No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs George Foreman FULL FIGHT WRITE UP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    It's funny how we hear so much about Vits coming in on short notice to fight Lewis and losing, but don't hear so much about Byrd coming in on short notice and winning. It was clear Lewis was not the same fighter he once was but still got the win and retired. Byrd was on the rise and Vits lost and never wanted anything to do with him again even though he had every physical advantage.
    i don't know if you concur with me but lewis looked half asleep in some fights like the second mccall fight. oliver was not trying and lewis just had no killer instinct. i heard he liked to sleep just before fighting. yet in other fights like gallota he came out like a madman and destroyed him.
    i like vitali but i must say that lewis was coming back heavily before the cut. he also said he worked on the cut as a tactic. i agree vitali started much better but lewis was turning it around before vitali was stopped.
    Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by max baer View Post

i don't know if you concur with me but lewis looked half asleep in some fights like the second mccall fight. oliver was not trying and lewis just had no killer instinct. i heard he liked to sleep just before fighting. yet in other fights like gallota he came out like a madman and destroyed him.
      i like vitali but i must say that lewis was coming back heavily before the cut. he also said he worked on the cut as a tactic. i agree vitali started much better but lewis was turning it around before vitali was stopped.
      Lennox could be lazy, no doubt about that. But he always made up for it. I never heard he slept right before his fights, but that is interesting. As far as Lewis-Vits goes.....I to thought Lennox was taking command of the fight. Both men were tired, but Lewis definitely had the upper hand and momentum when they stopped the fight.
      Ivich Ivich nathan sturley max baer like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
        Foreman has a puncher's chance. His problem is he is facing a much bigger man, a man whose KO% is even higher than his, and who is the better boxer than he is. And a man who has never been knocked down.

Ali exposed Foreman, Lyle neatly knocked him out. And Jimmy Young beat him up so bad he had a religious experience in this dressing room.

But Foreman KO'd chinny smaller heavies with so-so chins so factor that in......​
        Foreman had heat exhaustion against Young. FFS stop with the lies!
        • Foreman hurt Young with a left hook in the 7th round. Young later said, "George did not know it, but while I may have been standing, I was out cold. He could have pushed me over with his little finger. How I survived that round I will never know."
        • Foreman was badly affected by the San Juan temperatures and suffered from heat exhaustion.
        • Young dropped Foreman with right in the 12th round.
        ​Lyle
        Denis
        Frazier
        Kirkman
        Frazier
        Peralta
        Were chinny?
        Vitali's ko % is mostly against unranked cannon fodder,he was a cherry picker.

“I was supposed to fight Vitali Klitschko a couple of times,” Valuev explained. “I was in camp and both camps fell through. I was offered a very insulting sum of money to fight both times. The fights never happened. I was very disappointed having gone through several camps."
        Last edited by Ivich; 03-24-2024, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Foreman had heat exhaustion against Young. FFS stop with the lies!
          • Foreman hurt Young with a left hook in the 7th round. Young later said, "George did not know it, but while I may have been standing, I was out cold. He could have pushed me over with his little finger. How I survived that round I will never know."
          • Foreman was badly affected by the San Juan temperatures and suffered from heat exhaustion.
          • Young dropped Foreman with right in the 12th round.
          ​Lyle
          Denis
          Frazier
          Kirkman
          Frazier
          Peralta
          Were chinny?
          Vitali's ko % is mostly against unranked cannon fodder,he was a cherry picker.

“I was supposed to fight Vitali Klitschko a couple of times,” Valuev explained. “I was in camp and both camps fell through. I was offered a very insulting sum of money to fight both times. The fights never happened. I was very disappointed having gone through several camps."
          Foreman ran out gas vs Young! Stop the excuses. Young whipped him and was well in the lead before the 10th round.

Outside of Frazer who he blew out and Lyle who floored at nearly beat him the rest of those name were not as good any of the 10 top ten ring magazine contenders that Vitali fought. VK was 8-2 vs ring magazine top ten ranked opponents and the two he lost was on a torn shoulder and cuts in fights he was in the lead.

But you know this...

