No announcement yet.

Greb real name and some did you knows

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grebbc.jpg

About 5x the original. I sharpened it 45%. After that it starts to artifact.​

Comment

Anybody have a kid recently?

I am wondering if they still put race on a birth certificate?

I took some students to Europe a few times, and in 1994 I had a Colombian kid traveling on a green card.

I was matching his Colombian passport with my good old Yankee Doodle passport and noticed his had a "Shape of Nose" notation.

I realized in such a diverse culture it was a way to identfy race.

In 2008 I went again this time with (obviously) a different Colombian kid, I checked his passport and discovered there was no longer any line for "Shape of Nose" nor any manner to denote race.

P.S. I noticed Greb was identified as "White." Anyone know how an African American would have been identified (around the same time period)? Colored, Mixed, Negro, Black?

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post
        Anybody have a kid recently?

I am wondering if they still put race on a birth certificate?

I took some students to Europe a few times, and in 1994 I had a Colombian kid traveling on a green card.

I was matching his Colombian passport with my good old Yankee Doodle passport and noticed his had a "Shape of Nose" notation.

I realized in such a diverse culture it was a way to identfy race.

In 2008 I went again this time with (obviously) a different Colombian kid, I checked his passport and discovered there was no longer any line for "Shape of Nose" nor any manner to denote race.

P.S. I noticed Greb was identified as "White." Anyone know how an African American would have been identified (around the same time period)? Colored, Mixed, Negro, Black?
        My daughter gave birth to two boys in London, 2015 and 2018. On both their UK birth certificates, it plainly states their ethnicity as "white Brits".
        Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post

My daughter gave birth to two boys in London, 2015 and 2018. On both their UK birth certificates, it plainly states their ethnicity as "white Brits".
          "From out of nowhere Felina has found me"
          Mooshashi Mooshashi likes this.

Comment

Jack Dempsey was born in Brooklyn, NY as Jacob Dempberg to Russian-Jewish parents. True; look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Pius Greb (1860-1945) - Find a Grave Memorial
              Greb''s Father Pius his siblings and his children

Enlarge it!​
              Interesting, and the fact that Greb looks like a spooky forest barbarian across the rhine furthers the cause. I notice a lot of strong, broad faced whites tend to come from Northern Germanic territories.
              Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Jack Dempsey was born in Brooklyn, NY as Jacob Dempberg to Russian-Jewish parents. True; look it up.
                But unlike me you haven't provided a birth certificate.Dempsey was said to have Native American,Irish and Jewish blood, and Dempsey is an Irish name pretty potent blend imo!

Comment

Actually wasn't one of Dempsey's paternal granmothers a Jew? I.e. His father was 1/4th Jewish.

Or is that just BS as well?

Comment

Working...
                  X