• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    "The question isn't at what age I want to retire, it's at what income."
    —George Foreman
    That quote works in any area of work.
    JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

• 'People think that I reached the top overnight; well, it took me fourteen years. I was twenty-nine before I really made it. I've had my jaws and hands broken. One arm is out of place. I've paid my dues in this business.'
      - Larry Holmes

Comment

• 'I'm from the rough, where fighting was how to keep your dignity. Otherwise people will use you and keep using you.'
        - Pernell Whitaker

Comment

• 'I'm a champion with a contender's mindset. I'm still as mean as ever.'
          - Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Comment

• 'Sure, I went down in a few fights, but I always got up and fought back. Every fighter is scared, every fighter gets hurt. It's how you deal with adversity that counts. Either you quit or you keep fighting.'
            - Micky Ward

Comment

• 'Boxing has helped millions around the world as a trigger for self-belief, identity and connecting. It is therapy for rage.'
              - Nigel Benn

Comment

• 'It took me two years to learn how to throw the right hand. These punches take years and years to learn. You don't climb through the ropes and just do it.'
                - Chris Eubank

Comment

• 'One day, back home in Louisville, I was riding on a bus. I was reading a paper about Patterson and Ingemar Johansson. I didn’t have no doubt I could beat either one of them, if I had a chance to fight them.

But Machen, Folley, Jones and all of them other bums were standing in the way, and I decided I wasn’t just about to stand around like them. I’d won the Olympic title, that was all in the papers, but hadn’t nobody really heard of me, though, and they never would as long as I just sat thinking about it.

Right there on that bus is where I figured I’d just open up my big mouth and start people listening and paying attention to me. Not just talking, but really screaming, and acting like some kind of a nut. That day was when I started out after getting in the ring with the champion.'

- Muhammad Ali
                  Willie Pep 229 Willie Pep 229 likes this.

Comment

• 'I'm scared when I'm doing nothing. If I'm not working then I'm scared. That's very frightening.'
                    - Mike Tyson

Comment

• - -Every time someone mentions Joe Louis, my nose starts to bleed...Tommy Farr...

https://boxrec.com/en/event/13647/19818
                      JAB5239 JAB5239 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X