No announcement yet.

Top Chin Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Yes that's true. He maybe has a better chin than Canelo altho didn't Canelo go up in weight for that fight? (I can't remember now) Canelo is always fighting out of his natural weight class. He looked very small against Plant and he had to hit him a ton of times to stop him.
    Canelo went from 154 to 160 for the fight, but I think he had already fought Chavez Jr. at 164.5

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Yes that's true. He maybe has a better chin than Canelo altho didn't Canelo go up in weight for that fight? (I can't remember now) Canelo is always fighting out of his natural weight class. He looked very small against Plant and he had to hit him a ton of times to stop him.
      - - What is his natural weight class? Grew up cutting weight like most nonheavies and naturally moved from 140 age 15, exactly my weight at that age, to 175 nearing age 30, a weight I could've been at had I been hitting the weights. His fight weight at 154 was already in the 170s, and now it's 180s in the 168-175 divisions.

If indeed he fights Makabu with no weight stipulations other than standard 200 Cruiser limit, I suspect he'll be lower 190s with no post weighin weight gains.

Comment

• Honorable mention: Edwin Rosario - the Ramirez fight said it best, stopped, (TKO) he couldn't defend himself so he turned around and walked away so Ramirez would stop punching him. Lol

Was he ever KD? If so I suspect it came late in his career.

Comment

• Oliver McCall. Was he even ever dropped? I remember when he had a mental breakdown and was basically pleading for Lewis to knock him out, but it didn't happen. Lewis was whacking him flush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willie Pep 229 View Post

Good read, but remember paragraphs are your friend.
            So true. No excuse for sloppy writing skills. I need to streamline my posts in a lot of ways. Sometimes I get on here after a few and it shows. Often less is more. Something to work on in the new year.
            Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

- - Nor Canelo with more fights at higher weights.
              canelo has been rocked tho

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinglife8 View Post

canelo has been rocked tho
                - - Yes for about 3 sec as a 19 yr old vs 31 yr older bro of Cotto who had an almost identical numeric record at 31-1-1, 23 KO and never been KOed.

After the 3 sec passed, Canelo continued the battering for Cotto's first and only KO loss.

Comment

Working...
                X