Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your opinion will never be changed no matter what

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. De La Hoya should've stuck with his game plan of boxing and moving against Trinidad and would've won a close decision then.

2. Hagler is the best middleweight ever.

3. Lennox Lewis is a top 10-20 ATG heavyweight

4. Adonis Stevenson should either fight Kovalev next or be stripped as lineal light heavyweight champion, as that's what that distinction means, fighting the best.

5. Mayweather should've fought Margarito when he was a contender and threat after his win over Cotto and also fought Williams at that time, instead of temporarily retiring and fought Cotto, Mosley and Pacquiao sooner.

6. Same day weigh ins should be brought back.

7. Catchweights should be illegal in boxing today, as there are so many weight classes that there is a shorter gap between them.

8. Cotto should fight Alvarez, then Golovkin or vice versa, at 160 or be stripped.

9. Even though it was close, Leonard beat Hagler, but only because he waited until Hagler was well past his prime to fight him.

10. Julio Cesar Chavez should've been sent to a neutral corner and Meldrick Taylor earned those extra 2 seconds against him.

11. Even though he has similarly injured at least 1 girlfriend the same way, I sill believe Tyson did rape Desiree Washington, as her injuries were consistent with rape.

12. That there should be only one champion per weight class and a national boxing commission.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
      The unseen prime ali the one that would have existed during his exile humiliates the best of Mike Tyson utilizing unseen speed of hand and foot.
      Tyson could not change his angle of attack while on the move. He was fantastic with small angles and small steps. Young Ali would present much steepr angles. By the time Tyson reset, the new angle would be useless. The opponents prime Tyson struggled with were all about Ali's height but they were not Ali.

Comment

Oh Lord, I'm getting high off the stench of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          You are entitled to your opinions Bill and i respect them.. yet i could rip them to smitherines. would i change your opinions NOPE!

That is why boxing is such a magical sport
          Sonny, thats a left handed compliment...I doubt you could rip any opinion to smithereens considering it is an 'opinion' and not a statement of fact. its important to understand the difference.

For example, Stevenson could obviously do a lot in the ring...Someone like Ray might feel that Stevenson did not demonstrate enough skill sets to show his professional status would be dominant....But because Stevenson never became a professional we simply will never know.

Opinions are just that. How do we know if Tyson punched harder than Dempsey? Or who the hardest puncher might be? thats what makes opinions what they are....

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            I think that is one in which there is certainly enough evidence that I won't have my opinion changed.

That, along with the Maidana fight being one of the most satisfying victories in boxing I can ever remember.

All the evidence you need for that can be seen in the run up to the fight until the first bell rings.
            I actually met Adrien Broner in Las Vegas and he was incredibly pleasant.

Maybe he was acting, but he was with Sam Watson and about 5 or 6 of his friends so he had every reason to be a prick but instead he was a gentleman and extremely cool.

Comment

Jose Luis Castillo was slumped against the ropes at he end of Corrales fight and should have been given an 8 count. If those shots hit him in the middle of the ring he would have gone down. The ropes held him up, which still counts as a KD.

I realise i might be the only person to think this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I actually met Adrien Broner in Las Vegas and he was incredibly pleasant.

Maybe he was acting, but he was with Sam Watson and about 5 or 6 of his friends so he had every reason to be a prick but instead he was a gentleman and extremely cool.
                I think hes acting when hes doing the whole gangsta bit tbh. Doesnt look comfortable in that role at all

Comment

Working...
                X