Cherry picking was what Foreman did in his second career.

Comment

Foreman ran out gas vs Young! Stop the excuses. Young whipped him and was well in the lead before the 10th round.

Outside of Frazer who he blew out and Lyle who floored at nearly beat him the rest of those name were not as good any of the 10 top ten ring magazine contenders that Vitali fought. VK was 8-2 vs ring magazine top ten ranked opponents and the two he lost was on a torn shoulder and cuts in fights he was in the lead.

But you know this...

Cherry picking was what Foreman did in his second career.
            I know Vitali never defended against 9 Ring ranked opponents and Cliff Rold proved it on this forum and you refused to accept it !
            Cherry picking is what Vitali did ALL HIS CAREER and everybody knows it!

Vitali never beat a fighter as good as Frazier,Norton, or Lyle.
            Vitali fought the following Ring ranked men.
            Peter no2
            Sanders no3
            K Johnson no8
            Adamek no4
            Lewis Champ

Foreman fought
            Young no 3
            Frazier no 3
            Morrison no9
            Norton no3
            Lyle no5
            Ali no1
            Roman no7
            Peralta no10

Frazier Champ
            Holyfield Champ
            Moorer Champ
            Last edited by Ivich; 03-25-2024, 05:27 AM.

Comment

I know Vitali never defended against 9 Ring ranked opponents and Cliff Rold proved it on this forum and you refused to accept it !
              Cherry picking is what Vitali did ALL HIS CAREER and everybody knows it!

Vitali never beat a fighter as good as Frazier,Norton, or Lyle.
              Vitali fought the following Ring ranked men.
              Peter no2
              Sanders no3
              K Johnson no8
              Adamek no4
              Lewis Champ

Foreman fought
              Young no 3
              Frazier no 3
              Morrison no9
              Norton no3
              Lyle no5
              Ali no1
              Roman no7
              Peralta no10

Frazier Champ
              Holyfield Champ
              Moorer Champ

The late poster Cliif Rold , admitted that there were 10 ring raked men as Solis was ranked on line Ring Magazine's on line rankings. I pointed out he was in fact listed in print too, but Rold would not check his numerous ring magazine's and post a picture on the monthly ratings here. Hmmm... We had some PM's on the issue.

Wrong, Vitali fought Adamek who was ranked 2
              rd.

Why are you so ignorant, biased an liar? I don't have time for you.

Vitali's ring raked
              opponents:

1999 RTD by 9 Chris Byrd (#10 at Heavyweight) * shoulder injury, Later Byrd would be the Home ranked contender. Vitali was way up on all three cards

2003 - TKO by 6 Lennox Lewis (Champion at Heavyweight) * cuts. Again Vitali was leading on all three cards.

2004 - TKO8 Corrie Sanders (#3 at Heavyweight)

2004 TKO8 Danny Williams (#9 at Heavyweight)

2008 - RTD8 Sam Peter (#2 at Heavyweight)

2009 - TKO9 Juan Carlos Gomez (#9 at Heavyweight)

2009 - RTD10 Chris Arreola (#6 at Heavyweight)

2009 - UD12 Kevin Johnson (#10 at Heavyweight)

2011 - KO1 Odlanier Solis ( # 9at Heavyweight)

2011 - TKO10 Tomasz Adamek (#2 at Heavyweight)

Here Vitali is 8-2 or 80% winning record. Vitali has a better winning percentage among ring magazine champions than Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Frazier, Ali, Holyfield, Bowe, and Lewis. Only Marciano and Holmes have a better winning percentage. Louis, Foreman, Ali, Lewis, Wlad, and Tyson have more total wins over ranked contenders. I would need to check their records on ring magazine's top contenders for the percentage of opponents beaten. The point is Vitali rates in the top ten here among Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, and W. Klitschko

Best rounds won to rounds lost ratio: Not only in the history of heavyweights but among all boxing champions. He was towering above Ali or Holmes on the scorecards, who, infact lost more rounds to lesser men. Vitali combined boxing ability, power, size, good footwork, smarts, defense, counterpunching, and ring generalship to the maximum by engaging his opponents and forcing them to fight on his terms. Vitali never trailed on any scorecard after three rounds and never lost more than three consensus rounds in any fight. This includes fights where he was injured ( Byrd and Chisora ). Very impressive. Rates number one overall among Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Forman, Holmes, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, W Klitschko.

