No announcement yet.

The Hardest Punchers Marciano's Victims Faced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hardest Punchers Marciano's Victims Faced

Cockell ,several men hit me harder than Marciano but none hit me so often with big punches

Lastarza,I've been hit harder by men but Rocky hit as hard at the end of a fight as at the start.

Charles,Marshall and Satterfield hit me the hardest.
    Walcott ,Marciano hit me harder with single punches than Joe Louis did..

Moore.people ask me who hit me the hardest I tell them what they want to hear Marciano,but its not true,Durelle and Sheppard hit me the hardest.

Louis, Marciano knocked me out with a couple of punches Schmeling needed loads of them,but I was younger then ,you can take more when you're younger. Al Delaney hit me the hardest single punch.

My thoughts.Marciano was a relentless attrition puncher who just wore down his opponents with unceasing bombardments,everything he threw was hard, and that's why he ruined so many fighters
    Last edited by Ivich; 09-14-2023, 01:32 PM.
    MoonCheese Marchegiano likes this.

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
    Cockell ,several men hit me harder than Marciano but none hit me so often with big punches
    Lastarza,I've been hit harder by men but Rocky hit as hard at the end of a fight at at the start.
    Moore.people ask me who hit me the hardest I tell them what they want to hear Marciano,but its not true,Durelle and Sheppard hit me the hardest.
    Louis, Marciano knocked me out with a couple of punches Schmeling needed loads of them,but I was younger then ,you can take more when you're younger. Al Delaney hit me the hardest single punch.

My thoughts.Marciano was a relentless attrition puncher who just wore down his opponents with unceasing bombardments,everything he threw was hard, and that's why he ruined so many fighters
    This is what I said, he can hit you with a shot much harder than you are used to inside and land flush frequently because he is so close. His arms are so short and his wrists so thick, the kind leverage he get's inside nobody can hang with him. he also barely get's hit inside because of his 2 fisted head on chest attack.

As for punch for punch hitting a target that doesn't move, then yeah I doubt he is hitting as hard as Foreman or Shavers - At heavyweight it doesn't take much to hurt someone though, which would make Rocky seem like a brutal puncher, landing the way he did.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post

This is what I said, he can hit you with a shot much harder than you are used to inside and land flush frequently because he is so close. His arms are so short and his wrists so thick, the kind leverage he get's inside nobody can hang with him. he also barely get's hit inside because of his 2 fisted head on chest attack.

As for punch for punch hitting a target that doesn't move, then yeah I doubt he is hitting as hard as Foreman or Shavers - At heavyweight it doesn't take much to hurt someone though, which would make Rocky seem like a brutal puncher, landing the way he did.
      Inside punching was never mentioned don't try and turn this into something it isn't.

Comment

Lastarza,I've been hit harder by men but Rocky hit as hard at the end of a fight at at the start.

Maybe those punches just felt harder. He di not measrue them.

Comment

Originally posted by Porky Pig View Post

Maybe those punches just felt harder. He di not measrue them.
          No ,but he felt them I'd say that's a pretty good way to evaluate them .

Comment

No ,but he felt them I'd say that's a pretty good way to evaluate them .
            I mean, there are equal lists that go in about those that said Marciano hit extremely hard. In truth though, his real talent is that he is Marciano. Relentlessly tough, impossible to intimidate even on the smallest level. The man would sleep in the change room before fights. Sound asleep.

another thing about Marciano that isn’t often brought up: the pace he sets in a fight. He’s dangerous for 15 rounds and every second of those rounds. Most fighters folded at the 5 round mark, when many will coast after a fast start and let their heart rate come down for that second wind. Marciano worked right through it, even turned it up. If you notice he totally exhausts his oponents making them incapable of fighting back. The silent killer

Comment

I think Randy Turpin hit him pretty hard.
              Ivich Ivich likes this.

Comment

Yeah man, pretty much exactly, Rocky, for all the praise he gets for his toughness, really can't be praised enough for how damn tough he was. Or determined, or whatever word you like best that reflects his willingness to endure to win. Attrition boxer is pretty perfect word choice. We should add it to the list of commonly used phrases by using it ... commonly.

By commonly used phrases I do mean like Boxer vs Puncher. Slugger, Brawler, Attritionist ... fits, imo.

---

We here at League of Owns are huge Marciano fanboys.

5 points to Ivich for starting a Marciano thread.

Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

This is a Good contemplative collection of quotes.
                  Collectively they spell out Marciano's approach to ring war perfectly. Beat you till your insides liquefy. All hard shots that simply never stop until the final bell rings.
                  Worked out well for him. For those opponents not so much.

I am sure you've observed that It is common for fighters to claim that the man who knocked them out was NOT the very hardest puncher they faced, but one who they can boast of having overcome nailed them harder. A coping thing. Great fighters very proud, as well they should be.

Lloyd Marshall, a longtime middleweight/lightheavyweight, was a good puncher but not known as a one-punch knocker outer. Charles licked him 2 in 3.
                  Bob Satterfield had legendary power. Charles fought him just once and won.

Durelle and Hatchetman Sheppard were big punchers, but Archie beat them, Sheppard twice.

Al Delaney is a surprise and a 4 roud vic, but who are we to dispute it?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow The Wisp View Post
                    This is a Good contemplative collection of quotes.
                    Collectively they spell out Marciano's approach to ring war perfectly. Beat you till your insides liquefy. All hard shots that simply never stop until the final bell rings.
                    Worked out well for him. For those opponents not so much.

I am sure you've observed that It is common for fighters to claim that the man who knocked them out was NOT the very hardest puncher they faced, but one who they can boast of having overcome nailed them harder. A coping thing. Great fighters very proud, as well they should be.

Lloyd Marshall, a longtime middleweight/lightheavyweight, was a good puncher but not known as a one-punch knocker outer. Charles licked him 2 in 3.
                    Bob Satterfield had legendary power. Charles fought him just once and won.

Durelle and Hatchetman Sheppard were big punchers, but Archie beat them, Sheppard twice.

Al Delaney is a surprise and a 4 roud vic, but who are we to dispute it?
                    Re Bold: Yea you run across that so often it almost makes the whole issue impossible to assess.

Comment

Working...
                    X