No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events: No Interest in Stevenson-Kovalev Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
    I'm guessing you do not follow what is happening in Russia. It was actually a perfectly valid point although it was actually irrelevant considering that the actual reason she is not going through with the purse bid is because of HBO.
    The Russian exchange rate had fuck all to do with this and you admit it yourself. That had to be one of the most ridiculous excuses for running away from a fight in the history of boxing.

Yet not a word from the posters who relentlessly mocked Stevenson. I thought they were passionately against ducking and avoiding, what happened? Is it ok to do those things as long as it's one of their favorites that's doing it?

Comment

GYM is one of the promoters being paid to put on Haymon's shows.
      I get it now.

You never heard about GYM and Interbox before today.

Always fun to talk to people who know nothing.

Comment

I know what you are implying but Stevenson is hardly the most likable guy is he? Who to like least, the man who has probably revealed some lingering racism towards black people or the man who forced teenage girls into prostitution and beat them up. Lets just say neither man is perfect.
        It's not about who's more "likable." If you criticize one and give the other a pass it's an agenda. I don't know either one personally and I don't care about what they do outside of the ring and Im not a fan of Stevenson either.

But when you start making excuses and defending one while persecuting the other it becomes obvious why that happens. I've seen a lot of that here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
          HBO is dying and I love it.
          HBO doesn't even need boxing you fuking moron boxing is only a small part of HBO.dont worry pbc will die soon and you will be back to watching on HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            The Russian exchange rate had fuck all to do with this and you admit it yourself. That had to be one of the most ridiculous excuses for running away from a fight in the history of boxing.

Yet not a word from the posters who relentlessly mocked Stevenson. I thought they were passionately against ducking and avoiding, what happened? Is it ok to do those things as long as it's one of their favorites that's doing it?
            Remember when Stevenson was asked about Kovalev post fight and he's like, Montreal, how you doing? OTOH Kovalev will fight him, for 50/50 on HBO. Its less than he'd make through purse bid, but way more than he's made and will keep making fighting scrubs off HBO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Like Sukhotsky and Bika? Its all very well talking about Stevenson's great options but what use are they if he doesn't fight any of them?

The next meaningful fight Stevenson will be in is probably Chilemba since that is his mandatory.

Lose him to who? you think Main Events are going to hand control of their fighter to Haymon boxing and sign a long term deal with PBC? unrealistic.

HBO-Sho workin for Pac-Mayweather is an exception, there's a lot of money to make it worthwhile.

Main Events wanted to make the fight in late 2013, in early 2014 and now in 2015, they didn't want Stevenson to vacate but Kovalev crossing networks was never part of their plan.
              So, what you are saying is this.....

Stevenson, has a much better deal with Haymon, than Kovalev has with Duva/HBO.

Just out of interest, when Stevenson moved to Shotime, which is obviously a much better deal for him.....did you accuse him of ducking Kovalev?

Be honest, because I can just search post history.

Comment

The exchange rate!!!

Still cant believe they fell for that one...

Comment

• This entire thread is shocking. Over 200 posts about someone other than Floyd Mayweather. Adonis Stevenson has officially arrived!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    All these boys here are not posting "for Adonis" -- they are posting exclusively on Haymon's behalf...
                    yes the al gaymon shills are going crazy.

Comment

It wasn't the reason they turned away from the purse bid but that reason wouldn't have been ridiculous in other circumstances. The purse bid was called far too early and the exchange rate would be relevant if they wanted to do the fight in Russia.

The answer to your last question is probably yes, that is what fans of fighters do, although Kovalev is not ducking Stevenson whereas Stevenson may have been ducking Kovalev. The fight is not currently happening because of both sides, not just one side.

Comment

Working...
                      X