Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah, you're that anti-McGregor guy from the other thread? Never mind.

I have zero interest in listening to trolling.

Comment

• Comment

• I scored the fight even. Conor clearly won rounds 1 and 4. He edged round 2 as well based on the two knockdowns but Nate came on strong at the end of round 2. So 3 rounds to Conor. I felt that Nate won the third round 10-8 based on the fact that Nate had Conor in a lot of trouble. When you are watching both the fighters and the referee (wondering if he might stop it) then you have grounds for a 10-8. It was one of those rounds where you are left wondering what if there was another 20 or 30 seconds.
        Nate edged the last round through physical size and guts. So 3 rounds to Nate.
        Draw.

I can also accept someone not scoring round 3 to Nate 10-8 which then gives the decision to Conor. I can also understand someone scoring round 2 to Nate despite the knockdowns considering Conor was visibly hurt at the end of round two. That method of scoring doesn't apply in boxing where knockdowns overrule everything. In MMA you could score round two to Nate and end up with him winning by a point.

Respect to both fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
          No way did he "clearly" win Round 4. No. "Clearly" would be what he did in Round 1. That didn't happen and you know it.

The fact that Diaz even GOT McGregor up on the cage makes it no way a clear round.

I'll accept a swing round in 4 and 5 where it could have gone either way. But some of you are blind to this guy. He got exposed last night - piss poor stamina, limited moveset (for some reason, I know he can do more than that) and getting rocked by Nate Diaz was laughable.

Ignoring all of the punches, elbows and knees Diaz threw in the clinch is bias, pure and simple. You like your dude and aren't willing to give Diaz his due.

Go back and watch RDA vs. Diaz. THAT is a clear, decisive, dominant, one-sided schooling, and RDA had the same strategy McGregor did, but better x10.

You're also ignoring the drastic size different between the two.

Diaz came in over weight a half pound. McGregor came in two pounds under.

It was obvious in the ring, Diaz had at least 15 pounds on McGregor.

In UFC, that's a lot more important than boxing.

That fight was at 155, where Diaz had to dry himself out to make. Let's see what happens when they fight the rubber match at 155. I'm guessing it looks more like RDA/Diaz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            Yes I did, but I blew my load too early and couldn't get hard enough in time for the 4th round.
            If Nate had came out hard at the beginning of the 4th he could have finished it. Conor was ready to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
              You're also ignoring the drastic size different between the two.

Diaz came in over weight a half pound. McGregor came in two pounds under.

It was obvious in the ring, Diaz had at least 15 pounds on McGregor.

In UFC, that's a lot more important than boxing.

That fight was at 155, where Diaz had to dry himself out to make. Let's see what happens when they fight the rubber match at 155. I'm guessing it looks more like RDA/Diaz.
              McGregor weighing or fighting about 150 is his weight,Diaz at 180 or whatever is irrelevant......I think 165/170 looked good and he beat Diaz pretty easily..i would have pounded the shyte out of him but..................................
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-21-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I watched it.

I saw two guys who were gassed - one of which had his power even gassed, one who did not.

I saw Diaz land more shots in the clinch than McGregor.

I saw McGregor with a look on his face eerily similar to what Northcutt had when he got submitted by Barbarena. He looked totally uncomfortable in the clinch.

I saw Diaz continue to chase McGregor all the way up to the end of the round.

To me, that's winning on aggression. Had Diaz not had him in the clinch for so long or had he missed all of the shots then I would have given it to McGregor.

All people are focused on is the leg kicking.
                Whos alt are you ,you're pretty stupid and that takes a lot for me to say.....

Comment

• Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
                  I scored the fight even. Conor clearly won rounds 1 and 4. He edged round 2 as well based on the two knockdowns but Nate came on strong at the end of round 2. So 3 rounds to Conor. I felt that Nate won the third round 10-8 based on the fact that Nate had Conor in a lot of trouble. When you are watching both the fighters and the referee (wondering if he might stop it) then you have grounds for a 10-8. It was one of those rounds where you are left wondering what if there was another 20 or 30 seconds.
                  Nate edged the last round through physical size and guts. So 3 rounds to Nate.
                  Draw.

I can also accept someone not scoring round 3 to Nate 10-8 which then gives the decision to Conor. I can also understand someone scoring round 2 to Nate despite the knockdowns considering Conor was visibly hurt at the end of round two. That method of scoring doesn't apply in boxing where knockdowns overrule everything. In MMA you could score round two to Nate and end up with him winning by a point.

Respect to both fighters.
                  MMa is scored per rnd....Connor won the first 3.....he won the fight without getting knocked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    MMa is scored per rnd....Connor won the first 3.....he won the fight without getting knocked out.
                    McGregor not only lost the 3rd big time but was lucky to have survived it altogether...you are the 1st person I've seen who doesn't acknowledge that and I can't even imagine what your are thinking. In fact a lot of people scored the 3rd a 2 pt round for Diaz.

All 3 judges scored round 3 for Diaz and one of them even scored it a 2 pt round. If only one of the other judges would have scored that 3rd a 2 pt round...which IMO it was...the fight would have been a majority draw.

Last edited by jaded; 08-22-2016, 10:25 PM.

Comment

No way did he "clearly" win Round 4. No. "Clearly" would be what he did in Round 1. That didn't happen and you know it.

The fact that Diaz even GOT McGregor up on the cage makes it no way a clear round.

I'll accept a swing round in 4 and 5 where it could have gone either way. But some of you are blind to this guy. He got exposed last night - piss poor stamina, limited moveset (for some reason, I know he can do more than that) and getting rocked by Nate Diaz was laughable.
                      You know it takes more than just getting somebody on the cage, right? Diaz didn't do much when he had Conor on the cage. In fact, let's not forget how Conor turned him around and landed some shots of his own before it went back to the center of the ring, where Conor had the better of Nate throughout the entire fight.

Piss poor stamina? He had extra weight on him and still made it through and won. That's pretty impressive. Limited moveset? He only used what he needed to beat Nate, which was enough. Rocked by Nate? Like that matters so much more than Nate getting knocked down three times and outclassed in the stand up fight.

Besides, when the heck did Conor get rocked anyway? Because I hadn't seen Nate do that once in this fight. Even if he did, this hardly "exposed" Conor, who did a real fine job compared to last time.
                      Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 08-22-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X