No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs. Michael Spinks at LHW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bernard Hopkins vs. Michael Spinks at LHW

Technically this could be another Hopkins match up against a HW champion but obviously I'm going to make this about the prime Michael Spinks at LHW. Who would win?
    Hopkins by KO/TKO
    5.41%
    Hopkins by decision
    10.81%
    Draw
    2.70%
    Michael Spinks by KO/TKO
    32.43%
    Michael Spinks by decision
    48.65%

Spinks was an ATG at Light-Heavyweight, Hopkins a washed up ex-Middleweight champ at Light-Heavyweight: Do the math.

Poet

Comment

iM no damn Poet, but Hopkins by UD or maybe late rounds KO>

Comment

j/k.. but Hopkins will take away his left hook. I dont think he has Mike Tyson power to KO him, but it would be a great fight. But since im a hopkins fan, Hopkins by decision

Comment

What's wit all these Hopkins vs whoever threads?

Comment

Michael Spinks dominated the 175 pound division from 81-85 and was at least the 4th greatest 175 pounder of all time. He defeats Hopkins by decision

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
              j/k.. but Hopkins will take away his left hook. I dont think he has Mike Tyson power to KO him, but it would be a great fight. But since im a hopkins fan, Hopkins by decision
              It aint the hook Hopkins needs to worry about: It's the "Spinks Jinx" right hand that would rock his world.

PS. Spinks had terrific power.....at 175.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                It aint the hook Hopkins needs to worry about: It's the "Spinks Jinx" right hand that would rock his world.

Poet
                I was gonna say that

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
                  Glad I scrolled down to read this first. another thing to keep in mind is Hop looked spent at 12 against Calzaghe, who doesn't hold a candle to Spinks at 175, while Micheal was an established 15 round fighter against other top notch fighters at that weight.

Comment

Given that he's best known nowadays for being cannon fodder for a prime Mike Tyson, it's easy to forget just how good Spinks was 175. Emerging unbeaten and undisputed champ in a talent-rich era of light-heavies is no mean feat.

I've always believed he'd KO Hopkins, Jones and Calzaghe, and I'll stand by that.
                    Keleneki Keleneki _Rexy_ _Rexy_ like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X