Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Briedis been DQ'd after throwing the elbow?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both elbow and back of the head punches were clearly intentional. I don't know why elbow would be a worse offense. If anything punches to the back of the head are more damaging to a fighter's health.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      Anyone got a gif?

Comment

Surely the fight will be changed to a NC? A KD so long after the bell can't stand. Glowacki should sue Byrd for incompetence.
        Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-15-2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Hell Yeah, he should have been disqualified; Because it was done very deliberately and intentionally. In any case, he should have been penalized at least a point or two. You can't allow that as a referee. These fighters are putting their health and lives into your hands in order to protect them from harm by enforcing the rules.

Comment

Nah, they were both fighting dirty. Punching to the back of the head is more dangerous than taking an elbow to the cheek. plus he milked it imo.

However, the refereeing was atrocious Don't expect anything less from Byrd.

Comment

Nope, in fact you could make a really good argument that Briedis did the right thing by retaliating. The only problem was that Glowacki had time to think about it and gave us his best Dirrell impression.
              This is a tough sport, if you don’t take care of yourself in there you end as Loma did against Salido or Kovalev did against Ward.

Comment

No DQ....but I believe the Pole team has every right to ask for a rematch. Not because of the elbow but because of the ref nkt hearing the bell. Glowacki really got bombed about 1 minute after the bell rang. He was hurt more by the 4 minute punch thsn the elbow.

Comment

Nope, I would say Breidis did the right thing in response to a fighter purposely fouling him.

Comment

Should be a NC but Glowacki's punches to the back of the head a far greater issue IMO.

Briedis was gonna murder him either way IMO.

I definitely want to see Briedis-Dorticos.

Comment

I think there's a good case for calling it a NC. Byrd is just horrible.

Comment

Working...
                      X