Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nunes: Ronda Rousey Was Overrated, UFC Made Her Like That!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Taktarov is Russian Judo (Sambo). Bill Superfoot Wallace also used wrestling to make life misrable for a Judo instructor when he was in the service lol. Wrestlers not only have a low center of balance, they can really extend it. Judo players naturally want a high center of balance to get under.
    I also forgot Remco Pardoe who has a black belt in judo ,he arm dragged Marco Ruas with a leverage throw and had him down for some time but couldn't capitize on it .

Comment

Taktarov is Russian Judo (Sambo). Bill Superfoot Wallace also used wrestling to make life misrable for a Judo instructor when he was in the service lol. Wrestlers not only have a low center of balance, they can really extend it. Judo players naturally want a high center of balance to get under.
      I remember Wallace doing commentary on UFC 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        I remember Wallace doing commentary on UFC 1.
        he was allegedly never beat. Nobody could get by his damn left leg! I love round kicks. They really are hard to block because of the angle they fly in at. Way before Ronda had the armbar from hell that nobody could seem to thwart, superfoot was kicking people in the head from impossible places.

Comment

Speaking of UFC 1 commentary, how good a kickboxer was Kathy Long? I only know her from her movies and 2-0 MMA record.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            Speaking of UFC 1 commentary, how good a kickboxer was Kathy Long? I only know her from her movies and 2-0 MMA record.
            I used to have an old VHS tape with a fight of hers on it. It was 2 fights, hers, and Dennis Alexio fighting Branko Cikatic.

I cant recall specifics, but she won easily.

Comment

Sounds familiar, I might have watched that too, from a PPV show.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                I used to have an old VHS tape with a fight of hers on it. It was 2 fights, hers, and Dennis Alexio fighting Branko Cikatic.

I cant recall specifics, but she won easily.
                UFC offered Alexio 10 G's the bald guy in my Avatar was Muay Thai world champion they offered him 500 or 1,000 for UFC 1 too. They settled for Gerard Gordeau .
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-14-2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

he was allegedly never beat. Nobody could get by his damn left leg! I love round kicks. They really are hard to block because of the angle they fly in at. Way before Ronda had the armbar from hell that nobody could seem to thwart, superfoot was kicking people in the head from impossible places.
                  What gets me is dumbed down ppl actually think the more popular you are the better martial artist you must be,like you have to be in movies or you must be a fake ? Or if your in movies you must be an actor not a real martial artists ? lol I remember my Sensai getting inducted into the hall of fame and my father asked what movies he was in ?

Its virtually impossible to determine who the best martial artist is unless they fought without any rules . Norris himself admits the arts have advanced in modern era ,i certainly agree with this . Personally i would pick Frank Dux over anyone as a popular figure over all the others based on ppl i know and martial artist who dont B.S who have trained with the man who i personally met ,that weren't seminars but true dojo training behing doors .

Theres many techniques to consider that ppl think are fake ,myself included believed pressure points were not effective until iseen it put a 250 man to sleep with a wrist lock that put him down applied with a nerve pressing in between the guys jaw bone and neck ....literally out cold (That was my Sensai and a real fight out of no where ) Even though some ppl arent effected by them (im one ) they work , as does Wallaces kicks as does Rouseys arm bars this is what made them good fighters .

Lee was the pioneer of a MMA fight system and from then to now we are more refined with the transitions of different skills used . You have to be good to win any top promo title ,this entire Rousey debate is nonsensical to those who know you just dont walk in the cage and leave a champion and say that person must not have been good ? lol
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-14-2017, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    What gets me is dumbed down ppl actually think the more popular you are the better martial artist you must be,like you have to be in movies or you must be a fake ? Or if your in movies you must be an actor not a real martial artists ? lol I remember my Sensai getting inducted into the hall of fame and my father asked what movies he was in ?

Its virtually impossible to determine who the best martial artist is unless they fought without any rules . Norris himself admits the arts have advanced in modern era ,i certainly agree with this . Personally i would pick Frank Dux over anyone as a popular figure over all the others based on ppl i know and martial artist who dont B.S who have trained with the man who i personally met ,that weren't seminars but true dojo training behing doors .

Theres many techniques to consider that ppl think are fake ,myself included believed pressure points were not effective until iseen it put a 250 man to sleep with a wrist lock that put him down applied with a nerve pressing in between the guys jaw bone and neck ....literally out cold (That was my Sensai and a real fight out of no where ) Even though some ppl arent effected by them (im one ) they work , as does Wallaces kicks as does Rouseys arm bars this is what made them good fighters .

Lee was the pioneer of a MMA fight system and from then to now we are more refined with the transitions of different skills used . You have to be good to win any top promo title ,this entire Rousey debate is nonsensical to those who know you just dont walk in the cage and leave a champion and say that person must not have been good ? lol
                    Martial arts are progressive. If the arts don't get better they die out. Yes people's perceptions as opposed to the reality of martial arts are very different. This also goes for fighters. Kata itself is a root that is supposed to be embellished to represent the points the teacher wants to emphasize in the art. More like a textbook that changes dynamically and each student has memorized in the muscle memory. its never that people fight with kata.

Pressure points are fine if you can use them in a way where, if they are not reliable you don't fvk yourself. For example, that point on the wrist can be grabbed from the side, even put into sankyo, where the arm and elbow is temporarily unbalanced, so when a point on the jawline is struck it does not put you out in front of the guy for a counter if he does not react right away to the point.

When we worked with them we learned not to depend on smacking them hard...just like applying choke with perfect technique. This taught one to depend on really penetrating into the point so the attack on the point, whether grab, rub or hit was accurate.

In Japanese blade work you always attack the seams because the armor cannot protect them, but in Koshi you attack the pressure points and in Koppo the bone targets, its all good, flesh grabs work well with pp as well.

A lot of the rolling take downs Dux does are excellent techniques actually. Very dangerous and effective and unexpected. They also transition very well to leg lock and break techniques. I saw some of these and was impressed. People tend to think of ground fighting in very limited ways lol.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                      UFC offered Alexio 10 G's the bald guy in my Avatar was Muay Thai world champion they offered him 500 or 1,000 for UFC 1 too. They settled for Gerard Gordeau .
                      Im suprised they actually approached a legit Thai fighter. The Dog Brothers offered to put on full contact weapon fights...they have been doing this for years, with no serious injuries, because people respect certain rules of the pak so to speak....but its full contact with sticks, usually. The UFC didn't want any part of it...too dangerous! lol. There were fighters who asked to fight and were denied because they were too dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X