No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    He was significantly better for 3 of 5 rounds.

Dominated the fight when both were fresh and utterly toyed with Diaz for 9 of the first 10 minutes, putting him on his ass multiple times. Diaz only has success when his stamina advantage kicks in.

Don't worry about it, it's just the clear reality.
    Which means Nate would've been great in the early days of the UFC, when there were no time limits. Probably would've won a lot of subs in long fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      You're allowed to miss weight by 1lb in UFC. Strange rule but they do it under the belief that 'not all scales are totally accurate'

I'll be interested to see how Nate takes those punches at 155. He got dropped multiple times in this fight despite being the far bigger man and McGregor being blown up.

The Dos Anjos plan of 'leg kick Diaz to death' was put to good use tonight also.
      Yeah MMA in general and boxing also allows a fighter to go up to one pound over. Anything higher is considered missing weight usually.

Comment

• Was Nate already at 170 before this fight? Or was that Nate's first fight at 170 too (their first fight)? I remember Nate being a perennial fringe contender at 155, but never breaking through... Always a tough stylistic matchup for just about anyone, though.

He definitely looks like a natural, big 170 pounder who was probably walking around close to 190 tonight.

Connor probably didn't even rehydrate - as he was eating full meals right up to the weigh in.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          Was Nate already at 170 before this fight? Or was that Nate's first fight at 170 too (their first fight)? I remember Nate being a perennial fringe contender at 155, but never breaking through... Always a tough stylistic matchup for just about anyone, though.

He definitely looks like a natural, big 170 pounder who was probably walking around close to 190 tonight.

Connor probably didn't even rehydrate - as he was eating full meals right up to the weigh in.
          Nate used to fight at 170, yeah.

Moved down to 155, but you can see how much bigger he is than McGregor who isn't exactly small.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
            The much better guy? Lmaoooooooo.

The much better guy at this point has gotten choked out in two rounds and has now won in an unimpressive fashion. Diaz still owns mcgregor's soul. Barely winning tonight didn't change that.

You have really low standards if you think mcgregor is so much better. I'd expect the much better guy to destroy his opponent.
            You don't seem to be giving McGregor any credit. He put Diaz down three times, weathered a redux of his worst nightmare and showed a great deal of heart and determination in the process. You a fight fan or a fanboy?

Comment

• What a great fight. Both guys had their moments, I thought Diaz did enough to win, but the fight was so close I can't complain about McGregor winning.

The 4th round was crucial and Conor pulled through and won that round. Diaz closed the show better and won the last round but he started off too slow and unfortunately for him, rounds are scored individually.

I hope we get a 3rd fight somewhere down the line, but McGregor either needs to defend his title or move up already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                What a great fight. Both guys had their moments, I thought Diaz did enough to win, but the fight was so close I can't complain about McGregor winning.

The 4th round was crucial and Conor pulled through and won that round. Diaz closed the show better and won the last round but he started off too slow and unfortunately for him, rounds are scored individually.

I hope we get a 3rd fight somewhere down the line, but McGregor either needs to defend his title or move up already.
                I bet you had an orgasm in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Great, great fight. They both went into the depths of hell in that one.

2nd was the swing round. Thought the the other 4 rounds were easy to call. Conor won most of the 2nd but there was a huge momentum swing right at the end.

Thought Conor was a dead man walking after the 3rd. But Nate didn't come out all guns blazing in the 4th like he needed to. If he had, he would have finished Conor, but maybe he had emptied the tank as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by led View Post
                    I bet you had an orgasm in the 3rd round.
                    Yes I did, but I blew my load too early and couldn't get hard enough in time for the 4th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Great, great fight. They both went into the depths of hell in that one.

2nd was the swing round. Thought the the other 4 rounds were easy to call. Conor won most of the 2nd but there was a huge momentum swing right at the end.

Thought Conor was a dead man walking after the 3rd. But Nate didn't come out all guns blazing in the 4th like he needed to. If he had, he would have finished Conor, but maybe he had emptied the tank as well.
                      I'm not sure how the 2nd can be remotely debatable.

Some moderate success and dirty boxing from the clinch for 30 seconds does not even come close to 4 minutes of domination and 2 knockdowns.

All Diaz managed with his burst was to prevent another 10-8 round.

Comment

Working...
                      X