Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Joe Gans as the Greatest Lightweight of All Times???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
    Yet the ref said different. And what about the betting lines changing so drastically? Ahh, it's ok to use that argument with Wlad-Brewster, but not Gans-McGovern? How about the talk of the fix being in and Gans own admission? Far more evidence here for a fix than the Wlad-Brewster fight, that's for sure!
    - -We been knowin' U ain't never been the brightest, more noted fer yer blighted blindness, but the ref 100% correct in that Gans couldn't block McG shots.

He jus never seen such a thing and ended up as confused as poor Gans.

It happens, esp when U show up in U blinders.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
      - -We been knowin' U ain't never been the brightest, more noted fer yer blighted blindness, but the ref 100% correct in that Gans couldn't block McG shots.

He jus never seen such a thing and ended up as confused as poor Gans.

It happens, esp when U show up in U blinders.
      You either have serious problems with reading comprehension, or you an idiot. In your case it's probably both. The ref never said that. He said his blocking was ok, but he put no effort into his punching.

If you understood the dynamics of boxing, you would understand that if you don't fight back you cannot keep another fighter off of you, especially one as ferocious as McGovern was.

Comment

You either have serious problems with reading comprehension, or you an idiot. In your case it's probably both. The ref never said that. He said his blocking was ok, but he put no effort into his punching.

If you understood the dynamics of boxing, you would understand that if you don't fight back you cannot keep another fighter off of you, especially one as ferocious as McGovern was.
        - -But Gans blocking was OK while getting knocked down a half dozen x inside 5 min and stopped?

I'm starting to feel like I'm picking on a handicapped person now, so I apologize.

I had no idea, so I'm outta here.

Comment

• Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
          - -But Gans blocking was OK while getting knocked down a half dozen x inside 5 min and stopped?

I'm starting to feel like I'm picking on a handicapped person now, so I apologize.

I had no idea, so I'm outta here.
          Because he took a dive!! Everyone there saw it, the ref himself said he didn't even try, and illinois banned boxing for a quarter century because of it. Stay blind old man, stay blind!

Comment

• Just watched Gans-McGovern yet again. Can anyone who has watched this fight tell e how many jabs Gans throws? Gans was renowned for his jab and being a master of distance. So why would a man so skilled neglect his jab against a smaller fighter. I guess it would be one thing if he was trying to mix it up and brawl, but Gans was hardly punching at all.

Comment

Just watched Gans-McGovern yet again. Can anyone who has watched this fight tell e how many jabs Gans throws? Gans was renowned for his jab and being a master of distance. So why would a man so skilled neglect his jab against a smaller fighter. I guess it would be one thing if he was trying to mix it up and brawl, but Gans was hardly punching at all.
              Who you asking, Bi'tch?

You won't answer questions, but you expect others to?

Gans was caught in the open exchange. He never recovered, he was never able to effectively able to keep space there after. He's clearly struggling to get back into the fight, but Terry never lets up.

Have you never been concussed? Have you ever played ANY sport? Have you ever even exercised? Do you have any idea what it's like to have your body not respond to what you're "telling" it to do?

We know you've had lots of men on top of you... probably that's the analogy that will finally hit home... have you ever wanted any of those guys to get off you, but they kept forcing it. Did you screams for help save you?

I'd love to see the footage of Gans so effectively using his jab.

Again, there's a enough footage of Gans that if he fought any differently than what we see here, you should be able to provide it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
                Who you asking, Bi'tch?

You won't answer questions, but you expect others to?

Gans was caught in the open exchange. He never recovered, he was never able to effectively able to keep space there after. He's clearly struggling to get back into the fight, but Terry never lets up.

Have you never been concussed? Have you ever played ANY sport? Have you ever even exercised? Do you have any idea what it's like to have your body not respond to what you're "telling" it to do?

We know you've had lots of men on top of you... probably that's the analogy that will finally hit home... have you ever wanted any of those guys to get off you, but they kept forcing it. Did you screams for help save you?

I'd love to see the footage of Gans so effectively using his jab.

Again, there's a enough footage of Gans that if he fought any differently than what we see here, you should be able to provide it....
                I've provided links and newspaper accounts to back all my claims, unlike you who has provided nothing. If you want an example of Gans jab you can see it in the Kid Herman fight, and to a lesser extent the first Nelson fight. There are also literally hundred of newspaper accounts from the day the talk about it as well as historians who have put more time into it than either of us. Of course you will dismiss this without providing any proof or links of your own.

You like to talk about men being with other men a lot. Is there something you're not telling us? It's ok, we're not here to judge your personal life, only your lack of boxing knowledge.

By the way...I'm still wondering where you boxed at, for who and who you were in the ring with? You talk tough, but hide behind a computer and give no details.

Comment

Working...
                X