Cotto interview with Fight Hype: "Without a doubt Mayweather the best I fought"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    I am not disputing what cott o says.
    I have acknowledged cott o saying floyd is best he fought, but cott o doesn't say he thinks floyd is best of era because other things come into equation. citto isn't sayin g floyd has best resume or took most risks in his career.
    When jmm says Pac is best of era floyd fans make all manner of excuses from jmm is liar, through to jmm would say that as he koed pac so makes jmm look better?

I agree, Floyd fans say anything they can to discredit Pac, Marquez and other great fighters.

All I'm saying is that Cotto said Mayweather was the best he faced, and Marquez said Pac was the best he faced. They were the ones in the ring and we're just spectators.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      I appreciate it man.

R.I.P. to Dimebag and Vinnie.

It's cool that you got to see Pantera with Skid Row. I became a fan right around high school, I only had one chance to see them live before they broke up and I missed out.

But I'll always rock out to Pantera. One of favorites of all-time. I have all their CDs.
      Brother one of the best fughin shows I have ever seen
      Skid fughin Row right before Slaves to the Grind came out
      Pantera had just released A Vulgar fughin Display of Power
      Just incredible , Phil was at the top of his game
      Fughin incredible
      Cool to see a younger generation keeping the weirdos alive
      Tip my hat to you
      Keep rocking don’t ever stop brother
      Real music not in front of your pc , you know what I mean

Comment

I always liked Cotto.

Mayweather vs Cotto was an entertaining fight and while Cotto bashed him in spurts Mayweather showed his exceptional technical quality.

Cotto dealt first hand with how hard it is to hit Floyd....even when he's right in front of you with his back to the ropes.

Pacquaio tko'd Cotto whereas Mayweather only won a decision....who cares! This thread is about HOF Cotto sharing his opinion. He said Mayweather Jr was the best he faces......... That's his opinion and Cotto has done more than enough in boxing that we should respect his opinion.

Hespec to Cotto.

Pacquiao just had a great knock out win and is a legend who happens to be a multi-millionaire and successful politition.

He doesn't need defending! He is an 8 division champion!

Cotto says May is the best he faced. I say thanks for posting the Cotto video, as a boxing fan it's always interesting for me to see what boxers say about these things.

Comment

Place yourself in Cotto's shoes. One guy stopped you and the other you went the distance. Oh the guy I went the distance with was the best. I rate Floyd above Manny all time, but this doesn't make a lot of sense coming from Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
            Place yourself in Cotto's shoes. One guy stopped you and the other you went the distance. Oh the guy I went the distance with was the best. I rate Floyd above Manny all time, but this doesn't make a lot of sense coming from Cotto.
            One guy stopping you could mean he hits harder than the guy you went the distance with. It doesn't make him better.

The question was about the best fighter he fought, not the one that hit hardest.

Comment

Well if he hits harder then that's something to take into consideration, not to dismiss. Pacquiao is better because he hits harder, follows then logically.

Comment

Cotto probably doesn't respect PEDQUIAO or MARGACHEATO for the same reasons.

Not surprised he would pay homage to the TBE.

Comment

Well it also has the effect of diminishing how Manny KTFO him so yeah it is no surprise I agree.

Comment

Well their you have it. Another professional saying that Floyd is better then Manny.

Floyd is TBE and Manny is laying in a hospital trying to get crack and PED's pumped out of his heart..

Comment

Miguel Cotto Dec 2017

BEST JAB
                      Ricardo Torres:
                      I think the best jab was Ricardo Torres, the guy from Colombia. He caught me with good jabs in the fight.

BEST DEFENSE
                      Floyd Mayweather Jr
                      : He was so slippery in every moment of the fight. It was so difficult to get to him.

HAND SPEED
                      Paulie Malignaggi
                      : I think Paulie Malignaggi was one of the quickest guys I ever faced. At the time of our fight he came in really good shape. He came in good condition and he made me work really hard to beat him.

BEST FOOTWORK
                      Manny Pacquiao
                      : I think Manny. He was so quick to get around. To hit him was very difficult for me because he moved so well.

BEST CHIN
                      Yoshihiro Kamegai
                      : I hit Mayorga so hard it was so hard to believe he was still standing in front of me, but I think Kamegai had the best chin. I punched him with all my best and flush shots and the guy kept coming.

SMARTEST
                      Mayweather
                      : No doubt, Floyd Mayweather. You can catch him with one good shot, but it is so hard to catch him twice that it makes me believe he is the smartest one.

STRONGEST
                      Ricardo Mayorga
                      : Mayorga was the strongest opponent I ever faced. I put my hands on him and he didn’t move. He was solid as a rock.

BEST PUNCHER
                      Randall Bailey
                      : This guy Randall Bailey, in my first title defense back in 2004. He caught me with a good right hand but I handled it well and I did my job.

BEST SKILLS
                      Mayweather
                      : Boxing and fundamentals, I would say Mayweather. The difficulty with Mayweather is that he’s so hard to catch him twice with the same mistake. He had very good skills. He had all the shots.

BEST OVERALL
                      Mayweather
                      : I think Floyd. He was smarter than everyone else. He was a really good boxer. He did everything about as well as anybody.

Comment

Working...
                      X