No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Main Events: No Interest in Stevenson-Kovalev Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Humean View Post
    No he is set because of Haymon, he has a platform to get overpaid to fight mediocre opponents. GYM is Haymon's proxy.
    Lol what?

You dont know GYM's history do you?

Do you research man...

Comment

• Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      They can't "possibly", because that's not on the table. Their choice is to take HBO money or send Stevenson back to fight cans for less money before the Chilemba fight is forced on him by the WBC.
      Adonis isn't the main issue here -- the Haymon's "business model" is.

Comment

• Interbox threw Yvon out, in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          The pimp has no more than 2 fights left.

(If he was "set" even without haymon, then why did he signed?)
          To make even better money.

Comment

As an American i'm sure you are the one that will get to make all these important decisions, does Al Haymon ask your advice on all his business decisions?
            No, but I'm observant and I can read between the lines. If you think Haymon is going to pull a Dana White when he allowed his star fighter (Chuck Lidell) to go to Japan's PRIDE and get obliterated, you're crazy. Haymon's goal is to make boxing synonymous with PBC in America. HBO is his biggest competition. He's not gonna let his lineal LHW champion enrich HBO. And since he's offering millions more than the next guy, there should be no excuses.

Be observant. Read between the lines.

Comment

• I see a Trend.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... But the kid told us why: he is interested in the progress of boxing in his country... at large.
              Isn't that the same thing Carl Frampton and his Promoter were saying about why they insist the fight happen on there terms in Ireland against Scott Quigg?

Sounds like the latest Political excuse from eastern European fighters, the new "EN VOGUE" excuse.

Boom. :ANYWORD:

Comment

That is true but perhaps Haymon will avoid the mandatories for Kovalev with his guys and match them with Stevenson instead for the WBC belt. Time will tell on that but at the moment I really think Kovalev is in the weaker position because I don't know who he can fight. I'm pretty sure the top contenders right now are all with Haymon: Alvarez, Beterbiev, Fonfara, Oosthuizen, Monaghan
                Monaghan is with Top Rank

Comment

• Originally posted by ManAnimalX View Post
                  Isn't that the same thing Carl Frampton and his Promoter were saying about why they insist the fight happen on there terms in Ireland against Scott Quigg?

Sounds like the latest Political excuse from eastern European fighters, the new "EN VOGUE" excuse.

Boom. :ANYWORD:
                  I don't support any of those cited above.
                  I just want to watch good and clean fights.
                  I don't take sides. But when there's no fair play I can't take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                    So Duva says 50/50 or no fight??? so why demand a purse bid to begin with?
                    Duva did not demand a purse bid.

Other than that, for the fight to be PPV in Quebec and in Canada it must be either on Showtime or HBO. It cannot be on NBC or CBS as those stations cannot be blacked out across Canada. So to be PPV in Canada and get the best possible ratings in the US, HBO would be the logical choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
                      Lol what?

You dont know GYM's history do you?

Do you research man...
                      GYM is one of the promoters being paid to put on Haymon's shows.

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      No, but I'm observant and I can read between the lines. If you think Haymon is going to pull a Dana White when he allowed his star fighter (Chuck Lidell) to go to Japan's PRIDE and get obliterated, you're crazy. Haymon's goal is to make boxing synonymous with PBC in America. HBO is his biggest competition. He's not gonna let his lineal LHW champion enrich HBO. And since he's offering millions more than the next guy, there should be no excuses.

Be observant. Read between the lines.
                      Instead of reading between the lines perhaps read some actual lines. I'm not blaming Haymon for not sending Stevenson in to fight Kovalev, it makes perfect sense from his perspective and likewise the other way from HBO, hence the impasse.

Comment

Working...
                      X