Never floored by a punch. Ever. Vitali and Oliver Mcall are the only two in the history of the lineal champions never to be floored by a punch, and Vitali fought plenty of punchers who landed hard to test his chin/durability such as Lewis, Hide, and Sanders. 47 pro fights. Rates Home overall among Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, W. Klitschko. In fact this accomplishment rates very highly in all of boxing history

One of the best knock artists of all time, with 87.23% KO ratio. It went down a little with age, and so would any champions. Better than Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Forman, Holmes, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, W Klitschko. This rates among all time among legendary champions.

Other feats:

One of the most active heavyweights on the punch stats, compared to Marciano or Frazier's activity level. Punch stats are not historical records, but this is impressive nonetheless. In boxing the guy who outlands the other wins at least 80% of the time. Often the punch stats are better than some of the official judges, and he be used sniff out bad judging.

**So far, we are talking about a guy who was incredibly difficult to outbox, was never floored that had had the power and stamina to stop anyone early or late, who stood 6'7" 1/2 tall, weighed 245-250 pounds in shape, an 80" reach**

An all time come back. Which boxer came back four years out of the ring, and no warm up fights not only to take his title back, but to win nine title defenses in a row at age 37-41. The answer is zero. Foreman came back to be Ring Magazine champion over 40, that's it.

Total Title Defenses.

1. Joe Louis 27 title wins NYSAC, NBA

2. Muhammad Ali 23 title wins NYSAC, WBA, WBC

3. Wladimir Klitschko 23 title wins WBA, IBF, WBO

4. Larry Holmes 20 title wins WBC, IBF

5A Lennox Lewis 15 title wins WBA, WBC, IBF

5.B Vitali Klitschko 15 title wins WBC, WBC

That's it. Everyone else is lower.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavyweight

Made the hall of fame in his first year of eligibility and was the leading vote receiver in his class. A very rare honor.

Using the above benchmarks and history and accomplishments, Vitali Klitschko is one of the top 10 all-time heavyweight champions. Since there is a lot of data here, I reserve the right to edit it, but I ask for proof of any errors found. You will get credit if you find one. Thanks to Mr. Cillf Rold's article, which I used as for part of the data, and Wikipedia. The all time head to rankings would be a different read, but in this man's opinion, Vitali would rate highly there as well.
              Last edited by Dr. Z; 03-25-2024, 05:54 AM.

Comment

The late poster Cliif Rold , admitted that there were 10 ring raked men as Solis was ranked on line Ring Magazine's on line rankings. I pointed out he was in fact listed in print too, but Rold would not check his numerous ring magazine's and post a picture on the monthly ratings here. Hmmm... We had some PM's on the issue.

rd.

Vitali's ring raked
                opponents:

1999 RTD by 9 Chris Byrd (#10 at Heavyweight) * shoulder injury, Later Byrd would be the Home ranked contender. Vitali was way up on all three cards

2003 - TKO by 6 Lennox Lewis (Champion at Heavyweight) * cuts. Again Vitali was leading on all three cards.

Here Vitali is 8-2 or 80% winning record. Vitali has a better winning percentage among ring magazine champions than Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Frazier, Ali, Holyfield, Bowe, and Lewis. Only Marciano and Holmes have a better winning percentage. Louis, Foreman, Ali, Lewis, Wlad, and Tyson have more total wins over ranked contenders. I would need to check their records on ring magazine's top contenders for the percentage of opponents beaten. The point is Vitali rates in the top ten here among Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, and W. Klitschko

Best rounds won to rounds lost ratio: Not only in the history of heavyweights but among all boxing champions. He was towering above Ali or Holmes on the scorecards, who, infact lost more rounds to lesser men. Vitali combined boxing ability, power, size, good footwork, smarts, defense, counterpunching, and ring generalship to the maximum by engaging his opponents and forcing them to fight on his terms. Vitali never trailed on any scorecard after three rounds and never lost more than three consensus rounds in any fight. This includes fights where he was injured ( Byrd and Chisora ). Very impressive. Rates number one overall among Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Forman, Holmes, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, W Klitschko.

