Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hot Heavyweight Prospect Itauma Links Up With New Coach Ben Davison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hot Heavyweight Prospect Itauma Links Up With New Coach Ben Davison

Hot Heavyweight Prospect Itauma Links Up With New Coach Ben Davison
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is anyone else baffled as to why fighters go with Davison?

I suspect he must be willing to take a really small cut compared to his competitors.
    rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      Is anyone else baffled as to why fighters go with Davison?

I suspect he must be willing to take a really small cut compared to his competitors.
      Respectfully (to both you & him), Boxercise is a good young trainer with an already impressive record & I for one will continue to be interested in his development, not least because his potential is still huge.

Comment

Although Ben is very much in his infancy fighters seem to like the young blood and of course the man himself, which is of major importance . Fighters know he will do right by them as he did for Woods in the Lara first fight , where some trainers may have sent him out to the distinctive fists , while Ben saw sense and knew one more shot could be career ending (at best) given the state he was in , and look what happened next time around .Ben is still a baby in training terms but success breeds success and Ben is having plenty .Good luck to him .
        Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JeBron Lamez View Post

Respectfully (to both you & him), Boxercise is a good young trainer with an already impressive record & I for one will continue to be interested in his development, not least because his potential is still huge.
          I don’t rate him at all tbh. I think he just tries to have every fighter counter off the back foot. Reminds me a bit of Booth back in the day.
          rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Watch out for Itauma, and this is a great move because it puts him in the same gym and sparring regularly with AJ. To anybody who doesn’t think Davison is a good trainer, you’re wrong because top fighters keep going to him, and they know more about boxing than you lol.

He is 19. Think about that for a second….
            billeau2 billeau2 likes this.

Comment

Davison always seems to get his fighters at least a little better. He's doing something that works anyways.

Comment

Ben is a new breed of trainer so not surprised. Half these old school guys don't or claim to not watch film ffs.

Good move by Moses. Idk how far he gets but Ben is a great choice to reach whatever his ceiling turns out to be.
                CasperUK CasperUK billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

Originally posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
                  Davison always seems to get his fighters at least a little better. He's doing something that works anyways.
                  If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle
                  Imo the primary thing Ben is doing is some Sun Tzu sh^t.

Most of these trainers are simply present with knowledge. High level trainers get their guy in max shape & preparedness to fight. Ben gets his guys in max shape & preparedness to fight & with tactics & strategy for the specific opponent hes fighting. Idk that many cats are doing that at all or certainly not with the seriousness & consistency Ben is.

Comment

Davison's boxing brain really distinguishes him. Interested to see how far this goes.

Comment

Working...
                    X