Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else wanna see a George Foreman movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else wanna see a George Foreman movie?

I’ve always felt that George Foreman had one of the most interesting character arcs in boxing history. So, maybe a biographical film on Foreman would be interesting.
    I like the idea of one that is specially focused on his comeback years where he put the gloves back on to raise money for his youth center, but occasionally flashes back to his prime days. The movie would obviously end with him capturing the championship from Michael Moorer and making one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

Who do you think could be cast as Foreman if this were ever made? Before he died, I think Michael Clarke Duncan could have been a good choice.

Sure thing. His story is extremely cinematic with the ups and downs. Huge highs(destroying Frazier for the title, oldest man to win a title fight he was losing, becoming a miltimillionaire with the grill, becoming a priest etc.) and huge lows(the losses to Ali & Young, the mental breakdown where he had the strange dream that made him retire).

I don't know who fits the bill in size, intimidation and great acting skills today. A young Samuel L Jackson maybe could have although his face doesn't look the part. Young Danny Glover maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Flickergrab98 View Post
      The movie would obviously end with him capturing the championship from Michael Moorer and making one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.
      Now that you spoiled the movie by revealing its ending, I don't want to see it anymore.

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=31232342&d=1639936812&type=thumb
        Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        Sure thing. His story is extremely cinematic with the ups and downs. Huge highs(destroying Frazier for the title, oldest man to win a title fight he was losing, becoming a miltimillionaire with the grill, becoming a priest etc.) and huge lows(the losses to Ali & Young, the mental breakdown where he had the strange dream that made him retire).

I don't know who fits the bill in size, intimidation and great acting skills today. A young Samuel L Jackson maybe could have although his face doesn't look the part. Young Danny Glover maybe.
        I can imagine Terry Crews MAYBE playing a young Foreman. He’s certainly got the build for it.
        I know I said this already, but it really sucks that Michael Clarke Duncan didn’t play this part while he was still alive. Because he is probably the best match anyone could find.
        Actually, his smile does kind of remind me of Jack Johnson. Maybe he could have been good as him too
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by Flickergrab98; 12-19-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Not really. I’ve lived through both Foreman eras. No need to revisit via a dramatization.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post

- - A Vision ain't a breakdown, but of course mere messes of lessers could never understand an immortal like Big George.

Why U boys wanna see him dumbed down in Hollywood/Disney Cinderella fare? Save that for Poppy fans, not for Big George.

Comment

Most definitely!!

Comment

I'm with HOUDINI on this one I think we all know his story too well - maybe after this generation becomes worm meat posterity may be interested. Big George did too good of a job of shoving himself into our living rooms too often; he got his own story out there, really doesn't need any help from Hollywood.

Comment

Same thing about watching Will Smith play Ali and the painful to watch attempt to choreograph blow by blow the Ali Foreman fight. If you lived through the era following the sport the last thing you should want to see is a bad representation of reality.

Comment

Maybe that guy that played Luke Cage could play Foreman these days, not sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X