Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Gives Joshua The Edge To Beat Deontay Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^
    Too many aspects of the fight have Joshua blitzing Wilder. Everything from Wilder's bad case of the nerves to his total blank mind in regard to boxing basics early on in the fight. I would imagine Wilder just needs to hire a sports psychologist to clear his mind before fights, but there's definitely a disconnect somewhere upstairs with the guy. No doubt this would be bombs away for both fighters, but Wilder would be the one stretched out on the canvas in the early rounds, and the arena in England would be exploding with the Brit fans over the moon.

But then, Wilder has Ortiz problems. So we'll likely never see a Joshua/Wilder fight... but that doesn't mean a Joshua/Ortiz fight wouldn't be amazing as well.

Yep. My theory is that some trainers just aren't very good disciplinarians. And it isn't a stretch to see that many fighters HAVE to have strict disciplinarians to make them do the entire training regiment... or the trainer kicks them out of his gym. Permanently if necessary. Chad Dawson is one of the worst at not listening, as is Kovalev and obviously Wilder. But the list is too long to mention all of them. Yes, training camp is tough, but the huge test on fight night is easier because of that.
    The difference between A level and B level is personilization... making the adjustments in the ring when they need to be made. Wilder has one weapon and it can be avoided. A level guys will avoid his punch. Guys like Stiverne and Aeriolla don't make adjustments in the ring.

Comment

Quote:
      Quote:
      ^^^ This ^^^
      Too many aspects of the fight have Joshua blitzing Wilder. Everything from Wilder's bad case of the nerves to his total blank mind in regard to boxing basics early on in the fight. I would imagine Wilder just needs to hire a sports psychologist to clear his mind before fights, but there's definitely a disconnect somewhere upstairs with the guy. No doubt this would be bombs away for both fighters, but Wilder would be the one stretched out on the canvas in the early rounds, and the arena in England would be exploding with the Brit fans over the moon.

But then, Wilder has Ortiz problems. So we'll likely never see a Joshua/Wilder fight... but that doesn't mean a Joshua/Ortiz fight wouldn't be amazing as well.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JRB123 View Post
      This right here
      How does a pro fighter that's nearly 40 fights in his career have such sloppy form? Either Breland and Jay Deas aren't as good as some have thought, or Wilder doesn't listen to them.
      Either way, AJ would beat Wilder if they ever meet

Yep. My theory is that some trainers just aren't very good disciplinarians. And it isn't a stretch to see that many fighters HAVE to have strict disciplinarians to make them do the entire training regiment... or the trainer kicks them out of his gym. Permanently if necessary. Chad Dawson is one of the worst at not listening, as is Kovalev and obviously Wilder. But the list is too long to mention all of them. Yes, training camp is tough, but the huge test on fight night is easier because of that.

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      The difference between A level and B level is personilization... making the adjustments in the ring when they need to be made. Wilder has one weapon and it can be avoided. A level guys will avoid his punch. Guys like Stiverne and Aeriolla don't make adjustments in the ring.
      Yep. Excellent analogy.

Comment

You have to give Joshua the edge. He's the overall superior boxer. Wilder has a puncher's chance is all.

Comment

Ortiz has the chance to beat both wilder and AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo7 View Post
            You have to give Joshua the edge. He's the overall superior boxer. Wilder has a puncher's chance is all.
            Yall keep saying this, but this isnt the welterweight division... in the heavyweights its not about who can outbox the other one. Its about who can land the right punch at the right time, who has the most power? AJ and Wilder both have insane power (i'll give the slight edge to wilder in that). its about who can take it the best and deliver the punches the hardest.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              Yall keep saying this, but this isnt the welterweight division... in the heavyweights its not about who can outbox the other one. Its about who can land the right punch at the right time, who has the most power? AJ and Wilder both have insane power (i'll give the slight edge to wilder in that). its about who can take it the best and deliver the punches the hardest.
              The one who lands the more significant punches is the one who SETS up the punches better and has much more ability to gage distance to still land on an opponent while giving the opponent less target to hit . HUGE edge to Joshua who also took numerous Klitchko right hands which tells us the slow starter Wilder vs the fast starter Joshua is not in his favor either style wise .

Wilder is and will never be better than Klitchko no matter how you guys try and spin this , against an improving Joshua , clearly Joshua is going to be the favored here .Joshua has the abilities to FORCE mistakes , when was the last time you saw Wilder just blitz an over matched opponent inside 3 rnds without struggling? because Joshua also has that ability ! Most Wilder fights go way longer than what they should and that is not going to hold up well if Joshua decides to try and put it on him early .

Wilder has to WAIT until mistakes happen or until he gages distance to start getting fluid ,just look at the Molina and Spzilka fights as well as Washington .
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-16-2017, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                Ortiz has the chance to beat both wilder and AJ
                Ortiz is washed up....his legs are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Ortiz is washed up....his legs are gone.
                  Even without legs he would be Wilders best opponent , boxing in a wheel chair . The big question is what is Ortiz going to do now ? I heard he liked to dance ,hopefully his team takes care of him and they didn't have to amputate anything .

Best wishes to Ortiz ,hope he walks again !
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-16-2017, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                    That's not saying much. I would give half the guys on this forum the edge to beat wilder. Wilder isn't anywhere close to Joshua's level.
                    Yeah....I with you my fellow Dr of the Sweet Science but Tyson Fury was the one who exposed Wlad and Father Time.....aj just performed mop up duty......now AJ will systematically dismantle deontayduckus wilderquackus because deontayduckus has no pedigree

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                      Do you know Wilder have the power, the equalizer punch to TKO/KO Joshua? I have this match up 55/45 in favor of Joshua. This fight is winnable for Anthony Joshua; but, he got no room for slips ups, because in one of those, Joshua is going to sleep. I hope Wilder and Joshua win their respective fights and begin 2018 strap season.
                      Alright My Fellow Dr of the Sweet Science but AJ has more.pedigree than deontayduckus wilderquackus that is just for starters.....AJ decisively beat The Man who had a stranglehold on the Heavyweight Division for over a decade....Tyson Fury blueprinted Wlad and AJ performed mop up duty.....AJ still had to execute though......which brings us to the present.....did you see how AJ laid it on the line vs Wlad????.....heart and true grit plus technic......AJ was technical...surgical...I like to sprinkle some father time on there but that is not AJs fault..he still had to pull the trigger...deontayduckus is a windmill. Deontayduckus is a duck....deontayduckus never dared to be great against Wlad.....AJs left hook is a sleeper....His chin....$#!+....if I would have hit the canvas I would have pulled a steve miller.and taken the money and run....AJ is no joke when he has youth on his side.. dont forget that sleeper left.hook
                      Last edited by TexasCowBoy; 09-17-2017, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X