liked nor respected there than you are on boxingscene. Have another drink, you bloated drunk..
                    - - U was a busted flush from when U was first hatched. If you ever watched boxing, it's like you have a 0.011% retention of events.

Comment

Working...
                    X