Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Blogs > LEFTYGUNZZ
Rate this Entry

Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?

Posted 12-15-2009 at 11:06 AM by LEFTYGUNZZ
This blog is based upon the recent story posted "Fighting Words" - Tough Love: Jermain Taylor and DiBella
Hey fellas I have read the ariticle about JT and what Dibella said regarding the split and the change of promoters for Jermainís upcoming fight. I posted some of my thoughts in a thread here on BS. (see my post) After giving it some further thought I decided to make this one of the topics I will talk about on my show next week on "GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT RADIO" http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/72140

I can see where Dibella was coming from when he decided to make this move and I agree with him he cannot help how he feels about Jermain fighting on. I guess he just doesn't want to be associated with Don King or some other promoter we look at as a leech or a scuz bucket. To me it is the nature of the business. We are in the hurt business and every fighter makes the choice to risk his life every time he steps into the ring.

I can also see where JT is coming from in this particular situation. He signed up for this Super Six Tournament and is contracted for three fights minimum. He drew a hard match up in the first round with AA. A slick styled puncher with power in both hands. He was going into hostile territory and coming off a 12th round knockout loss to Carl Froch. JT was looking redeem himself and from what I saw and he spoke about worked tremendously on his stamina issues. in this fight stamina did not appear to be his problem.

It was dealing with the hard fought 12 rounds and taking some big shots. He managed to get out of a round where King Arthur had him hurt and hold on. He was behind on the cards going into the 12th but was looking to make it out on his feet when Abraham landed a straight right hand through the middle of Jermainís guard. Planting him down on his back with his arm straight in front of his face. It looked very brutal and had his family worried ring side.

Understanding both sides and what was said I see the only problem as it being public knowledge. To me if it was out of concern for a friend anf client than why put it out there for everyone to read? As for JT fighting on to me it makes sense. no fighter wants to go out on their back or their stool. Especially when they are still relatively young as JT is. He has the skill set to beat a lot of the top guys at SMW. He has a fight lined up with the man who beat the man Andre Ward.

From his prospective everything gets erased if he wins his next fight. He will once again become the man at SMW by beating the man. After suffering 3 losses in his last 4 fights to be in this position is fantastic for him. I don't see how he could pass it up unless he was not cleared to fight by a doctor. To me Ward has a different style and does not punch as hard as Froch, Abraham or Kessler. JT matches up well here. Like I said while I understand both points I would put my vote on JT's decision. A fighter risks serious injury and could be killed in his first pro fight with the first punch landed. They know those risks when they lace them gloves up.
Submit "Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?" to Facebook Submit "Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?" to Twitter Submit "Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?" to Digg Submit "Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?" to del.icio.us Submit "Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Jermain Taylor is he done? When should a promoter walk away?" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1487 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.