Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Was The Most Historic Comeback Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Was The Most Historic Comeback Ever?

Fury's comeback from 28 stone alcoholic and to beat wilder who had never lost and had the hardest punch in the world.
    SRL beating Hagler.
    I like asking these questions because members here post stuff I never knew about and I can then watch them and see something new.
    My knowledge of the lighter weight classes is poor. Can you tell us the best comeback of a boxer. Where they looked like they had no chance but won. I like everyone love a good comeback.
    asaa1.jpg
    fifth_root fifth_root likes this.

George Foreman

Comment

Foreman, Ali, Leonard and Tyson are quite obvious choices.

A comeback which is not mentioned often is Eder Jofre's. Retired in 1966, he returned to action in 1969 and won a world title at 37, in 1973. He continued fighting and winning until 1976, basically never losing in the final segment of his career. Quite astonishing.
      Last edited by Tatabanya; 03-18-2024, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Vinny Pazienza. Was told he would never fight again after breaking his neck in a car accident. Came back to not only fight but become a rated contender again winning several minor world titles.

Comment

Muhammad Ali was in 'exile' for 3½ years returning to face the no. 2 ranked HW in Jerry Quarry. Ali made his comeback at 28 years old.

Vitali Klitschko was out because of injuries for 4 years before returning to face the no. 2 ranked HW in Sam Peter. Vitali made his comeback at 37.
          Last edited by BattlingNelson; 03-18-2024, 06:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the ranking of Sam Peter

Comment

David Diamante. Paralysed by a motorbike accident. Broken back...broken arm and other injuries...3 months later back on deck announcing fights like nothing happened.
            nathan sturley max baer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
              David Diamante. Paralysed by a motorbike accident. Broken back...broken arm and other injuries...3 months later back on deck announcing fights like nothing happened.
              i never heard this man i will read about him. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Vinny Pazienza. Was told he would never fight again after breaking his neck in a car accident. Came back to not only fight but become a rated contender again winning several minor world titles.
                another i did not know
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinny_Paz

hey what a life he's had! thanks for sharing jab.
                JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by max baer View Post
                  Fury's comeback from 28 stone alcoholic and to beat wilder who had never lost and had the hardest punch in the world.
                  SRL beating Hagler.
                  I like asking these questions because members here post stuff I never knew about and I can then watch them and see something new.
                  My knowledge of the lighter weight classes is poor. Can you tell us the best comeback of a boxer. Where they looked like they had no chance but won. I like everyone love a good comeback.
                  asaa1.jpg
                  Archie Moore vs. Yvon Durelle (1st meeting)

Moore-Durelle 1.jpg Archie Moore 174 lbs beat Yvon Durelle 172 lbs by KO at 0:49 in round 11 of 15
                  Moore was knocked down four times, three times in the first round; while Durelle was floored four times himself before being counted out by Referee Sharkey. This bout was voted by members of the Canadian Press as the "Sporting Event of the Year." According to the United Press International report of the bout, one of Moore's visits to the canvas in the first round was officially ruled a slip: "Moore was on the canvas three times in the first round for two official knockdowns and one trip that Sharkey ruled a slip."
                  nathan sturley max baer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
                    - - FatBob Sheridan as a new widower with his new Corvette successfully fought a gang takeover...yeah!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X