No announcement yet.

Cotto interview with Fight Hype: "Without a doubt Mayweather the best I fought"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    I love miguel. He said floyd is the best he fought. He never said floyd has best resume or is the greatest.
    Pac s best of era
    Grow up you ******, all these years and youre still an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
      Grow up you ******, all these years and youre still an idiot.
      Boooooooooom!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        All I do is speak facts, I literally do not make anything up..Floyd fought and beat them all
        I feel I'm repeating myself but floyd did fight people at right time when they were past prime mostly or bloated or drained them and he did lose a couple of so fight in many people's opinions, firstly to castillo.
        Plus he didn't best as good fighters as pac did, i e prime Barrera coming off 9 wins.
        And pac s 3 wins over jmm and bradley. Pac just did everything on a grander scale
        Last edited by hugh grant; 07-20-2018, 05:00 PM.

Comment

cottos a god damn liar. it was daniel geale

Comment

Joto fought a stupid fight against the woman beater *Floyd. Bouncing around on his toes as if that's how he always fought. Another big moment in the fight that made him really look like a joto he really is was when he picked up the woman beater *Floyd and then put him back down. What a sucka move. Joto gave the woman beater *Floyd respect he doesn't deserve. I remember watching Joto throw Clottey down and always thought if the woman beater *Floyd ever tried to do something like this to Joto he'd get throw on the ground just like Clottey. When it finally had a chance to happen, Joto picks up the womane beater *Floyd, then sets him back down to give him a high five, what a joto. Joto with his uncle or Joto with Roach would've been his best chances to beat the woman beater *Floyd.

Comment

1- how can you cherry pick

Mosley-p4p #3-(who pac foght 2 fights later)
              Hatton-p4p top 10 undefeated-(who pac fought later)
              Oscar 154 wbc champ(who manny foguth 2 fights later)
              Manny himself who was p4p#2 and WBO champ
              Jmm-p4p #2 (WHO MANNY FOUGHT 2 TIMES LATER)
              Canelo-wbc.wba 154 champ and top 10 p4p champ undefeated
              corrales-top 5 p4p, undefeated
              Cotto-wba champ
              Castillo-lineal/wbc 135 champ

how do you cherry pick that?

and I have said 0 about PED'S PERIOD SO WHY ADDRESS THAT TO ME?
              which of those guys were in their primes though larry? how can you cherry pick...did you really just ask that? the guys were old larry old! thats how you cherry pick. you wait until an old past it guy grabs a belt, or gets a win or two then you strike knowing he is not the same. we all know those guys were not the same fighters as they used to be. why don't you?

oh yeah and before you start with floyd was old too! it doesnt work that way. what matters is the quality of your opponent. if an old duran had beat an old sugar ray leonard guess what that would be worth? not much. but he did it against a prime leonard and thats why he is great! we shouldn't water down boxing by proclaiming any cherry picker a great fighter without holding him to the same standards as everyone else. floyd's a calzaghe, a vitali. not bad fighters at all but if your best prime wins are corrales, castillo, and guys moving up in weight you are not with the greats.
              Last edited by daggum; 07-20-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                which of those guys were in their primes though larry? how can you cherry pick...did you really just ask that? the guys were old larry old! thats how you cherry pick. you wait until an old past it guy grabs a belt, or gets a win or two then you strike knowing he is not the same. we all know those guys were not the same fighters as they used to be. why don't you?

oh yeah and before you start with floyd was old too! it doesnt work that way. what matters is the quality of your opponent. if an old duran had beat an old sugar ray leonard guess what that would be worth? not much. but he did it against a prime leonard and thats why he is great! we shouldn't water down boxing by proclaiming any cherry picker a great fighter without holding him to the same standards as everyone else. floyd's a calzaghe, a vitali. not bad fighters at all but not with the greats.
                Castillo
                Corrales
                Canelo
                Judah

all prime

Mosley
                Jmm
                Pacquiao

all top 3 pfp and world champions

Comment

1- how can you cherry pick

Mosley-p4p #3-(who pac foght 2 fights later)
                  Hatton-p4p top 10 undefeated-(who pac fought later)
                  Oscar 154 wbc champ(who manny foguth 2 fights later)
                  Manny himself who was p4p#2 and WBO champ
                  Jmm-p4p #2 (WHO MANNY FOUGHT 2 TIMES LATER)
                  Canelo-wbc.wba 154 champ and top 10 p4p champ undefeated
                  corrales-top 5 p4p, undefeated
                  Cotto-wba champ
                  Castillo-lineal/wbc 135 champ

how do you cherry pick that?

and I have said 0 about PED'S PERIOD SO WHY ADDRESS THAT TO ME?
                  Ricky Hatton wasn't a welterweight. He was a 140 lber who moved up to fight Floyd.

Juan Manuel Marquez was fighting at 130 before moving up to 135 for a year. Then, he moved up two weight classes for a catchweight fight (which Floyd didn't even make). That's a lot of weight for a little guy to move up. Just as we don't hype Loma's win over Rigo, we definitely don't do that here for this fight.

Cotto was probably his best win, if we're being honest here.

Castillo
                  Corrales
                  Canelo
                  Judah

all prime

Mosley
                  Jmm
                  Pacquiao

all top 3 pfp and world champions

Canelo was definitely not, "prime".

by definition: of the best possible quality; excellent.

He was 23 years old and fighting at a catch-weight. That is not his best. Not to mention, a boxer's physical prime will probably peak at around 27~ years of age. It was a great win but to claim he was in his prime is meh.

I don't know why you keep bringing up JMM.

Mosley was shot and already lost like 5 times. He had a robbery win against ODLH in their second fight, too, despite being juiced up.

Pacquiao vs. Floyd happened past both their primes, not to mention Pacquiao is the smaller fighter.
                  Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 07-20-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I still don't get why people keep saying Mosley was shot. After that 9 round mauling of Margarito who was the 4-2 favorite, which writers and pundits was saying "Well it doesn't matter, Mosley is still shot"? IIRC Mosley was slated to fight the then undefeated Andre Berto after that fight, that's how hot he was.

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
                      One name:

Pacquiao

Unfortunately according to Cotto it's someone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X