Your Top Ten Light Heavies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
    1. Foster - Undisputed x2 +10 defenses +Lineal
    2. Spinks - Undisputed x2 +3 defenses +HW champion with 3 defenses +LHW Lineal + HW Lineal
    3. Moore - Undisputed +8 defenses +Lineal
    4. Rosenbloom - Undisputed +7 defenses +Lineal
    5. Jones - Undisputed +7 defenses +HW champion 0 defenses
    6. Loughran - Undisputed +5 defenses +Lineal
    7. Lesnevich - Undisputed +4 defenses +Lineal
    8. Lewis - Undisputed +3 defenses +Lineal
    9. Torres - Undisputed +3 defenses +Lineal
    10. Berlenbach - Undisputed +3 defenses +Lineal
    Jose Torres included and no Harold Johnson?

How?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Jose Torres included and no Harold Johnson?

How?
      3 defenses is 3x more than 1.

I gave myself a criteria and stuck to it, simple.

Comment

I'm adding Jeff Harding and Joe Calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockybigblower View Post
          I'm adding Jeff Harding and Joe Calzaghe.
          That's your prerogative,to me Harding was just a strong tough guy with wins over another similar guy and a decent win over Tiozzo .Calzaghe got his best opponents when they were past their best and only fought two light heavies.
          Last edited by Ivich; 05-30-2022, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
            That's your prerogative,to me Harding was just a strong tough guy with wins over another similar guy and a decent win over Tiozzo .Calzaghe got his best opponents when they were past their best and only fought two light heavies.
            - - Poppy was Ring #1 and Roy #5 and SuperJoe fought them back to back and utterly humiliated them in their home environs.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Poppy was Ring #1 and Roy #5 and SuperJoe fought them back to back and utterly humiliated them in their home environs.
              Both dropped him and some thought Hopkins won, hence the split decision..Two wins at LHVY does not qualify you here imo.
              Last edited by Ivich; 05-30-2022, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post

Both dropped him and some thought Hopkins won, hence the split decision..Two wins at LHVY does not qualify you here imo.
                - - One of 5 fights Poppy humiliated hisself enough to be TKOed or DQed. Don't make me mention the other 4 as I really don't care to pick on a sissyboy like Poppy in front of his fans.

Hometown split decision loss the best U can do is it?

So sad that...

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

3 defenses is 3x more than 1.

I gave myself a criteria and stuck to it, simple.
                  Kind of dumb criteria, isn't it?

Torres LHW resume doesn't even come close to Johnson's.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Kind of dumb criteria, isn't it?

Torres LHW resume doesn't even come close to Johnson's.
                    I realized that after a while. The top 6 seemed quite agreeable but my 7-10 is not so much, I can agree. Limiting to just world champions is not the best criteria in the first place and like I told Ivich, I don't actually see strap holders as equal to undisputed.

It's like when people say they respect the office not the officer. I respect undisputed and defenses, those are true champions. I'm not much for resume whoring anyway, but yes in a more open rating I'd have ezzard and harold. For me it's not so much Harold's resume as much display, bag of tricks and such. Not eye test perse but similar. If a guy is very good at more techniques and styles and such then I tend to go with him over the resume guy. In this case, Johnson-Torres, Harold has both the displayed skills and the resume. The only thing he lacked was what I started with, defenses as undisputed.

Just kind of show principle positions are dumb really.
                    Last edited by Marchegiano; 05-30-2022, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
                      I was checking out the competition of Chuck Wiggins when BoxRec cut me off. They want you to register if you use the site extensively. Wiggins fought Greb 9 times and Tunney twice, just to get the Wiggins wagon rolling.
                      "I’ll tell you what I mean by real gameness. I fought Wiggins the first time just when I was getting started. For weeks I had been practicing the trick of slipping inside a right hand blow, and hooking my left to the body. It is not an easy thing to do, and I was green. In the first round I tried the punch, and the blow landed in foul territory. Not a word of complaint came from Chuck. Again in the second I tried it. Once more it landed low. This time the referee warned me. “For several rounds I did not use the blow, but in the seventh I decided to try again. My aim and my timing were bad. The referee promptly stepped between us, and promised to disqualify me if it happened again. The blows were entirely unintentional on my part, of course they were low blows, Wiggins took them in silence without ever a thought of winning on a foul.
                      “Once again before the fight ended I tried, and once again my judgment was bad. The referee was at the point of giving Wiggins the award when Chuck himself interrupted, ‘Keep em up Gene’, he snapped, ‘ Those punches really are low’.
                      “That is a game man, couldn’t beat me at boxing, at least he was too much a fighter to seek a win on a foul.” - Gene Tunney

Comment

Working...
                      X