No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs George Foreman FULL FIGHT WRITE UP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post

You are a moron, a liar, and have a terrible memory!

Bryd was not ring magazine ranked?

Williams was not a ring magazine raked?

Arreola was not a ring magazine ranked?

WRONG on all there counts!

Here is your boy, Cliff Maybe if you read him you'll listen. ​​​​​​​

https://www.boxingscene.com/measured...-148729​
    Pretty sure Byrd wasn't ring ranked until after he beat Vits. Williams was ranked for beating the shell that use to be Mike Tyson. It was the one and only time he cracked the top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by max baer View Post

i don't know if you concur with me but lewis looked half asleep in some fights like the second mccall fight. oliver was not trying and lewis just had no killer instinct. i heard he liked to sleep just before fighting. yet in other fights like gallota he came out like a madman and destroyed him.
      i like vitali but i must say that lewis was coming back heavily before the cut. he also said he worked on the cut as a tactic. i agree vitali started much better but lewis was turning it around before vitali was stopped.
      I agree lewis looked awful in that fight but it looked like it was heating up. I think Vitali would have made it to the finish but he may have caught some heavy leather on the way there.

Lewis legs aren’t geared for swiftness. He walks duck footed. Ali on the other hand has the best legs in the game.
      nathan sturley max baer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Pretty sure Byrd wasn't ring ranked until after he beat Vits. Williams was ranked for beating the shell that use to be Mike Tyson. It was the one and only time he cracked the top 10.
        Byrd was not ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Byrd was not ranked.
          Um yes he was. Annual rankings which you might be confusing monthly ratings are not the same!

Both Cliff who researched it and me and you can call me a serious fan know Byrd was ranked at the time he fought VK.

The late poster Cliif Rold , admitted that there were 10 ring raked men as Solis was ranked on line Ring Magazine's on line rankings. I pointed out he was in fact listed in print too, but Rold would not check his numerous ring magazine's and post a picture on the monthly ratings here. Hmmm... We had some PM's on the issue

Why are you so ignorant, biased, and liar? I don't have time for you.

Now here are Cliff's words: Read them and you will see that Byrd was ranked at the time they fought.

https://www.boxingscene.com/measured...rs-pt-2-vitali

Comment

It's funny how we hear so much about Vits coming in on short notice to fight Lewis and losing, but don't hear so much about Byrd coming in on short notice and winning. It was clear Lewis was not the same fighter he once was but still got the win and retired. Byrd was on the rise and Vits lost and never wanted anything to do with him again even though he had every physical advantage.
            Vitali was due to fight on the same card and was in training ,it's not like he was called up from the crowd!
            JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Um yes he was. Annual rankings which you might be confusing monthly ratings are not the same!

Both Cliff who researched it and me and you can call me a serious fan know Byrd was ranked at the time he fought VK.

Why are you so ignorant, biased, and liar? I don't have time for you.

Now here are Cliff's words: Read them and you will see that Byrd was ranked at the time they fought.

https://www.boxingscene.com/measured...rs-pt-2-vitali
              Byrd was not ranked by The Ring until he beat Vits. Maskeav was #10 in the 1999 year end ratings. Are you trying to say Byrd leapfrogged Maskaev with a win over 12-3 David Washington who had lost 3 of his last 4 fights before losing to Byrd?
              Last edited by JAB5239; 03-26-2024, 07:31 AM.
              Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Vitali was due to fight on the same card and was in training ,it's not like he was called up from the crowd!
                He also said he had been training to fight Lewis for the past year.
                Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Byrd was not ranked by The Ring until he beat Vits. Maskeav was #10 in the 1999 year end ratings. Are you trying to say Byrd leapfrogged Maskaev with a win over 12-3 David Washington who had lost 3 of his last 4 fights before losing to Byrd?
                  NO, I saying in fact Byrd was ring magazine ranked when he fought Vitali! And Byrd never beat Maskeav. I think you are confused.

Here you go. This links will help you

https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/4923

https://boxrec.com/wiki/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_1998

Now Byrd is clearly ranked as selected by The Ring magazine in the April 1999 issue. He fought Vitali in 2000.

If you have any proof to the country please produce it. I do not think you can or will.

Dr. Z

Comment

- - It's like U snarf up U snails through U nose that connects to the exit through U keister.

Vit was place on the Lewie card with 3 days notice for a 10 rd event AFTER he won his 3rd straight lawsuit vs Lewie. Vit was upgraded to the main event when Kirk Johnson hurt his tltty with 2 weeks to train for a 12 rd fight, clearly a bait and switch offer that used car dealers often use.

Lewie on the other hand had been in training for 3 weeks in UK and then 6 additional weeks in US while telling the press he had 6 more lucrative fights including the Tyson rematch in the queue before retirement.

Lewie quit outright when the WBC ordered his biggest purse fight ever, the Vit rematch that HBO and Larry was throwing every dollar they had into.

Yer welcome...

Comment

NO, I saying in fact Byrd was ring magazine ranked when he fought Vitali! And Byrd never beat Maskeav. I think you are confused.

Here you go. This links will help you

https://boxrec.com/en/box-pro/4923

https://boxrec.com/wiki/index.php/Th..._Ratings:_1998

Now Byrd is clearly ranked as selected by The Ring magazine in the April 1999 issue. He fought Vitali in 2000.

If you have any proof to the country please produce it. I do not think you can or will.

Dr. Z

I never said he fought Maskaev. And that is the 1998 ratings that he fell out of after losing to Ibeabuchi. So Byrd was in fact not a Ring top 10 rated heavyweight when he fought Vits.
                      Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X