Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The fact that Ali was complaining about how hard Rocky was hitting…

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bundana View Post

Of course he would - you know that, I know that, and everybody of sound mind knows that. Only someone completely delusional would think otherwise!
    1000 percent would not be competitive with any era of champions. Ive watched him fight enough and no he does not have the tools to make it out alive vs Foster. Ezzard Charles would make him look like a school boy

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

1000 percent would not be competitive with any era of champions. Ive watched him fight enough and no he does not have the tools to make it out alive vs Foster. Ezzard Charles would make him look like a school boy
      I don't know, what "any era of champions" means?

Are you saying, that the further back in time we go (where boxers, in your opinion, get better and better), the more difficult it would be to find a light heavyweight champ, against whom Beter would be competetive?

How about if we time-machine him back to the 1920s - you know that golden period with lots of great fighters? Would he simply be out of his depth, and get schooled by every champion of that decade - or might he be able to be competitive with some of them? How do you think he would do against someone like (for example) Carpentier? Would he be without chance against the great Frenchman - or would he be able to give him a stern test?

Comment

I don't know, what "any era of champions" means?

Are you saying, that the further back in time we go (where boxers, in your opinion, get better and better), the more difficult it would be to find a light heavyweight champ, against whom Beter would be competetive?

How about if we time-machine him back to the 1920s - you know that golden period with lots of great fighters? Would he simply be out of his depth, and get schooled by every champion of that decade - or might he be able to be competitive with some of them? How do you think he would do against someone like (for example) Carpentier? Would he be without chance against the great Frenchman - or would he be able to give him a stern test?

Yeah, I say champions to make sure we are talking about the best vs the best. The best of the 30s murder beterbieve

Greb would beat the dog**** out if Beter, completely one sided fight

Comment

Yeah, I say champions to make sure we are talking about the best vs the best. The best of the 30s murder beterbieve

Greb would beat the dog**** out if Beter, completely one sided fight
          So Carpentier murders Beterbiev, in your opinion?

Comment

So Carpentier murders Beterbiev, in your opinion?
            He’s not the best of that era, the best guys killed carpentier and by most accounts he was protected.

that being said, that fight I would still pick Carpentier. But probably a closer fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
              Foster fought about 45 men above 174lbs,he lost to 8 of them.
              Ali
              Frazier
              Terrell
              Folley
              Jones
              Mina
              And to Wassaja and Hazelton when he was 35 and 36 years old.
              I'd pick Ali,Frazier Terrell and Folley to beat Beterbiev ,Jones and Mina would be close.

I don't see Hunter's name in the RING end of year ratings,which win would have made him a top ten heavyweight?
              - - Hunter is sitting on his fame as an undersized former Ring/Boxred Contender where he is now not ranked. Prob promoter prob.

Nobody but you is proposing Ali/Frazier/Terrell/ect, but 100% Rocky knocks you out...BooM)))

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Hunter is sitting on his fame as an undersized former Ring/Boxred Contender where he is now not ranked. Prob promoter prob.

Nobody but you is proposing Ali/Frazier/Terrell/ect, but 100% Rocky knocks you out...BooM)))
                "Beter went to the quarterfinals of 2012 London Olympics as a 91KG/200 LBer, beating Michael Hunter Jr, a ranked pro Heavyweight just a couple of years."

Hunter was never a top ten Ring ranked heavyweight.So your statement, as usual is wrong.

"Whereas Foster almost always lost above 174."
                Foster lost to 8 out of 45 men above 174lbs.
                So,again you are wrong.

Don't you ever get tired of posting such unsubstantianted ,infantile sewage?

I suppose it's enough to just see your name on the forum?
                Little things please little minds.
                Last edited by Ivich; 03-21-2024, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
                  "Beter went to the quarterfinals of 2012 London Olympics as a 91KG/200 LBer, beating Michael Hunter Jr, a ranked pro Heavyweight just a couple of years."

Hunter was never a top ten Ring ranked heavyweight.So your statement, as usual is wrong.

"Whereas Foster almost always lost above 174."
                  Foster lost to 8 out of 45 men above 174lbs.
                  So,again you are wrong.

Don't you ever get tired of posting such unsubstantianted ,infantile sewage?

I suppose it's enough to just see your name on the forum?
                  Little things please little minds.
                  The weight means nothing. Foster is much bigger and stronger than beter. If Beter is 200 lbs he’s not even a big light heavy let alone bigger than foster. I can think of too many light heavies that would trash him.

you are crazy if you still don’t understand the concept of frame and genetics vs just weighing more. Weight can be made up of many things. Marciano and Beter are not the same size. One weighed almost 14 lbs as a baby. And that was Marciano. Strong and thick as a bull. When you look at pictures of Rocky, understand he trained so hard he’s actually skinny. Thats all frame. He doesnt have big artificial muscles, he’s just that thick. Extremely strong both physically and mentally.

Marciano in retirement was 255 lbs, he still didn’t look fat.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 03-22-2024, 01:16 AM.

Comment

The weight means nothing. Foster is much bigger and stronger than beter. If Beter is 200 lbs heâÂÂs not even a big light heavy let alone bigger than foster. I can think of too many light heavies that would trash him.

you are crazy if you still donâÂÂt understand the concept of frame and genetics vs just weighing more. Weight can be made up of many things. Marciano and Beter are not the same size. One weighed almost 14 lbs as a baby. And that was Marciano. Strong and thick as a bull. When you look at pictures of Rocky, understand he trained so hard heâÂÂs actually skinny. Thats all frame. He doesnt have big artificial muscles, heâÂÂs just that thick. Extremely strong both physically and mentally.

Marciano in retirement was 255 lbs, he still didnâÂÂt look fat.
                    Foster is certainly much taller than Beter - but I doubt, that he was stronger! Foster is one of the skinniest light heavyweight champions, whereas Beter looks like he's carved out of granite - actually a bit like Marciano!

Yes, I'm sure you can think of loads and loads of light heavyweights who would trash Beter - I mean, since he's a present-day fighter, that is of course a given in your book.

And how about showing us that photo of a retired Marciano at 255lbs, where he doesn't look fat?

Comment

Foster is certainly much taller than Beter - but I doubt, that he was stronger! Foster is one of the skinniest light heavyweight champions, whereas Beter looks like he's carved out of granite - actually a bit like Marciano!

Yes, I'm sure you can think of loads and loads of light heavyweights who would trash Beter - I mean, since he's a present-day fighter, that is of course a given in your book.

And how about showing us that photo of a retired Marciano at 255lbs, where he doesn't look fat?

You doubt that he was stronger? Look at the knock outs he registered and look and who he fought. What are you even basing this off of?

what has Beter done and who has he fought? He has no head-movement Foster would sleep him cold. Snoring

and a 255 lb Marciano looks like a 275 lb Foreman. Just Husky. Not actually fat though. Marciano never actually got Fat fat
                      Last edited by them_apples; 03-22-2024, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X