Never floored by a punch. Ever. Vitali and Oliver Mcall are the only two in the history of the lineal champions never to be floored by a punch, and Vitali fought plenty of punchers who landed hard to test his chin/durability such as Lewis, Hide, and Sanders. 47 pro fights. Rates Home overall among Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Holmes, Foreman, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, W. Klitschko. In fact this accomplishment rates very highly in all of boxing history

One of the best knock artists of all time, with 87.23% KO ratio. It went down a little with age, and so would any champions. Better than Dempsey, Louis, Liston, Ali, Frazier, Forman, Holmes, Tyson, Hoyfleid, Bowe, Lewis, W Klitschko. This rates among all time among legendary champions.

Other feats:

One of the most active heavyweights on the punch stats, compared to Marciano or Frazier's activity level. Punch stats are not historical records, but this is impressive nonetheless. In boxing the guy who outlands the other wins at least 80% of the time. Often the punch stats are better than some of the official judges, and he be used sniff out bad judging.

**So far, we are talking about a guy who was incredibly difficult to outbox, was never floored that had had the power and stamina to stop anyone early or late, who stood 6'7" 1/2 tall, weighed 245-250 pounds in shape, an 80" reach**

An all time come back. Which boxer came back four years out of the ring, and no warm up fights not only to take his title back, but to win nine title defenses in a row at age 37-41. The answer is zero. Foreman came back to be Ring Magazine champion over 40, that's it.

Total Title Defenses.

Made the hall of fame in his first year of eligibility and was the leading vote receiver in his class. A very rare honor.

Using the above benchmarks and history and accomplishments, Vitali Klitschko is one of the top 10 all-time heavyweight champions. Since there is a lot of data here, I reserve the right to edit it, but I ask for proof of any errors found. You will get credit if you find one. Thanks to Mr. Cillf Rold's article, which I used as for part of the data, and Wikipedia. The all time head to rankings would be a different read, but in this man's opinion, Vitali would rate highly there as well.
                Byrd was not ranked
                Williams was not ranked
                Arreola was not ranked
                ​​​​​​​Iask for proo
                Cliff stated he was giving up debating with you as it was a waste of time.

Vitali's best wins.
                Hide
                Peter
                Adamek
                Sanders

Foreman's best wins
                Frazier
                Norton
                Moorer
                Lyle
                Now tell me Vitali's are superior?
                ​​​​​​​Vitali was never lineal champion.

Comment

rd.

Vitali's ring raked
                  opponents:

Other feats:

Total Title Defenses.

How can Dempsey possibly have any percentage against Ring ranked fighters if Ring didn't begin its rankings until the end of 1924?
                  Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 03-25-2024, 02:13 PM.
                  Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Byrd was not ranked
                    Williams was not ranked
                    Arreola was not ranked
                    Iask for proo
                    Cliff stated he was giving up debating with you as it was a waste of time.

Vitali's best wins.
                    Hide
                    Peter
                    Adamek
                    Sanders

Foreman's best wins
                    Frazier
                    Norton
                    Moorer
                    Lyle
                    Now tell me Vitali's are superior?
                    ​​​​​​​Vitali was never lineal champion.

You are a moron, a liar, and have a terrible memory!

Bryd was not ring magazine ranked?

Williams was not a ring magazine raked?

Arreola was not a ring magazine ranked?

WRONG on all there counts!

Here is your boy, Cliff Maybe if you read him you'll listen. ​​​​​​​

https://www.boxingscene.com/measured...-148729​

Comment

Vitali was a better fighter than his brother. I watched both fighter's whole career. Vitali was a smart and disciple fighter. Young Foreman was not on both counts. Plus, George wouldn't be punching down. He would have to fight tall which makes him an easy target. Older George was way too slow. So, the best of Foreman could not beat the best of Vitali. Peace.

Comment

Working...
                      X