No announcement yet.

Worst beatings we ever saw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - A 10 count is supposed to be based on 10 seconds, a major DUH for you.

I never had to administer one, but most folks have times in their lives where they have to estimate time, and whenever I check myself for giggles, I nail it every time. 14 seconds is a 40% error rate, and it's not like the Japanese crowd was screaming in the ref's ear like ****** Americans due.

Could've put one of the 50s B grade Horror movie Zombies in the ring and nobody could tell the difference between Tyson and the Zombie.

His grade school corner that DKing hired didn't even have essential corner equipment like Endswell.

Listen up though: I feel sorry for you, so just give me your bank account number and I'll have King deposit a large charity donation for your devotion......
    The referees determination is the say in boxing. No way to measure a perfect ten second count, and the fighter can only go by the refs count.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

The referees determination is the say in boxing. No way to measure a perfect ten second count, and the fighter can only go by the refs count.
      - - Put a stopwatch on the count...duh, and a muzzle with a gag on you...problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Put a stopwatch on the count...duh, and a muzzle with a gag on you...problem solved!
        Ahhh, yes because it is so easily predicted when a fighter will get dropped. Like I said, there is no way to 100% accurately count seconds.

Comment

So long as the referee is consistent with his ten count then it's fair.

Dave Barry (Tunney-Dempsey II) was not consistent with his counts, Tunney in the seventh, and Dempsey in the eight.

He is suspect.

Octavia Meyran (Tyson-Douglas) was consistent in counting both knock downs. In fact, the counts are almost identical. (There is a dual screen Youtube short that matches the counts.)

He is not a suspect.

IMO The 'ten second' rule MQB calls for is unrealistic. It needs to be a (consistent) ten count, delivered by the refree.

The Ali-Liston (II) fight should never have been stopped. Liston never got a count.
          Last edited by Willie Pep 229; 06-23-2023, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Gatti vs Gamache.

And - of course - Resto vs Collins, the mother of all (dirty) beatings.
            Long lawsuit after that Gatti fight

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

That might be an interesting list. Fighters whose carreers collapsed after one loss. Compared to fighters who rallied and went on to bigger things.

Tyson near the top of the former.

Hearns near the top of the latter.
              Dont forget Amir Khan getting folded early and going on to become a HOF and AGT.

Comment

Working...
              X