No announcement yet.

Holmes vs Foreman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
    - -U drink, therefore U think enlightenment is it now?
    Not too arrogant huh !!

Comment

Could go either way , foreman was better than shavers and could hurt Holmes just as bad and was a beast once he hurt you
      Holmes could use his jab and wear foreman down and keep him at bay with his jab.
      50/50 fight if ever I saw one

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
        What are you talking about pal.
        George was a power punching fighter who lacked conditioning.
        It’s very simple a Queensburied
        You have this anger & disrespectful tone about Larry Holmes constantly. Did you grow up in the Easton Pennsylvania area or Phillipsburg NJ, did Larry take your lunch money as a young Lad. George would be in trouble in the championship rounds. Holmes has a very good chin and always was ready to go 15, and honestly can you say that about George.
        They had different styles completely.
        After 7-8 rounds it would be a sparring session.
        Stay away from Easton , Larry is still there and he will wants more of your lunch money Queenie
        I hear you prefer the west side, Clemenza. You know any good spots on the west wide? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1-y9-m-CU0

Comment

Fairly odd that I JUST ran into this weirdness...
          https://youtu.be/5BGxuk_Yf18
          Last edited by Mario040481; 01-05-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
            Fairly odd that I JUST ran into this weirdness...
            https://youtu.be/5BGxuk_Yf18
            Well he was off on that Whitaker vs. Chavez result though, wasn't he?

Comment

Foreman comes out trying to take out Holmes fast. For the first five or six rounds, Holmes acts as if GF has a contiguous disease. In round seven, George despite looking tired lands a booming right that drops him like a shot. Somehow, Larry makes it up and survive s. A revived Foreman goes wild after him but it's Larry that's gaining control. By the ninth, Holmes Jab is smacking the hell of Foreman s mush. Second s in to the tenth and Holmes drops him hard. Big George attempt s to make it up but the ref calls it over. Holmes is victorious.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                Well he was off on that Whitaker vs. Chavez result though, wasn't he?
                Honestly, I couldn't watch that much of it! But, I was really surprised recently to be watching an older Sky Sports broadcast of the Chavez vs Taylor II fight, and they, Watt and either Iane Darke or Adam Smith, mention the Chavez vs Whitaker draw, and they are obviously sincere in stating they were somewhat confused/bemused by the outrage at the draw, as they felt it was pretty fair. Different strokes....

Comment

Originally posted by Incapable View Post
                  Foreman comes out trying to take out Holmes fast. For the first five or six rounds, Holmes acts as if GF has a contiguous disease. In round seven, George despite looking tired lands a booming right that drops him like a shot. Somehow, Larry makes it up and survive s. A revived Foreman goes wild after him but it's Larry that's gaining control. By the ninth, Holmes Jab is smacking the hell of Foreman s mush. Second s in to the tenth and Holmes drops him hard. Big George attempt s to make it up but the ref calls it over. Holmes is victorious.
                  I gather this is both at their prime or peak age, basically at some point in their first careers? That I could see being a likely outcome. But in their v2.0 careers, Holmes, who beat Mercer with, as well as had a handful of moments against Holyfield, a hybrid rope a dope into a corner type strategy, and I just don't think that is something George would have much issue with when at his best during his comeback tour. Where as, I think Holmes employed that strategy as much outta necessity as anything else because he couldn't move/box for any prolonged periods of time any more and it just happened to work well with Mecer and occasionally with Holyfield.
                  Last edited by Mario040481; 01-06-2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
                    I gather this is both at their prime or peak age, basically at some point in their first careers? That I could see being a likely outcome. But in their v2.0 careers, Holmes, who beat Mercer with, as well as had a handful of moments against Holyfield, a hybrid rope a dope into a corner type strategy, and I just don't think that is something George would have much issue with when at his best during his comeback tour. Where as, I think Holmes employed that strategy as much outta necessity as anything else because he couldn't move/box for any prolonged periods of time any more and it just happened to work well with Mecer and occasionally with Holyfield.
                    Yep, that's a prime scenario with both men. If they'd met in there later years, I see a Foreman win. The Holmes Jab still had authority but Foreman marching forward, cross armed is more dangerous.. I've got him hurting Larry several times and getting a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Incapable View Post
                      Yep, that's a prime scenario with both men. If they'd met in there later years, I see a Foreman win. The Holmes Jab still had authority but Foreman marching forward, cross armed is more dangerous.. I've got him hurting Larry several times and getting a decision.
                      - -Holmesy only had a prime because Ali, Frazier, George, and Kenny were aging out of the greatest ever era for retirement.

A past it Kenny arguably beat him, and notice Holmesy never took the big $$$ rematch, instead fighting for lunch $$$ against a who's dat list of journeymen.

Comment

Working...
                      X