Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach To Charlo: You KO'd a Cripple, Wait Your Turn!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1012 View Post
    So what did you say when little Andre Ward dropped his belt rather than face Anthony Dirrell? You didn't say shi* because you DKSAB
    huh??? you mean when he moved up?? or when the WBC stripped him? and tried to make him champion Emertius

Ward won his WBC title by defeating Carl Froch in the finale of Showtime's Super Six tournament in 2011. He then successfully defended it last year with a dominating performance over long-time light heavyweight king Chad Dawson. He'd planned to defend it in January against Kelly Pavlik until a shoulder injury that required surgery forced its postponement.

Last month, the WBC stripped Ward of its belt and named him its champion emeritus. That move was a way for it to get sanctioning fees for two titles in the same class, a common trick for sanctioning bodies.

On Monday, though, Ward opted not to play that game. In a statement released through his publicist, Ward told the WBC he didn't want the emeritus title.

After careful thought and consideration with my family and team, I have decided to relinquish my WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Emeritus Title. As has been recently reported, the WBC elected to strip me of my world title belt, making the upcoming bout between Sakio Bika and Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant Super Middleweight Title. After consultation with my manager James Prince and attorney Josh Dubin, it is my belief that the WBC did not have the right to strip me of my World Title and name me Champion Emeritus. We voiced our position to the WBC, and after several discussions, have agreed to disagree with their interpretation of the facts and rules. In our opinion, we feel strongly that I did not violate the rules in any manner whatsoever.
    Ward is right, of course. For years, boxing's major sanctioning bodies have manipulated the sport unfairly and, on occasion, unlawfully, with the goal of maximizing revenue.
    \Promoters and television executives frequently scream about the horrors of the sanctioning bodies -- Currently, the WBA, the WBC, the WBO and the IBF are the four, ahem, major sanctioning groups -- but they're complicit because they play the game when it benefits them.

Comment

I like GGG but Sanchez...not so much. Besides when you consider Cotto-Martinez fight I'd say beating a one-legged fighter can do a lot for you in the middleweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing42 View Post
        LOL Don't expect any consistency with lil g fans, these same morons wanted canelo to give up 40% or more to BBB side but now that charlo ( a dangerous and low reward) fighter becomes mandatory they want him to "earn it"
        It is down right hilarious...same fans said jabs didnt count as much as power shots..now all the sudden WHAT ABOUT THE JABS DOE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clegg View Post
          i like ggg but sanchez...not so much. Besides when you consider cotto-martinez fight i'd say beating a one-legged fighter can do a lot for you in the middleweight division.
          lol...................

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            huh??? you mean when he moved up?? or when the WBC stripped him? and tried to make him champion Emertius

Ward won his WBC title by defeating Carl Froch in the finale of Showtime's Super Six tournament in 2011. He then successfully defended it last year with a dominating performance over long-time light heavyweight king Chad Dawson. He'd planned to defend it in January against Kelly Pavlik until a shoulder injury that required surgery forced its postponement.

Last month, the WBC stripped Ward of its belt and named him its champion emeritus. That move was a way for it to get sanctioning fees for two titles in the same class, a common trick for sanctioning bodies.

On Monday, though, Ward opted not to play that game. In a statement released through his publicist, Ward told the WBC he didn't want the emeritus title.

After careful thought and consideration with my family and team, I have decided to relinquish my WBC Super Middleweight World Champion Emeritus Title. As has been recently reported, the WBC elected to strip me of my world title belt, making the upcoming bout between Sakio Bika and Marco Antonio Periban for the vacant Super Middleweight Title. After consultation with my manager James Prince and attorney Josh Dubin, it is my belief that the WBC did not have the right to strip me of my World Title and name me Champion Emeritus. We voiced our position to the WBC, and after several discussions, have agreed to disagree with their interpretation of the facts and rules. In our opinion, we feel strongly that I did not violate the rules in any manner whatsoever.
            Ward is right, of course. For years, boxing's major sanctioning bodies have manipulated the sport unfairly and, on occasion, unlawfully, with the goal of maximizing revenue.
            \Promoters and television executives frequently scream about the horrors of the sanctioning bodies -- Currently, the WBA, the WBC, the WBO and the IBF are the four, ahem, major sanctioning groups -- but they're complicit because they play the game when it benefits them.
            "That's a good matchup," Ward told SI's Chris Mannix when asked about facing Dirrell. "But to be perfectly honest with you I don't have a lot of interest. I consider Anthony a good fighter, a brother. But the networks won't be interested."

Try to weasel your way out of that one. What you posted, btw, shows that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Comment

He is the mandatory..that was good enough for Wade to get a shot

they are making the exact same risk/reward decisions as everyone else

it is either..... justification, or an excuse

how did Kell Brook " earn " that shot ?

oh, the Eubank excuse.....

..... well then, what the hell did he do to " earn " that shot?

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                they are making the exact same risk/reward decisions as everyone else

it is either..... justification, or an excuse
                I just want them to admit he is high risk/low reward..its understandable

Comment

It is down right hilarious...same fans said jabs didnt count as much as power shots..now all the sudden WHAT ABOUT THE JABS DOE!!!

Comment

He is the mandatory..that was good enough for Wade to get a shot

Nope ... the IBF ordered GGG to defend against Wade, that's why he got a shot.

The WBC ordered Canelo to defend against GGG, that's why Canelo vacated.

Heiland, the cripple Charlo just beat, was WBC mando for over 2 years and he didn't get a shot. I didn't hear any of you guys complaining about that.

Comment

I just want them to admit he is high risk/low reward..its understandable

like they did with Ward ?

it will never happen

there is too much easy bullshht to spin

Comment

Working...
                      X