No announcement yet.

rocky marciano vs bernard hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
    Box rec has him coming in as low as 158 for some of his fights.

he also has a slew of early fights that look to be about super middleweight by todays standards..
    He was a kid then, around 15-17 years old and starving as well (Walcott actually fought for food early in his career).

By 25 years of age he never weighed below 190 lbs. Weighed 197 vs Rocky.
    Last edited by TheGreatA; 02-05-2009, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0Rooster4Life0 View Post
      i can NOT Beleave you are acually think Hopkins would beat Rocky, ROcky isnt just a Good fighter, he is one of the best heavyweights of all time, Give me a damn break, I like B Hop but come on now. Lets jump back into reality

Damn straight, Rooster! Good post.

This thread is a slap in the face to The Rock. No one was more devastating in that ring than Marciano. Guys he fought against said just bumping into him hurt like hell. He never entered the ring at less than 110%, he only grew stronger as fights progressed, and his massive fists were absolutely lethal agents of destruction. You could outbox him, you could split his nose in half, you could gore him.. you just couldn't beat him. Even Joe Louis said after their fight that he could never have beaten Marciano.

Comment

This thread sucks

Marciano by brutal KO

Comment

lol Bernard would outclass this guy, all you have to do is look at the videos and compare.
          Why couldnt Popkins move up to cruiseweight?
          Weight is overrated and wont be an issue because skillwise Bernard is lightyears ahead of Rocky.

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77 View Post
            lol Bernard would outclass this guy, all you have to do is look at the videos and compare.
            Weight is overrated and wont be an issue because skillwise Bernard is lightyears ahead of Rocky.
            Rocky only has 10 lbs on nard' can't see the one dimensional Rocky beating Nard'.

Comment

Rocky only has 10 lbs on nard' can't see the one dimensional Rocky beating Nard'.

I swear you make these ignorant posts just to be argumentative.

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77 View Post
                Well skillwise Ezzard Charles was light years ahead of Hopkins.. didn't stop the Rock from beating his ass twice.

You guys don't seem to understand what kind of warrior Rocky Marciano was. They truly don't make fighters like that anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATE View Post
                  Well skillwise Ezzard Charles was light years ahead of Hopkins.. didn't stop the Rock from beating his ass twice.

You guys don't seem to understand what kind of warrior Rocky Marciano was. They truly don't make fighters like that anymore.

Charles was a great fighter, but light years ahead? wTf are you smoking

It would be a good fight, my Hopkins bias - tells me he'd win.

Comment

Originally posted by Knighte View Post
                    I swear you make these ignorant posts just to be argumentative.
                    speaking of ignorant posts, lets talk about knighte

Comment

stop embarrassing yourself and nuthugging rocky

Walcott was a LHW, Walcott would have beat on rocky's bones given he didn't drop his hands (presumably from gassing due to old age).

You seem to think Rocky will have some massive size advantage, which he won't, he was a cruiser weight, and a small one at that.

GIve Yourself An Uppercut

Comment

Working...
                      X