Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bernard Hopkins vs. Michael Spinks at LHW

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spinks for sure He was a highly skilled, crafty, hard punching bigger man. Spinks would have blasted Trinidad out in under four rounds. Not taking anything away from Hopkins but he was too small for Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
      Spinks for sure He was a highly skilled, crafty, hard punching bigger man. Spinks would have blasted Trinidad out in under four rounds. Not taking anything away from Hopkins but he was too small for Spinks.
      Exactly this.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutTheFat View Post
        Technically this could be another Hopkins match up against a HW champion but obviously I'm going to make this about the prime Michael Spinks at LHW. Who would win?
        Spinks by U Dec Hopkins won't allow himself to be stopped,I don't think that much of B Hop,for me he was a boring, cynical fighter.
        Last edited by Ivich; 12-02-2023, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
          Yep. Spinks was a very good 15 round fighter. He is not only bigger but just as crafty like you said. Hopkins game would disappear vs Spinks. IMO, Spinks would own him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivich View Post
            Spinks by U Dec Hopkins wont allow himself to be stopped,I don't think that much of B Hop,for me he was a boring, cynical fighter.
            What this? I agree with what you wrote , but Hopkins was a good fighter. Dirty and a cheater but good. I am surprised by you comments as you tend to like the criminal types.

Comment

- - What happened to my post?

Censored for what?

Yeah, the Jinx all day and twice on Sundays...

Comment

Originally posted by DeepSleep View Post
                Hopkins is a middleweight. The LHW Hopkins is not the same as the middleweight Hopkins. Spinks at LHW was a monster and would decision the smaller Hopkins at LHW but still it seems rather unfair to compare an ATG LHW to a middleweight.
                Very true and why I agree with sonnyboy that spinks would ko/TKO Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Very true and why I agree with sonnyboy that spinks would ko/TKO Hopkins.
                  Stop him? I've rarely even seen Hopkins seriously hurt. But he would outbox him for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kara View Post

Stop him? I've rarely even seen Hopkins seriously hurt. But he would outbox him for sure.
                    Against Spinks, a naturally bigger guy with a good ko % @ 175, i think a stoppage would be a good possibility. But who knows? We won't ever anyway! Thanks.

Comment

Hopkins is my tubby Lar--can't stand him. But he doesn't have any chance at all of besting Spinks except in checkers, even if I liked the creep.

Comment

Working...
                      X