No announcement yet.

Cotto interview with Fight Hype: "Without a doubt Mayweather the best I fought"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    After all these years I still can't work out if this guy is a great troll or just has an IQ of 10.
    I'm a boxing fan and floyd fan. I just wish he did more. I would like floyd to challenge himself more to reach potential.
    I think you know I'm not a troll as I could easily star t troll threads like floyd fans do everyday if I was that way inclined.
    Last edited by hugh grant; 07-21-2018, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Cotto was in the ring with these opponents, he knows best. His opinion might seem strange to fans since he was more competitive against Floyd than he was against Pacquiao and he also took a beating against Margarito.

It's like Marquez when he said Pacquiao was the best he ever faced, even though Marquez pretty much got dominated by Floyd, while Pac stuggled and went life and death with him, and Marquez knocked him out in their fourth fight.

What we see on screen is different than what fighters see in the ring. There might also be bitterness or arbitrary feelings that cause fighters to give more credit to some opponents and not others. Example, James Toney gives Roy Jones very little credit, mostly due to butthurt, clearly.

Give Cotto the benefit of the doubt, he's the one who went to battle against all these guys, we're just fans watching on a screen. It's very arrogant for us to say, "no that wasn't his best opponent, it was this guy!"

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Cotto was in the ring with these opponents, he knows best. His opinion might seem strange to fans since he was more competitive against Floyd than he was against Pacquiao and he also took a beating against Margarito.

It's like Marquez when he said Pacquiao was the best he ever faced, even though Marquez pretty much got dominated by Floyd, while Pac stuggled and went life and death with him, and Marquez knocked him out in their fourth fight.

What we see on screen is different than what fighters see in the ring. There might also be bitterness or arbitrary feelings that cause fighters to give more credit to some opponents and not others. Example, James Toney gives Roy Jones very little credit, mostly due to butthurt, clearly.

Give Cotto the benefit of the doubt, he's the one who went to battle against all these guys, we're just fans watching on a screen. It's very arrogant for us to say, "no that wasn't his best opponent, it was this guy!"
        I am not disputing what cott o says.
        I have acknowledged cott o saying floyd is best he fought, but cott o doesn't say he thinks floyd is best of era because other things come into equation. citto isn't sayin g floyd has best resume or took most risks in his career.
        When jmm says Pac is best of era floyd fans make all manner of excuses from jmm is liar, through to jmm would say that as he koed pac so makes jmm look better?
        Last edited by hugh grant; 07-21-2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
          Jmm said PAC is without doubt best of era.
          Same Marquez who told Manny right to his face he wouldn't beat Floyd.

You simply cannot be "the best of era" when there's six ways to beat you.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post

You , Dimebag and Vinny r class fughin acts
            Not many people get in that square and get caught or dish it out
            But still takes big fughin balls just to get in there
            Caught Pantera on their first big outing opening for Skid fughin Row
            Loved them from the cowboy days
            Darrell came out with a big fughin joint
            The Verdun Auditorium Montreal fughin Canada
            One of the best shows I have ever seen
            Slave to The Grind mofo

Comment

And yeah Miguel «* Angel «* Cotto
              Yeah he was exciting to watch
              Mofo was awesome
              God bless him and thank you for all the wars
              Truly a warrior

Comment

If Cotto was really honest. He will realise that the best he has fought is the one who beat him up the most and it's not Floyd lol

#BEREAL

Comment

Pac drained Cotto down to 145 lbs which made a big difference and is suspect of using PEDs, while Mayweather went to 154 to face him. That's why Mayweather is the best Cotto fought.

Comment

Originally posted by bobo_bobo View Post
                    Pac drained Cotto down to 145 lbs which made a big difference and is suspect of using PEDs, while Mayweather went to 154 to face him. That's why Mayweather is the best Cotto fought.
                    Not really. If you know Cotto's previous fight weight before his fight with Pacquiao. He weighed in @ 146 for the weigh in. It was just 1 pound difference from his last fight prior to the Pacquio fight. So people using this argument is exaggerating.

https://www.boxingscene.com/media/sh...hp/photo/22493

Cotto vs. Clottey

New York - WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto weighed 146-pounds for title defense against former champion Joshua Clottey of Ghana. Clottey weighed in at the welterweight limit of 147. They clash in the main event on Saturday night at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Last edited by Spoon23; 07-21-2018, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                      You , Dimebag and Vinny r class fughin acts
                      Not many people get in that square and get caught or dish it out
                      But still takes big fughin balls just to get in there
                      Caught Pantera on their first big outing opening for Skid fughin Row
                      Loved them from the cowboy days
                      Darrell came out with a big fughin joint
                      The Verdun Auditorium Montreal fughin Canada
                      One of the best shows I have ever seen
                      Slave to The Grind mofo

I appreciate it man.

R.I.P. to Dimebag and Vinnie.

It's cool that you got to see Pantera with Skid Row. I became a fan right around high school, I only had one chance to see them live before they broke up and I missed out.

But I'll always rock out to Pantera. One of favorites of all-time. I have all their CDs.

Comment

Working...
                      X